Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #76

Now that I think about it, I'm used to the side one, on the bikes, so it's leaning that way, the beast can't lean onto the side stand... Good point.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #77

good deal dude, once you really take a look and try taking a wrench to the drain plug from the rear of the motor just below the swingarm, you will thank me. normal oil change for me is is about an hour due to how long the drain plug bolt is and that i can only get about 1/8 of a turn at a time..

Old 01-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #78

I hogged a big hole in my skid plate to allow access with a socket. it looks like I cut the hole with a steak knife.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #79

btw jim if that cable does not work out gio sells the gio beast throttle cable brand new for 9.99.. i got lucky and used my cable lube tool along with a can of carb cleaner to my stock cable. another round or 2 of carb cleaner through the whole cable followed up by a good long strong blast of cable lube into the cable should get it to where my throttle isnt notchy

Old 01-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #80

I just can't find parts sales on gios site anymore. Was hoping they would return.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #81

email them, i emailed a few days ago asking if they sold them. took a day or 2 but got a reply saying they did, how much it costs and for me to send them my name, shipping address and phone number and he would send me a invoice for it..

look this guy up on ebay, he works for gio. think its the same guy you would get by emailing them from their email on the website.

sven99neo

Old 01-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #82

Ahh thats a good idea, I bought a seat from him on ebay. I've looked on gio's site, but I cannot find a way to contact them (email or phone), I really think they don't want to talk to us.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 AM   #83

The last email I used was allstarsalez@telus.net, which is what they were called before Giovanni, which morphed into Gio.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-11-2011, 02:57 AM   #84

well no when you need a part and you cant find it online, email that guy on ebay and he will get it for you..

Old 01-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #85

Went and installed the new shocks today, they have the red springs, so I don't know if they'll leak or not, but they're ok for now either way.

I went to put the front wheels back on, (oh Weld&Grind brought his friend Luke over and installed tubes in the tires, thanks ) and noticed that for some reason, one of the previous owners drilled out the holes on the wheel. We made some bushings to fill the gap between the hole and nut and stuck it in there with jbweld, some over sized washers should clamp it down good enough I think.

I also got some hand grips for it, I haven't ventured off to a bike shop yet, but was at the co-op and thought I'd have a look in the bicycle section. I got a nice set of bicycle grips for $5 and they fit just right.

The new carb has arrived, I'm just waiting on my throttle cable, and then I guess I'll need to go buy some jets.

We also added some distilled water to the battery and charged it, we'll see if it will hold out for a while.

Edit: also a few other discoveries, the handlebars were off center so I loosened it up and moved them over. Seems one of the previous owners also stripped on of the bolts good as it was just sitting there. I found a new bolt and it threaded in fine. Also one of the wheel nuts was missing so I found a new one.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #86

i have been having awsome luck with my new battery by just unhooking the negative wire at the end of the day or ride or whatever. its been out of the quad now for 3 weeks and has held its charge nicely not requiring a charging yet

Old 01-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #87

It sounds like it would be worth the time to install a connector that you could easily unplug from the battery.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #88

havent found any for atv sized batteries, other wise id be all over it..

Old 01-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #89

Why not just stick some connectors in the line a few inches off the battery?

Old 01-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #90

1. didnt think about that
2. now that said thinking has been thought of, id preffer a quick disconnect right there on the battery.. its not a big deal for me to disconnect the negative wire.. only takes about 10 seconds or less to pull it off and put it on..