Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2022, 02:45 PM   #91

Curios how you feel it compares to the Bashan Brozz. From what you've presented, I have to agree it's Xpro Titan seems to be the better of the bikes you noted at the start of the thread. Sorry to hear the dealer didn't have parts for it.

Old 01-25-2022, 02:59 PM   #92

Its better than the Brozz offroad with the bigger wheels, being lighter in weight (about 40 or so pounds), and the motor is a bit stronger compared to a stock Brozz.. for onroad, the Brozz is the winner with the memory foam seat, counterbalanced, and smoother overall.
But then i'd argue that the Brozz is not great as a primary road bike for highway riding, etc.. can't fault the Brozz though, its been great to me, super reliable and has done everything i have asked of it, including offroad fun

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 01-25-2022, 03:27 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
It's very simple. I just replaced one on my Chinese bike that was cutting out while riding. I swapped it for an OEM Honda one which was an exact fit. Now I have a Honda key! ...it.

Glen, do you have a link to which one you used?
2021 Hawk 150 (RPS Viper)

Old 01-25-2022, 04:22 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Worked on the carb today as i could see from the plug she was lean on idle and hard to start. A couple of discoveries:
- the stock PZ30 has a metal cap over the idle screw, you can twist it off with plier to reveal the idle screw (so stupid imo).
- there is no idle air/fuel mixture screw
- pilot is a 37 / main is a 102

Since I had my old stock PZ30 from the Brozz, i decided to use it instead. I used 2 shim washers under the needle, kept the 37 pilot (Brozz was a 34) and changed the main to a 110. Turned the a/f out 2.5 turns.
Started right up and a short ride reveals it to be much snappier and no deceleration popping!
This is great! Good to hear that you know what you are doing and made good choices. NICE

Old 01-26-2022, 12:22 PM   #95

First, thanks for all the great information about the Titan 250. It made me comfortable ordering one and took delivery last week. A lot of the suggested changes like Carb and CDi box etc was ordered at the same time, so it made upgrading super easy. I really appreciate the work that went into this post. The bike is in VA, so maybe a meetup is in order down the road.
On the not so good side, I ordered through powersportsmax. The bike was delivered with quite the dent/crease on the swingarm. I have been back and forth with them several times trying to get a new swingarm, or even just the part number for the swingarm for me to research. They have been less than helpful, offered $30 in the beginning - $50 eventually. This doesn't cover the part needed I'm sure. Unfortunately, they do not have a swingarm in stock and they are unwilling to honor their "warranty" or "50 day money back guarantee". The could take on off of another bike potentially.
Im honestly pleased with the bike for the most part sans the damaged parts. I would just seriously consider options before ordering from powersportsmax.

Old 01-26-2022, 01:07 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
First, thanks for all the great information about the Titan 250. It made me comfortable ordering one and took delivery last week. A lot of the suggested changes like Carb and CDi box etc was ordered at the same time, so it made upgrading super easy. I really appreciate the work that went into this post. The bike is in VA, so maybe a meetup is in order down the road.
On the not so good side, I ordered through powersportsmax. The bike was delivered with quite the dent/crease on the swingarm. I have been back and forth with them several times trying to get a new swingarm, or even just the part number for the swingarm for me to research. They have been less than helpful, offered $30 in the beginning - $50 eventually. This doesn't cover the part needed I'm sure. Unfortunately, they do not have a swingarm in stock and they are unwilling to honor their "warranty" or "50 day money back guarantee". The could take on off of another bike potentially.
Im honestly pleased with the bike for the most part sans the damaged parts. I would just seriously consider options before ordering from powersportsmax.
I'm sorry to hear about the damages to the bike. I also noted the damages i had on mine, albeit fairly minor, but you'd atleast think they would ship the bike right-side-up, but hey maybe i ask too much lol
They did the same $30 credit cuz parts not available for me and i was like sure, but in your case, if the swingarm is damaged and its structural integrity is compromised, thats a big-time safety issue and they better honor their warranty.. maybe push from the safety/lawsuit if it were to fail angle and see what they say..
Hell yea! where are you in VA? Im in Crozet and our other Titan bud (plumpkibbles) who paved the way for us to get registered easily) is in Allegheny County

Old 01-26-2022, 02:31 PM   #97

I am disputing the charge with my card in hopes that it may put a little pressure on them to honor their own listed warranties. At this point, I just want the bike to be rideable and safe.
I actually live in Florida, but it is being stored in Virginia at a friends house (Senna 5152) just south of Richmond. I have some property in WV on the Hatfield Mccoy trails, so we will be going up there as often as we can. No real place to ride in South Florida and happy to fly in to play whenever possible.

