Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2024, 06:31 PM   #76

I can't keep the offset hot in this weather, but we have a window on Wednesday for grilling (just above freezing ). I have 5 lb of GOOD hamburger and some brats and big shrimp that might go on. Need to do some planning. Maybe I should pick up a ribeye family pack. No need to freeze the menu

Old 01-16-2024, 10:01 PM   #77

right now its 9F out and the schools are cancelled tomorrow due to the cold. I really was in denial about winter. we had such warm weather up until recently that I was thinking this is the new reality of global warming. well mother nature decided to end that crazy thinking in my mind and dump some snow and freezing azz temperatures on me. UGH!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	411512524_1060281141887329_3372331313452953428_n.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	30677  

Old 01-16-2024, 11:24 PM   #78

One very nice view!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-17-2024, 08:56 AM   #79

Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
One very nice view!
Beautiful Moundsville West Virginia. Home of the West Virginia Penitentiary (which you've seen in loads of movies and didnt know it) and the fastest Hawk this side of the mason-dixon line. hehehehehe :P (i think i did hit 68 once..i swear I did)

Old 01-17-2024, 10:31 AM   #80

yeah, I don't miss it one bit!

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 01-18-2024, 01:55 PM   #81

A while back I posted the Hawk for $1400 on fakebook, thinking I'd upgrade to the new hawk or a templar if I sold it. Well, I quickly changed my mind and thought I'd removed the ad. Some random dude offered me 1000 cash today. I thought about it for about 2 seconds and declined. I have 2 grand in it and even though it's got over 6000 miles on it now, the screen was clean the last time I changed the oil, the bike runs great and even if it is turning my old bones to dust, I just can let her go that cheap.

Old 01-18-2024, 02:45 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
A while back I posted the Hawk for $1400 on fakebook, thinking I'd upgrade to the new hawk or a templar if I sold it. Well, I quickly changed my mind and thought I'd removed the ad. Some random dude offered me 1000 cash today. I thought about it for about 2 seconds and declined. I have 2 grand in it and even though it's got over 6000 miles on it now, the screen was clean the last time I changed the oil, the bike runs great and even if it is turning my old bones to dust, I just can let her go that cheap.
I know what you mean. I'm having a hard time letting my old 2016 Hawk go. lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-18-2024, 02:53 PM   #83

A nice brisk (AKA Miserablely Cold) ride.

http://Night before last, and yesterday morning were the coldest temperature we have had in 2 year, but my new carb came in, and like a kid with a new toy, I had to try it. It's still cold, at just about freezing now, and is supposed to hit 35. I jetted my carb last night with a 130 main, and 40 pilot, but didn't mess with the needle, because I didn't he my needle nose pliers in the house. I'm just running the needle the way it came for now. I will have to experiment with carb settings, but I think it's pretty close now. I took it down one road, and it did really good, so I took it around to the backside of Rollins Lake, and I shut it off for pictures, and on my way back around the lake it was a little erratic at the real slow speed I was moving because it was slick. I was going slow around the lake on the way in, but didn't notice the little bit of erratic running then. But it did great out on the main road. I've not climbed any long fast hills yet, but I can really tell the difference in the motor's higher RPM especially once you get up over 6,000, and at 7,000 its pulling hard, and picks up real fast, to 8,000, and that's as far as I took it. If it is able to retain it's speed on some of the long,fast hills a little better than it did, I'll be satisfied. I don't plan on putting my plastic back on the bike till I paint it, and spruce it up some, but here is today at the same lake , and close to the same conditions , and when I first got the bike. http://

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 01-18-2024 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Picture

Old 01-18-2024, 03:09 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I know what you mean. I'm having a hard time letting my old 2016 Hawk go. lol
That's the way I feel about my Hawk, which is also a 2016.. I didn't mean to jump your thread Zapkin, I thought I was making a separate post. I saw your bike on Facebook Marketplace when you advertised it. I know how people are , they always want to either trade random items, or claim they will come look at whatever you're selling. They will see a junk Hawk, or TBR7, that's only fit for parts,for sale and automatically think that's what they should pay for a road worthy bike.

