Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #76

I want to know were this slippry slope is so I can quit smoking weed
before I go over the edge.I been smoking for over fifty years so i got to be close to the edge.I raised my family and now a have two lovely great grand children. I would to stick around long enough to take them for a ride on my motorcycle and enjoy there company :P

Old 01-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinariderinthesky
if i were the PM of "canukida" and my wife was bangin a superstar... man, that would be embarassing.

so, "social housing" is a politically correct way of saying GHETTO!!!! stuff all of the poor, tired and hungry all in a 4-block radius in the most run down parts of town. now, thats giving somone a chance! i have never heard of co-op housing and it still doesn't make sence. elaborate a little for me please.

Our Slum is Regent's Park. Not much of a slum I'm afraid. Ya it gets rundown because the gov. built it then forgot about it, but it's nothing like what I saw when I was in New York or at the bus station in L.A. 8O I mean nothing like that at all. Flower boxes and out door BBQs, cars with hub caps, and people wearing shoes. A nice clean and safe slum .

Co op's are nice! It took( I don't know about now) years to get to the top of the list to get in. Limited spots. I know they had so much money in reserve that if any work had to be done to the building, the money was available. True mixed housing. Town houses and high rise. Rich people and poor. 1/3 of your wage, regardless of total, paid each month. Most people live pretty good on 2/3 of a paycheque. Some people stay forever. Others save up their 2/3 and leave to buy houses elsewhere. Some buildings are very old but all are well taken care of. It was a wacky tree hugging hippie idea a long time ago. It turned out to be a great place to live long term.

I was hoping for clean safe low rental spaces. Co op or private it doesn't matter. Something, somehow less than $1000 for the people making $700 a month. If working people can't afford housing and food, and have to turn to crime to survive, they will.

olddude:
I know people that have been on the slope even longer than you still asking that same question. :wink:

Old 01-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #78

Give this a try.

http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServ...ame=calculator

Put your numbers in and see how you would fair under the proposed fairtax. If you have never heard of the fairtax it is a national 23% sales tax on all new goods that replaces the federal income tax. Everyone would get a prebate based on the number of members of your househeld to cover the tax on basic necessities. I can explain it, but it would be better to just read the website.

I am a supporter due to fact that the person making the money decides how much tax to pay. If you buy mostly used goods you don't pay tax.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #79

Quote:
I was being facetious

I think you missed this part.
No, I got it.
I was just funnin' with ya.

Now get back to reading your Toronto Star :wink:

Old 01-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #80

Katoranger, I don`t think you thought that through. It looks to me like the people living hand to mouth earning no bankable income will be the ones
supporting the goverment.The people earning millions will pay less then
1% of there income? Don`t sound so fair to me. :roll:

Old 01-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #81

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude
Katoranger, I don`t think you thought that through. It looks to me like the people living hand to mouth earning no bankable income will be the ones
supporting the goverment.The people earning millions will pay less then
1% of there income? Don`t sound so fair to me. :roll:
I dont think someone should be punished for hard work and being sucessful.Everyone should pay the same percentage.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #82

Fair is different things to different people. Its a sales tax, and people with more money buy more stuff.
Its a fact.
Basic necessities would also be addressed under the plan, so if you're really hand to mouth, it actually looks biased toward you.
I like the idea of a flat tax, no exceptons, regardless of income. Everybody pays a percentage.
Is it fair that some people don't have to pay because they're lazy, or made bad choices, yet some pay a lot because they're ambitious, or maybe even caught some breaks?
I think not.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #83

The one's making no income will come out ahead. They get a prebate check that would cover all the sale's tax they "might" pay. A family of 5 will get a check for $600 every month and also get to keep their full pay check.

http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServ..._faq_answers#3

The ones with the millions are the ones more likey to spend on new goods. Also the price of new goods will come down because the imbedded taxes currently there will be removed.

Also the ones with the millions are more likely to employ people if they get to keep there millions to spend as they see fit.

It really is not a difficult system.

Those who pay no taxes now will pay no taxes under the fairtax also.

This should qualify as a stimulus bill.

Barack's 819 billion spending bill will not help create jobs, just burden us and our kids for the rest of there lives with more debt.

Allen

Old 01-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #84

does anyone else feel doomed?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #85

Quote:
Not any more than usual. 8O :(
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 01-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedSouth
Quote:
Not any more than usual. 8O :(
Hoping that congress will wake up and just say no to Barack.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #87

well, some people feel that this "recession" is a small hiccup in our economy. i saw this coming LONG before the ARM crisis and long before all these banks started using their golden umbrellas. to be honest, im going to go buy a gun so i can hunt my food here soon.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #88

Quote:
No, but I feel like "they" are watching me... 8O

Old 01-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #89

careful what you say! BIG BROTHER IS LISTENING TO YOUR CALLS TOO! haha, no, i have always felt that "they" are watching me too. but if "they" want to bust me for WAY less than an ounce, i will be home at 4pm tomorrow... haha. please don't bust me, i like what little bit of a life i have left. i promise i wont make fun of you anymore BIG BROTHER! :wink:

Old 01-31-2009, 10:53 AM   #90

Quote:
well, some people feel that this "recession" is a small hiccup in our economy. i saw this coming LONG before the ARM crisis and long before all these banks started using their golden umbrellas. to be honest, im going to go buy a gun so i can hunt my food here soon.
Don't forget the tinfoil hat, too :P

The recession is exactly that.
In the big picture, its a hiccup in the economy, like every other recession. Trying to paint it as something its not, is a favourite pastime of the mainstream media.