Old 01-26-2022, 02:57 PM   #98

$30 is a joke for a replacement swing arm. The CSCTT250 and Brozz250 swing arms start at $115 + shipping.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-26-2022, 07:27 PM   #99

I suspect that the damages on these crate bikes are due to shippers. Imagine the forklift operator looking at a Chinese crate bike he has to move. Sad, I know, but blaming the distributors for all of this type of damage is kind of unfair. They should pay for insurance, I suppose, but that adds to overhead, and we demand cheap, ya know!

Old 01-26-2022, 09:11 PM   #100

They, as the shipper, most likely pay some kind of nominal insurance in their shipping rates. However, they probably do not want the additional paperwork and aggravation, and prefer to offer $30 or $50 for your "silence". This, and in order to file a claim with the shipping company, the recipient has to submit a detailed and documented damage description. Not easy to put the driver on hold for a couple of hours while you open up the crate and go through all the potential issues. FWIW.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:16 AM   #101

In my case the driver upon delivery told me that it doesn't look so good and that I may want to refuse the shipment.. I hopped in the trailer and yea most of the bike was oil drenched but I looked for any cracks or gashes in the engine case or on the body and it looked good and the rest is history.. But who knows what other headaches id have dealt with PSM if I did that.. yea in cases of serious damage the $30 offer is ridiculous and only serves to increase the suspicion around the dealer.
They love to flash in bold lettering their x day money back guarantee and all that but I wonder if anyone has ever been successful in returning one of these bikes.. Ive never heard of it.. But The Captain's case will certainly test their resolve once they get word of the credit card dispute. hoping they make it right for you soon

Old 01-27-2022, 10:53 AM   #102

I took delivery of the bike for The Captain here in Virginia. I can certainly attest that the LTL company did not cause this damage, at least not while in route to me. The crate and the wrap on the bike (this one was already built) was intact and I did not find this until it was already unwrapped, but still on the pallet. I suspect either this bike was shipped once before and refused or it was discovered damaged by PSM and sold as refurbished. We asked them about the refurbished status before it was ordered but they did not respond. There was no indication the bike would be sold as is, in fact the warranty and 50 day guarantee were prominently displayed on the product order page. Given the company stated online they stand by their products and everyone's experience here, he ordered the bike. We have no issue changing out the swingarm, but PSM needs to stand by their statements online by doing the right thing and providing the part. We will provide updates here as we know more.

Old 01-27-2022, 11:03 AM   #103

They have stated that they do not have the part in stock. They could take one from another bike if they were honest about their warranties. Besides this, I have asked for part numbers several times so that I may look for an equivalent somewhere else. No response on this, just the usual here - take $50 and go away. I am a business owner, have been for a long time. If I guarantee something, I stand by that. I have given them every opportunity to do the right thing over the past week with several requests for part numbers, information, anything. At his point, its not about the money for me. Its about doing the right thing as a business. Im happy to fix the bike with either the $ to buy a new swing arm, have them send me a swingarm, or just send the bike back. Its up to them as to what they decide to do.

Old 01-27-2022, 11:30 AM   #104

Post up a good close up picture of the swing arm. We may be able to help find a match.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-27-2022, 11:44 AM   #105

Quick question on this bike. I just changed my oil from the junk that was shipped with and I put in 10w 40 full synthetic Valvoline motorcycle oil. As I did this I watched a video on YouTube of a guy doing this oil change and he was very adamant to no use synthetic oil in this bike/motor because of something to do with the clutch. Is any of this true? Do I need to go buy conventional motorcycle oil and swap it out?

Also which oil have all of you been using and what is the capacity of this 223cc engine? 1qrt?