Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2020, 07:55 PM   #76

My dad has been in a nursing home since September,and they were completely locked down when all the craziness started at least to visitors etc. He turned 90 on Easter Sunday ,and he doesn’t have a phone ,or laptop etc. so we have not heard or seen anything from him for months now .Today I get a call ,that I can see him through a closed window for 15 minutes on Friday and we have to talk on a phone .There has been no Covid in my area since the middle of May ,and nobody in his home got it at least that is what has been reported in the news but we don’t know .I am thinking should bring him some soap on a rope ,since he is in jail I guess .If it’s a nice day ,why would they not set some chairs up in the parking lot FFS .
At least he is still alive and safe ,many others didn’t do as good unfortunately .Thats my Covid story for the day .

Old 06-10-2020, 12:11 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
My dad has been in a nursing home since September,and they were completely locked down when all the craziness started at least to visitors etc. He turned 90 on Easter Sunday ,and he doesn’t have a phone ,or laptop etc. so we have not heard or seen anything from him for months now .Today I get a call ,that I can see him through a closed window for 15 minutes on Friday and we have to talk on a phone .There has been no Covid in my area since the middle of May ,and nobody in his home got it at least that is what has been reported in the news but we don’t know .I am thinking should bring him some soap on a rope ,since he is in jail I guess .If it’s a nice day ,why would they not set some chairs up in the parking lot FFS .
At least he is still alive and safe ,many others didn’t do as good unfortunately .Thats my Covid story for the day .
Wow, Bruces. Best of luck to you and your dad. Stories like yours are truly the grim reality of Covid and this entire pandemic scene. Thanks for sharing and let's hope this BS will be over soon.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-10-2020, 12:43 PM   #78

https://www.attendo.fi/ajankohtaista...si-laheisille/

A local entrepreneur had a mini schoolbus sitting idly at his yard so he decided to convert it to a "meetup bus" that can be driven to an elderly home parking lot anywhere in the area and people can go meet their relatives without dangering them or any other tenants. The moment people got whiff of the concept their reservation phone blew up and every single meet slot has been filled to the foreseeable future.

The text unfortunately is in Finnish but I translated the pictures for you.
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad

Old 06-10-2020, 03:47 PM   #79

That looks like a great idea Matt ,it’s kind of what I am getting into myself except I get to sit on a bench outside the building .
I work with a couple Finlanders ,they are fantastic carpenters ,they claim their father was something like Elvis in your country ,he had a hit record over there much later in life and his kids say it’s strange how people in Finland know him and bother him for autographs and stuff .He moved here in the late 60’s .I don’t know his first name ,but his last name is Jutilla .

Old 06-10-2020, 04:19 PM   #80

The only famous Jutila (only one L) that comes to mind is Timo "juti" Jutila who is a former ice hockey player that captained the Finnish hockey team into world championship at 1995 and again as a team leader at 2011. Not sure if he`s ever done anything musical on his own but he did accept the award for some sort of a greatest hits collection in the hockey team`s name after the later championship. Would need to know his first name to know if we`re eben talking about the same person but I`m willing to bet EVERY single Finn will recognize the picture of "Juti" if shown.

Old 06-10-2020, 04:26 PM   #81

Well this guy is currently in his 80’s ,so I bet it isn’t the same guy .I will try to track down a first name l.o.l. .

Old 06-10-2020, 04:50 PM   #82

yea not the same guy "juti" is currently 56

Old 06-11-2020, 08:17 AM   #83

I've found some freelance jobs, read some books, I didn't have time which on. I've spent lots of time together with my wife as we did it in the beginning of our relations. That was really productive time, maybe, I even liked this period of my life.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:17 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larlarte View Post
I've spent lots of time together with my wife....
Same here. I retired last July and was just adjusting to doing whatever the heck I wanted when Mrs. 2LZ was at work all day....and now she's been working from home since the lockdown.

Mrs. 2LZ and I have a magnificent relationship and always have....but man, this has been an adjustment. In our small house, her office now resides in the loft above the kitchen, dining and living room. Don't get me wrong, I feel extremely fortunate that she has been able to retain her job. I get that. It could have been far worse.....but....being the good husband-in-tow and trying to make the best of the situation.....

