Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2020, 08:24 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
Just getting a jab in on some of our more prominent members..
Young whipper snapper. GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-24-2020, 09:24 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Young whipper snapper. GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
Yeah!
(Apparently, I am elderly and can’t come up with a snappy comeback. Give me awhile.)

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-24-2020, 10:54 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Yeah!
(Apparently, I am elderly and can’t come up with a snappy comeback. Give me awhile.)
That's because i'm so much younger than you in my mind.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-24-2020, 01:31 PM   #79

My home county went on semi-lockdown yesterday. My work county will go on semi-lockdown at midnight tonight. I still need to go to the office tomorrow to sign and seal some permit docs.

Old 03-24-2020, 02:16 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I am sure they will not stop foreigners from leaving NZ to go home...
But flights with stop overs in different country's could be a real issue...
Some country's are even discouraging transit passenger's...
He has a ticket for Friday so hopefully he'll be able to board a plane. When he showed up at the airport on Sunday to get an earlier flight, they denied him a ticket, so he had to make his way back to the south part of the south island where his friends live. They have a vineyard there and that's why he went in the first place. To help them on the vineyard and check out NZ in the process. It was supposed to be a great adventure for a 22 year old in his jobs off-season.

Fingers crossed he gets his flight. If you do get to keep him for a while though, he's a good kid. Hard worker.... Abuse him at will.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-24-2020, 04:21 PM   #81

just read that Trump is thinking of letting people go back to work... business's
reopen... if he dose this early... you fella's are f_ _ ked..." Italy"
I guess money is more important than the people who put him in power...
who would have ever thought that... shocker..

you all better start praying for a vaccine... maybe your only hope now...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 03-24-2020, 05:09 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
just read that Trump is thinking of letting people go back to work... business's
reopen... if he dose this early... you fella's are f_ _ ked..." Italy"
I guess money is more important than the people who put him in power...
who would have ever thought that... shocker..

you all better start praying for a vaccine... maybe your only hope now...

I have a few friends that are from Augusta and Miami, they all have the same mindset. "I'm not going to lose money because of this!!!", "We are not Italy, they are Latinos, we are not" "It's my freedom".

I'm going to quote me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post

US:
March 12: 1697 cases, 41 deaths
March 22: 33546 cases 419 deaths
March 24: 52921 cases 684 Deaths.

Is not a joke, at this moment the virus is out of control, we need to stay in our houses. So far is the only way to stop the virus, until we find a vaccines.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:18 PM   #83

As they say on Star Trek, we are "confined to quarters".

Last edited by wheelbender6; 03-24-2020 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Speelin

Old 03-24-2020, 09:42 PM   #84

My buddy is prepared.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6857.jpg (47.1 KB, 57 views)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-24-2020, 09:58 PM   #85

For all of you going by statistics, how many die with the beer virus and how many die because of it? They dont tell you that. A person can be ready to die of X but they got the beer virus at the last hour. Reported as death by beer virus. Don't trust the media. They hated our booming economy and will stop at nothing to bring it down. Strange that we have had worse viruses that didn't even blip the news. Now this one is a big deal. Think about it.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:48 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
My buddy is prepared.....
if i drank that much miller lite i would need waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more Charmin than that....

Old 03-25-2020, 08:14 AM   #87

Why would the media hate the US economy? A well functioning economy is beneficial to everyone, even the media. That being said, the economy wasn't functioning well. Wage stagnation is a real thing, and even if there hasn't technically been much inflation over the last 20 years, everything has gotten more expensive, with wages remaining the same. The economy wouldn't/couldn't shrink this much unless there was already underlying problems, which there were, and space to fall due to underlying weaknesses, which there was. Don't let stock market numbers confuse you, the economy never was fixed post 2008-9, and there is a lot of air in the market, which doesn't directly reflect the day-to-day lives of actual people.

If it were a conspiracy, then you'd have to get every media, from around the world, to work together to this end. Do you think that the Iranian media would play ball, for example? Do you think that many countries, including the one that I'm currently living in, would voluntarily collapse their own economy for the benefit of collapsing the US economy?

That's incredibly illogical, this is a reaction to a novel virus that is 70% similar to SARS, which had over 10% fatality rate. There are a lot of unknowns about this virus, and while it is less fatal than SARS generally, Italy has had about a 10% fatality rate, and the virus itself is virulent (transmissible) before people show symptoms. The world isn't 100% sure how, how quickly, and how effectively it transfers from person to person. This is a standard, if dramatic reaction to many things that are unknown.

I have a friend who lost one of his in-laws to the virus, with the other being sick, probably fatally infected, with the virus. Like any virus, it isn't the virus itself that kills you, it is the effects that the virus has on the body that do that. For example, with Ebola, it is a combination of your insides liquifying and dehydration that kills you (thankfully there's never been a global Ebola pandemic, mostly because it isn't as effectively transmissible as COVID-19), and with this virus, it is pneumonia leading to complete respiratory failure.

The world response has been to act with an abundance of caution, because in this case, it's better to protect people a little too much than to have 10% of your population die off. Almost everyone realizes this at the upper echelon of leadership globally, hence the reaction that you see (though some things are purely illogical, like hoarding toilet paper).

Old 03-25-2020, 10:36 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post

If it were a conspiracy, then you'd have to get every media, from around the world, to work together to this end. Do you think that the Iranian media would play ball, for example? Do you think that many countries, including the one that I'm currently living in, would voluntarily collapse their own economy for the benefit of collapsing the US economy?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/c...virus-n1168256

The media is so eager to destroy the US Economy that even infected Prince Charles, the son of the Reptlian Queen Elizabeth.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:59 PM   #89

Yes, the death toll in Italy is high, compared to any of the rest of the countries, even backwards Iran. But look at it on the map, it's a tiny little overpopulated country that probably needs some thinning of the herd (It's a shame the Pope hasn't gotten it).

But I live on a large continent called Murica. And here in Appalachian Ohio our neighbors are so far away we can't see the next house unless you drive down the road. I check the map every day to see which counties have a confirmed case, and there's none in any county connected to mine so far, benefit of living in the poor sticks I guess.

And at first I was concerned about the "lock down", but it turns out all it is limiting is some businesses and the gathering of large crowds in a structure. The governor is actually encouraging people to get outside and go for walks, bike rides, drives, and to visit state parks and golf courses.

And local law enforcement wants very little exposure and doesn't want infected prisoners so it's almost non existent. Now there are only 2 cops on duty in Mcconnelsville at any given time (which is almost reminiscent of the 1970s) and neither of them want any contact with the public. Be a good time to pull off a bank robbery.. 🤔
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 03-25-2020, 07:06 PM   #90

My company sent us a letter saying our company is necessary to maintain critical infrastructure. We are exempt from travel restrictions based on the Critical Infrastructure Act of ..... Thank you very little.