Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2022, 08:08 AM   #916

Wow, this is getting really good now.....this will up your status with the Russians for sure.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 05-14-2022, 09:32 AM   #917

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Wow, this is getting really good now.....this will up your status with the Russians for sure.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-14-2022, 12:45 PM   #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
well now, it seems that my email calling all of management at beaufort, fcukwits, without actually saying it, landed on the desk of the international ceo. My paid informant told me there was a long and loud, one sided, come to jesus speech from alex. Then big al went on a last minute vacation. The production manager, he of the razor cut, and the us ceo, are simultaneously at each other's throat and doing cya. Harold wants to be pissed at me but he knew this was coming.

One of the sales guys told me that whatever i did, keep on doing it. I'm just gonna sit back and smile.
download.jpeg

Old 05-16-2022, 10:28 AM   #919

Well, shit. Back to Mexico tomorrow.

They wanted me there today but that ain't happening. I may be down there for a couple of weeks, so there goes my vacation. I raised holy hell about that because I was told that if I didn't use my vacation time before June 30th, I wouldn't be paid for it. I'm getting paid for it along with an addition to the $5K bonus because this is all on them. They didn't even argue.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-16-2022, 02:47 PM   #920

The Russian job is sounding better and better.

Old 05-16-2022, 04:29 PM   #921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
The Russian job is sounding better and better.
Da, is good deal for Mees....I mean, yeah he should totally jump on that.
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.

Old 05-18-2022, 07:33 AM   #922

Got to Cancun with no brain damage yesterday but it took us almost another 9 hours to get to Vallaolid.
There were several factors involved in that cluster. The mex-rep wanted to find a couple of hydraulic fittings that I’m not sure are even needed. That took a couple hours. Lunch is 90 minutes, no matter what. And we needed a different rental car. I wanted to go through Avis because I have an account with them, but they had no cars. So, we went through SIXT. Not bad but the mex-rep has a limit on his Amex and I don’t. So now I have a $5K deposit and rental fee on my Amex and I’m the primary driver on the car. In Mexico. On the plus side, the Nissan is a hell of a lot nicer than the POS Chevy Caviler we had. I drove about halfway to Vallaolid. It was after 8 pm and I’d been moving since 5 am so I had Jesus take the wheel.

Looks like I’m only going to be here until Saturday because the crap I’m supposed to install hasn’t even shipped yet from Beaufort. So I am taking my Vacay, minus one day. Then coming back down for two weeks to finish this cluster. Then I’m done.

After the BS that went down this week about having me drop everything to get down here, I’ve decided that I’m not even going to ‘Consult’ after the end of June. They are on their own.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-18-2022, 09:21 AM   #923

Make sure they "Lose" your phone number!

Old 05-18-2022, 02:54 PM   #924

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
After the BS that went down this week about having me drop everything to get down here, I’ve decided that I’m not even going to ‘Consult’ after the end of June. They are on their own.
Igor and Andrei will be pleased to hear that. You should start a whole new thread on how things go with the Kazakhstan plant.

With them rushing you down there when there is nothing to do, it sounds like your company is staffed with unaccountable federal bureaucrats.

Old 05-18-2022, 04:08 PM   #925

Not sure, but the town name of Vallaolid sounds like one in Kazakhstan.

they didn't blindfold you before the flight, did they?

Old 05-18-2022, 09:17 PM   #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
Not sure, but the town name of Vallaolid sounds like one in Kazakhstan.

they didn't blindfold you before the flight, did they?
It’s frickin’ hot here and the drink of choice is Mezcal, not vodka. No blindfold.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-21-2022, 08:45 AM   #927

Heading back home today for two weeks of no Beaufort. Then it’s back down here for two weeks. Home for one week, then it’s down Beaufort for my final four days. The final four are going to be interesting because it also coincides with the annual sales meeting. The overlords from France will also be there. But, wait, there’s more…the new VP has requested that all the Service guys also attend this meeting. Twenty five years with the company and this is the first time we’ve been invited. My guys and the Sales guys are expecting fireworks from me and I don’t intend to disappoint.
The worst that can happen is I get fired on the spot. I lose the promised $5K bonus if it happens but I can’t miss something I never had and Mrs. C has to wait another year for her hardwood floors.

I have pics to post after I get home of the BS I’ve had to deal with down here. Mostly of machines that were ‘inspected and passed’.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-21-2022, 09:18 PM   #928

Here's some pics of my life.

Holes in the bracket didn't line up with the pump.

A-holes in the factory cross threaded the upper bolts in with an impact wrench.

Flame cut bracket.

Not dressed or repainted. Also holding up one corner of an oil cooler that weighs over 200lbs when full of oil.

Heater duct.

Just hanging loose.

That's an air tank drain.

We got 10L of hydraulic oil from it. It's only a 15L tank.

But we were told, QC Inspected and Passed.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-21-2022, 11:29 PM   #929

Keep showing off their “good” work Cheesy ,and they will be running the entire show as soon as your out the door .Its clear nobody cares ,and they will be out of business at least in the US soon enough .

Old 05-22-2022, 08:20 AM   #930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Keep showing off their “good” work Cheesy ,and they will be running the entire show as soon as your out the door .Its clear nobody cares ,and they will be out of business at least in the US soon enough .
I honestly think the overlords aren't fully aware of how bad it is. Al is a good guy to have a beer with, but he's also a great yes man, credit claimer, finger pointer, and an accomplished turd polisher. He excels at telling the overlords at what they want to hear.

Old Weird Harold is an enabler to him. Also, with Harold, if it's a choice between integrity, ethics, and dollar signs, the dollar sign usually wins. Sometimes, ethics do shine through, but that usually happens when something can't be denied.

Both are great trying to ignore a problem long enough until it goes away. It doesn't happen as much now, because the problems aren't going away like they used to.

The rest of the management staff are just useless mouth breathers. The QC/IT guy doesn't know how the doorknob to the shop floor works. The Production Manager knows how to blow dry his hair, polish his shoes, and hold staff meetings, but can't tell when he's being bullshitted by the inmates. HR is plain nucking futs. You all know my feelings toward the CE.

The CS Supervisor is a gem, but because she gets little support from management and her staff are a bunch of fcukwitted buck passers she inherited, she's taken on more work than she can handle and she's hurting because of it.

I raised a lot of hackles last week by stating the motto of the old MTM was "Do It Right The First Time".(God, I had to quote that at every ISO recertification). I said that we didn't always succeed, but we tried, and we made it right. I told them that the motto at GNA should be, "Meh, Service Guys Can Fix It In The Field."

With less than 20 work days left, I'm just sitting back with an evil grin waiting for the sales meeting.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800