I've discovered there are "good noises" and "bad noises".

Good noises:
1- The clanging sounds of doing the dishes
2- The opening and closing of the laundry machines
3- The vacuum cleaner (this one almost puts her in a trance)
4- The opening and closing of the kitchen door, multiple times, bringing in the groceries I just purchased.
5- The opening and closing of cabinets and drawers putting away said groceries.

All of these "good noises" are completely acceptable, palatable, and can be as loud as necessary. I discovered that they actually have a soothing affect on her, so I do my best to accomplish them often.

Bad Noises:
1- The stereo (any volume over "1")
2- The TV (if it's a show she doesn't like)
3- My guitar (Unplugged is acceptable)
4- My drums (self-explanatory)
5- Laughter in general, especially involving someone else

These are all "bad noises" and can have a serious affect on her work productivity.
So, in an effort to do my part, and make Queen Jung Un's work day as productive as possible, with as few interruptions as I can provide, I spend a lot of time riding Q. I'm doing it for her, you know.... Some sacrifices are worth the effort. ;-)

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 06-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Same here. I retired last July and was just adjusting to doing whatever the heck I wanted when Mrs. 2LZ was at work all day....and now she's been working from home since the lockdown.

Mrs. 2LZ and I have a magnificent relationship and always have....but man, this has been an adjustment. In our small house, her office now resides in the loft above the kitchen, dining and living room. Don't get me wrong, I feel extremely fortunate that she has been able to retain her job. I get that. It could have been far worse.....but....being the good husband-in-tow and trying to make the best of the situation.....

I've discovered there are "good noises" and "bad noises".

Good noises:
1- The clanging sounds of doing the dishes
2- The opening and closing of the laundry machines
3- The vacuum cleaner (this one almost puts her in a trance)
4- The opening and closing of the kitchen door, multiple times, bringing in the groceries I just purchased.
5- The opening and closing of cabinets and drawers putting away said groceries.

All of these "good noises" are completely acceptable, palatable, and can be as loud as necessary. I discovered that they actually have a soothing affect on her, so I do my best to accomplish them often.

Bad Noises:
1- The stereo (any volume over "1")
2- The TV (if it's a show she doesn't like)
3- My guitar (Unplugged is acceptable)
4- My drums (self-explanatory)
5- Laughter in general, especially involving someone else

These are all "bad noises" and can have a serious affect on her work productivity.
So, in an effort to do my part, and make Queen Jung Un's work day as productive as possible, with as few interruptions as I can provide, I spend a lot of time riding Q. I'm doing it for her, you know.... Some sacrifices are worth the effort. ;-)
Sounds like some quality noise cancelling headphones would do you both wonders lol.

Being home with my 6 year old for almost 3 months straight really put a damper on my productivity. I go to work every few days now just to get caught up. My wife work 5-6 12hr midnight shifts in a row then 8-9 days off so we don't normally have an issue.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 06-16-2020, 12:16 AM   #86

Deck

Finally making headway. Lowe's is out of 2x8x12 fir for the flooring but the redwood is plentiful for the railing. With a few more beers, this should be done soon. End result will be 18x24. Once this lockdown is over, party time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7101.jpg (49.4 KB, 36 views)

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 06-16-2020, 02:09 AM   #87

That looks great ! .I like doing deck work .

Old 06-16-2020, 08:52 AM   #88

I watched Da 5 Bloods on Netflix. I didn't really want to see another movie about Vietnam, but streamed it anyway. It was better than I expected and It was fun to watch it.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:42 AM   #89

We just streamed Space Force the last two nights. Hilarious.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 06-16-2020, 11:52 AM   #90

last night we watched Rocketman, and then an obscure documentary on Paul Williams.... both amazing success stories of completely different types, both amazing with their lives recovery, both over 30 years now... thats a big thing to me, as i myself have struggled with addiction... i am currently clean 6.5 months, and hope to stay that way....