Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2016, 10:48 AM   #91

To be so strict on emissions California's city's have the dirtiest air I've ever seen. I was Stationed at Travis AFB and going down I5 when you come up through the pass and look down where LA would be I saw nothing but a smog cloud. As I desended through it, there was the hidden city. The rest of Cali is BEAUTIFUL, its a shame its regulated to death. I loved fishing the feather river, French meadows, Berryessa, Sac river and intercoastals out of Suisun City (for Sturgeon) and SF Bay for Halibut, and just riding my CBR all over N. Cali. Had loads of fun there.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:28 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
California is pretty strict with vehicle registration. More so if you have a California license and are driving around in another state-plated vehicle. Yes, it could work, in theory, but I think California has closed many loopholes and would ruin your day one day when you least expected it. I have read on different forums where people had Arizona plated vehicles, like UTVs and ATVs, in their pickups while visiting California, and have been talked to by zealous officers warning them to not even take them off the truck! However, I do remember a member here from Indiana who had a TMEC 200. He moved to N. California, and was able to plate his bike there. My friend who owns Excalibur Motorsports told me the same thing--if I, an Arizona resident, had my TMEC for at least 6 months, and moved to California, I could plate my bike there, too. Could this work if you are a California resident, bought a bike out of state and had a friend or relative keep it for you for 6 months, and then you bring it to California? I don't know, but I would be willing to try this out for someone.
I think the key is that the person in the other state has to have their name on the title. What are they gonna do, it has to be registered in one state or another and if you live in California it's not like you can change your driver's license to the other state to match. It would be the same if it was registered in a state that allows it and then ridden across state lines for a trip or whatever. It does not become instantly illegal once it crosses state lines. ATV's are a little different, that form of transportation is not allowed on a California street in any form. I have seen plenty of golf carts plated for street and used in California, both gas powered and electric. Not sure if they recognize a difference between one of those and a golf cart, but the UTV would definitely attract more attention from a cop.