Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #76

I got them from this guy here Weld. If you wait and see, he may post some as a 1 cent start price as an auction instead of buy it not for $40.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3M-Monster-De...item4ab1f39bc5

I even went to 2 walmarts yesterday looking for that color paint...it's like it does not exist anymore.... :x

If all else fails, a nice silver will look pretty good on the frame.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #77

Well, the carb had been ordered officially. I got the same carb Weld had pointed out to me.

I am unsure what jetting it comes with, but I will be going to the local bike shop and getting a 30 pilot and a 115 main to start. See what that does for the old girl.

I may end up going a little larger to make SURE I am not lean. I hope the throttle response changes drastically. My bike, if twisted WOT quickly, will hesitate, bog out and then go like something kicked it.....I want instant power like my old CR had...touch it and it goes.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #78

Thanks for the link.

The new carb will come with a 100 main and a 20 slow jet. Pitiful. On midlifekrisis's 230 quad engine, we ended up with a 30 slow jet and a custom-drilled main that is about 114. He says it rips.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #79

are there apecific jets I need to get, or will any mikuni jets work? I would LOVE a 40 primary and maybe a 130 - 140 main....that would let her haul the mail!!

Old 05-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #80

Easy, big fella. The motor isn't that thirsty.

Slow jet: VM28/486-30, AKA 342-6180
Main jet: N100.604-115, AKA 342-1610

Start there. A 130 main isn't even likely to fire.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #81

I got the same decals. I prefered the monster look over the stock graphics. I haven't seen him post them for very cheap, but you can make him an offer I think I made an offer of $25 and he accepted it(of course there was taxes and shipping on top of that).

Old 05-11-2012, 05:48 AM   #82

Well, I ordered the carb last week, and I am currently waiting on it to arrive. I have sourced out the jets on Ebay, but I am going to try a local bike shop and see what they have to say first.

I am still waiting for the carb to arrive in the mail.....shouldn't be much longer I don't think.

I haven't started the bike since last week, but I want to take it out SO bad it's not funny. I've been busier than you know what lately.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #83

It will take a little fiddling to get the carb to meet your engine needs, but it'll be worth it.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #84

So I go into the local Kawasaki dealership yesterday morning, with the part numbers for the jets to fit my new carb.

My turn comes up, and the parts guy asks how he can help me. I told him I need a couple jets to fit my bike and I have the part numbers.

He turns to the computer and asks what kind of bike it is....I said Gio.

He turns away from the computer and says he can't help me.

"whynot?" I asked.

"We get 10 calls a day for parts on them piles of junk, and we turn ALL customers away" he goes.

Then I let the cap fly. First off, my bike is NOT a pile of junk....the KE100 I owned 8 years ago was. It broke down more than my Gio ever THOUGH of breaking down.

Second, I have part numbers for a carb that is used on a HONDA dirtbike. A brand name bike, and the part numbers are Mikuni part numbers.

Third, if your bikes wern't 10 times the cost of this Gio, I would consider a KX 125....if it didn't break down as much as my KE100.

Mad as you know what, I turned and marched out of the store....why do people hate these bikes so much?

Old 05-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyexponent
Mad as you know what, I turned and marched out of the store....why do people hate these bikes so much?
Several Reasons retailers and customers don't like these bikes.

We are all aware of the tinkering and messing around with them to get them reliable. Customers with about the same mechanical ability as a corn flake buy these things, rip them around straight out of the box then slag on them when they break down and they can't fix them.

Retailers hate them because these non mechanically inclined people bring their problems to them to try and get them fixed. They also don't like the fact that people are buying product at a tenth of what they are selling their stuff for.

Die hard Japan bike riders hate the idea that someone is having just as much fun on a piece of equipment that they are on a unit that cost a tenth of what they shelled out.

The china bike retailers are also notorious for either being hard to deal with or being scammers. Gives the units a bad name by association.

Next time you need something from a Jap bike retailer like the jets and they ask you what its on say a dune buggy or go kart. Do not say the infamous 3 letter bad word G I O.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Pocket Bike Canada is a deceitful retailer.
Stay away from them.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #86

ooops

Stay away from them.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #87

LOL...the kicker is this Jaloos...even if I walk in and SAY I have a Honda XR 200R...I need to provide them with a VIN number. I went through this with Honda, a couple weeks back. I had the SAME situation.

What hurts guys like us, is EXACTLY what you sayd. People who can't change a dead battery in a TV remote are pounding on these as if they are CR250's, then when they come flying apart in a month...they go in to get them fixed. They moan and groan about how bikes are bikes, and it shouldn't cost that much for this and that....

I recently started offering weekend work for off name brand bikes only. Re-ringing, rebuilding completely, tire changes, bearing replacements, all that fun stuff. I am only charging $25 an hour plus parts (shop supplies like motor oil and whatever can either be bought by them and brought to me with the bike, or bought by me and only charge the retail amount without a markup, unless I have to make a special trip to town)

I HATE how people bash these things. I have had several bikes apart, and this thing is not much different. the frames are not as tough true, but I am not out beating the snot out of my bike everyday. Some trail riding, but mostly fire roads and the occasional hill climb.

I am ordering the new jets off Ebay today......$15 but it's not the end of the world. 30 pilot and a 115 main. It should be a HUGE improvement.

On another note, I changed the needle position on the slide from the middle groove to the bottom groove. All hesitation seems to be gone and the power is a lot smoother. It can only get better from this point on!

Old 05-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #88

In an honnest statement of fact, how many guys on here with a STOCK gio can catwalk in first and second gear, merely by rolling harder into the throttle?

I tried it in first gear today, and the bikes picks up teh nose fairly fast, second gear is the same thing. I am hoping for a similar effect in thrid with the new carb. I can lift it in thrid, but I got to try pretty hard with LOTS of go go juice.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #89

Hey i took out the Rebel Ti twice last weekend and went on the dirt bike trails that the big boys with the big toys go on.

It faired awsome and only had a issue trying to climb a hill that the 450cc dirt bikes take. I went everywhere else the big boy toys went without an issue.

For an CVT 110cc motor it performed like a champion. Only real complaint is the front end is a little too stiff, a shock change will fix that.

Would I pay 4 grand for a used Jap quad to have the same amount of fun as I had on my brand new 600 bucker. In short H3LL NO !

My neighbor was selling his polaris atv and couldn't get it started. Who came to the rescue the guy next door who works on china bikes. Determined if there was spark and then figured out there was no gas. Hit the float bowl with a screw driver and she fired right up. A shop would have soaked him a couple hundred bucks to fix that.

Thats why they don't like our china bikes because we learn to fix them ourselves.

Stay away from them.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #90

I never say what I'm buying the parts for. When it comes to jets, I simply bring the jet in that I'm trying to match up, and the counter guy can then order the size I need. Every time I'm in there, I let them know that I found the same parts online, but that I'd rather support a local business (not just for nickel and dime stuff); they're always grateful.

If the counter guy asks what the jet is from, I just say it's from a Mikuni that I bought on eBay, which is true. I say that I don't know what it was originally designed for, which is also true. BTW, I buy the jets from the local Yamaha shop, because they speak Mikuni (Honda speaks Keihin).

Hope that helps.