Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2017, 12:14 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Sorry, Weld. Old weird Harold (my boss) put the mill on the 'take with' list.
I didn't mean that I wanted that specific mill; the shipping would be prohibitive. I just meant that I wish I had one.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-21-2017, 04:07 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I didn't mean that I wanted that specific mill; the shipping would be prohibitive. I just meant that I wish I had one.
I figured that.

Trust me that you didn't want this one

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 07-13-2017, 07:44 AM   #78

Just about two weeks left to go. All but one of the staff not going has developed 'Short Timers Disease'. I've asked to have Tim cut loose because he has become absolutely worthless. They won't, but you get the idea. Dave will still do anything I ask but it's not getting done quickly.

I understand that almost nothing is ready at the new place yet. It has been so hard not to say "told ya" to management that the July 31st deadline wasn't doable. So it looks like I will be the last living cell in a dead body as of August 1st, surrounded by stock. That's the day after contracts expire for everyone who got a package. Dana in shipping may stick around because he was going to retire, so he didn't have a contract.

My understanding is that the sales staff will be brought in to help pack up and load trucks. That should be an effort in herding cats. And I get to supervise. And unload and set up at the new place.

I did get my company vehicle yesterday. 2011F150 with 232k on it. It's 'new to me', not 'new' as I was told. My boss wasn't pleased, either. His boss got earful from me about it. He gave me a bullshit explaination on why I got a high mileage hand me down. Again. I told him his explaination was what it was and it would be best if he steered clear of me for a while. Crap. Oh, well. It's only getting driven to the airport and a couple of places in Wisconsin.

That's the latest.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 07-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #79

I can hear the echo in the giant building now..........

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-13-2017, 12:21 PM   #80

Good luck with the sales staff packing and loading. One of the reps I work with is only good at ordering a round of drinks for everyone and then somehow vaporizing when the bill arrives.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #81

Quote:
Good luck with the sales staff packing and loading. One of the reps I work with is only good at ordering a round of drinks for everyone and then somehow vaporizing when the bill arrives.
I don't think the new Sales Manager is going to stand for that and we only have one guy who is going to pull the "I won't do manual labor" crap. The others are flighty and easily distracted by shiny objects, but will get the job done.

Here's a rundown of the sales staff.

I might have to wrestle my cheese curds and lefsa away from the overweight Norwegian Wisconsin. Uff da.

The guy from Memphis will run out the door to check out every loud V8 exhaust.

The ADHD guy from Vegas will stop in mid sentence to go outside and chase snakes while opening another tin of Copenhagen.

The guy from Denver will say "Want some special gummy bears?", while busting his butt.

The local guy will be working circles around everyone else. He's a farm boy and not yet 30.

The young guy from Houston will be trying to keep up with the local guy.

The guy from the Northeast just quit Tuesday. That means no one will be taking him behind the building to beat the snot outta him. He needed it.

The guy from Atlanta 'that guy' who will avoid doing anything but will tell everyone about his Harley, Rolex, Boat, Wife's money, etc. Take your pick. Ask him his sales numbers and he'll shut up.

The Sales Manager from Dallas will spend what little time he has trying to keep them rounded up.

I'll probably be face palming and asking the guy from Denver for more gummy bears.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 07-14-2017, 12:35 PM   #82

I heard Homer's voice there; mmm... gummies.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:31 AM   #83

One big happy dysfunctional family

Oh, yea , I want a 235k miler so I can break down in across the frozen tundra...should be fine
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-15-2017, 01:45 AM   #84

Quote:
I heard Homer's voice there; mmm... gummies.
And illegal in Illannoy.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 07-20-2017, 06:17 AM   #85

I've been in the field all week, so I'm missing all this weeks fun. Only heard from Old Weird Harold and Tim. Harold wants to know if I'll be in next week because he will be in Europe with the new Plant Manager on the Factory Tour. Twenty years seniority on the guy and I still haven't been. A sore point, kind of like my new truck.

Tim calls asking for hours on three used machines because he still doesn't know how to retrieve the info from the displays. Never mind that I gave that info last week, in an email, to the person asking Tim for the info. Jason and I have told each manager at least a half dozen times in the last couple of months.

Can't wait to see what awaits me on Monday.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 07-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #86

....and the fun continues. Don't you love it when there's someone with much less time and experience who gets all of the gravy (like Europe)? Same thing happened to me....but it was my old bosses girlfriend who found herself suddenly employed at my company. She was my "boss"...and I had to train her to be that. That was a jagged little pill. No justice, I tell ya.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-21-2017, 05:55 AM   #87

Got word yesterday that the shutdown has been postponed for a month because, wait for it, they aren't ready.

Soooo, management went around asking some, not all, to stay on for another month. There were few takers. Neither Tim or Dave accepted. No info on the two guys in shipping or CS. I do know the AP person is hanging on but I think that maybe it for Accounting.

Looks like I'll have the shop and warehouse to myself for the next few weeks. Oh boy!

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 07-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #88

Quote:
Got word yesterday that the shutdown has been postponed for a month because, wait for it, they aren't ready.

Soooo, management went around asking some, not all, to stay on for another month. There were few takers. Neither Tim or Dave accepted. No info on the two guys in shipping or CS. I do know the AP person is hanging on but I think that maybe it for Accounting.

Looks like I'll have the shop and warehouse to myself for the next few weeks. Oh boy!
Wait for it...lol
What a shock ...eyes rolling
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #89

Last full week. Anyone that wasn't asked to stay on past the 31st will be done next Monday.

I asked the powers that be if they planned a lunch or anything for those that will be laid off and got the deer in the headlight stare. I said "I thought so".

So, Mrs C. and I picked up their slack and will be hosting a cookout for everyone on Friday. We are taking care of the entire cost this little shindig.

I so home someone from the home office is here Friday.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 07-24-2017, 07:18 PM   #90

Quote:
Last full week. Anyone that wasn't asked to stay on past the 31st will be done next Monday.

I asked the powers that be if they planned a lunch or anything for those that will be laid off and got the deer in the headlight stare. I said "I thought so".

So, Mrs C. and I picked up their slack and will be hosting a cookout for everyone on Friday. We are taking care of the entire cost this little shindig.

I so home someone from the home office is here Friday.
Hehe, good one. Did you figure a mount for your bbq pit or rven propane grill yet on the back of the rpoc? Would be great for the party....great for those sausages