Old 01-18-2024, 04:10 PM   #85

My son is off to college. He left behind the Storm, which is similar to the Hawk, but has inverted forks, SS brake lines, a counterbalanced engine, and a stupid alarm (remote has battery delete!).

But I put a Tusk DSport rear tire on it, de-cat the exhaust, and the thing is super dependable. It is a great first bike, and it can CLIMB in the dirt and trails. I wouldn't sell it without his approval (probably with upgrade to a Templar in mind!).

A good Hawk is probably worth more than most people would pay for it. Just like this Storm.

I sold a COVID year TBR7 with many major issues for just about what we paid for it (it was my son's original new bike). The footpeg breaking off on first mount was the thing that told us that the old Storm would be better for him!

So I keep the Storm in the garage, drive it occasionally, and it is here for him.

Last edited by Thumper; 01-18-2024 at 06:08 PM.

Old 01-20-2024, 11:09 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
That's the way I feel about my Hawk, which is also a 2016.. I didn't mean to jump your thread Zapkin, I thought I was making a separate post. I saw your bike on Facebook Marketplace when you advertised it. I know how people are , they always want to either trade random items, or claim they will come look at whatever you're selling. They will see a junk Hawk, or TBR7, that's only fit for parts,for sale and automatically think that's what they should pay for a road worthy bike.
its all good. this thread has become a conversation. no biggie.

Old 01-20-2024, 11:11 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
Night before last, and yesterday morning were the coldest temperature we have had in 2 year, but my new carb came in, and like a kid with a new toy, I had to try it. It's still cold, at just about freezing now, and is supposed to hit 35. I jetted my carb last night with a 130 main, and 40 pilot, but didn't mess with the needle, because I didn't he my needle nose pliers in the house. I'm just running the needle the way it came for now. I will have to experiment with carb settings, but I think it's pretty close now. I took it down one road, and it did really good, so I took it around to the backside of Rollins Lake, and I shut it off for pictures, and on my way back around the lake it was a little erratic at the real slow speed I was moving because it was slick. I was going slow around the lake on the way in, but didn't notice the little bit of erratic running then. But it did great out on the main road. I've not climbed any long fast hills yet, but I can really tell the difference in the motor's higher RPM especially once you get up over 6,000, and at 7,000 its pulling hard, and picks up real fast, to 8,000, and that's as far as I took it. If it is able to retain it's speed on some of the long,fast hills a little better than it did, I'll be satisfied. I don't plan on putting my plastic back on the bike till I paint it, and spruce it up some, but here is today at the same lake , and close to the same conditions , and when I first got the bike.
you got out there! thats good! im going stir crazy right now. hehehe

Old 01-21-2024, 10:09 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
you got out there! thats good! im going stir crazy right now. hehehe
Today,and tonight are supposed to be about the same miserably cold conditions, but starting Monday, the temperature really improves, even though it's gonna be raining a good bit.
I live South of you, but I figure you get the similar weather.

Old 01-22-2024, 12:34 PM   #89

Ya guys looks like 51 thursday,time for a ride.hope don't rain.

Old 01-25-2024, 04:46 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
Ya guys looks like 51 thursday,time for a ride.hope don't rain.
It was close to 60 degrees here in Jackson County West Virginia, at 10:00 AM. Yesterday I painted my tank plastic with some gray that had on hand, but it was a little too cold, so that's all I painted. I.took my old saddlebags off, but have a set ordered, and a round headlight. I put the Hawk through the paced today, and it is really running good, I stopped at the lake today for a picture, but it was foggy, because it was warming up so fast. I hadn't even had the keys in the KPX for around a month, and even before I rolled it out, I tried to start it ,incase it's battery was dead. It started as soon as I bumped the starter. I rode it a good bit today as well, but it was drizzling rain just enough to get all over my face shield. .http://