Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #91

I's add WR and KLX250's to that short list.

Bring your earplugs... :roll:

Old 07-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #92

Gotta love Ebay. $5 for goggles, $6 for mirrors and $24 for a spare shift rod.

The mirrors stay put unlike the stock ones that move from vibration as soon as you start the bike. Havent tried the shift rod yet.

On a side note I had some guy ask me today if I built my bike. At least one thing thats nice about this bike is that nobody here has one like it. I get lots of questions. But I didnt buy it to show it off, bought it to ride it LOL.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #93

Good for you, Gonzo!

P.S. I know what you mean; it's nice to have a motorcycle that's unique.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #94

Those goggles are an epic win! 8) Your mirrors are the same ones I bought. Love 'em.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #95

For crying out loud! What is the deal with Icebear?

I have killermotorsports my vin over two months ago and still dont have my Lic, Reg and Tittle. WTH? So I emailed them yesterday and found out that the lady that took down my vin wrote it down wrong.

So instead of calling me or emailing me letting me or killermotorsports know that the vin number was off they didnt do anything. Two months wasted because of this. Its like they could care less. So I gave killermotorsports the number again and even took a photo of the VIN and sent it to them.

To top things off my shift rod broke well over a month ago and I still do not have my warranty replacement. Emailed the warranty dept and they say they are out of stock or something. Luckily I had my broken one repaired by a machinist.

I am really dissapointed by the customer service of these companies. I gave them the VIN over the phone using the phonetic alphabet and even had her repeat it back to me yet she still got it wrong when she sent it to Icebear. Guess I was interrupting her lunch break or something.

Sorry guys, I had to vent. I guess its like the old saying. You get what you paid for. But damn, I paid about $2500 for a 250cc TT&L. The dealer invoice on these things is right around $990 when imported in numbers, or so I have read elsewhere. It's not like they are not making money off of these things.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #96

I need to get a set of those goggles for the lawnmower.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoX
I gave them the VIN over the phone using the phonetic alphabet and even had her repeat it back to me yet she still got it wrong when she sent it to Icebear. Guess I was interrupting her lunch break or something.
Maybe they're simply lying to you. Perhaps they'd rather lie than admit that they've done nothing.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #98

I think they're probably lying. :roll: I also think most chinabike dealers are greedy, and make an excessive profit from the motorcycles they sell. :(

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #99

Well its been a while so thought I would update.

First things first. Got on the interstate for the first time. NEVER AGAIN! I can do 60mph tops doing full throttle and the engine was vibrating all the way to my back teeth. Had a car on my azz doing 90 and he almost hit me. I hate to say it but I need a bigger bike for that. I love my DF250 bobber but its an in town only bike. 250cc just doesnt cut it. It is a great first bike though.

On the way home doing full throttle my air injection hose burst. I lost speed and the tone of my engine changed. Also smelled something burning. It was only the hose I think. Replaced the hose with a better quality one. Engine seems fine so I averted disaster I think.

In the meantime I bought a new helmet and a rain cover. And after almost five months I finally got my lic plate. Damn these people are slow. All I need now is my TX title to come in. Still waiting on my warranty replacement shift linkage rod. Seems killermotorsports loves to sell these bikes but their support and parts system is all but worthless. I recommend you guys do not buy a bike from them.

I think Ill wait a year and then upgrade to a jap bike. Not a diss on Chinese bikes but in all honesty, if I were rich I would have gotten a bmw bike. I do NOT however regret my purchase. It was the best bang for the buck on a brand new bike and I didnt want a used and abused one. It has its place in the market.

The bike is a novelty item. Get lots of questions, stares, honks and compliments so it's not all bad. But I bought this thing to ride, not to showboat. As long as I stay off the super highway I think Ill be OK. I dont want to get rid of it if I can afford another bike. I would like to keep it. The cooless factor is worth every dollar spent IMHO. As with any Chinese made part you have to take a chance.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #100

I'm glad that you didn't learn about small bikes on highways the hard way; good to hear that you weren't hurt.

I get what you're saying about a bigger Japanese bike, and I can also appreciate the desire to keep the Ice Bear. You won't find another bike like that unless you build one.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I'm glad that you didn't learn about small bikes on highways the hard way; good to hear that you weren't hurt.

I get what you're saying about a bigger Japanese bike, and I can also appreciate the desire to keep the Ice Bear. You won't find another bike like that unless you build one.
X2 on all points. There are very few 250cc motorcycles, Chinese or otherwise, that are safe to ride on the freeway. 8O I'm very glad you weren't injured.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #102

Got on the interstate for the first time. NEVER AGAIN! I can do 60mph tops doing full throttle and the engine was vibrating all the way to my back teeth. Had a car on my azz doing 90 and he almost hit me.

I learned the hard way. My Zong and I were nearly killed when we were rear-ended by teenage girl on her cellphone. I was doing about 65-70 in a 70. She was going MUCH faster. I was broken up. She dropped her cellphone. Her phone was OK. I went to the hospital in an ambulance.

PLEASE EVERYONE don't ride your 250's on the highway! Unless they are capable of cruising at 80+ MPH. I don't know any common Chinabike that meets that criterion.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #103

Ice Bear Bobber

Hi, folks. I am strongly considering buying a 250cc Ice Bear Bobber from Killer Motor Sports in Fort Worth, TX. I've researched quite a bit so far, but it would be really helpful to actually see one in person before taking that leap. Are there any DFW metroplex area bobber owners OR any folks with personal experience dealing with KMS. Just trying to get a good deal and be careful not to get taken. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #104

Re: Ice Bear Bobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbourn
Hi, folks. I am strongly considering buying a 250cc Ice Bear Bobber from Killer Motor Sports in Fort Worth, TX. I've researched quite a bit so far, but it would be really helpful to actually see one in person before taking that leap. Are there any DFW metroplex area bobber owners OR any folks with personal experience dealing with KMS. Just trying to get a good deal and be careful not to get taken. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.
Welcome to these forums; we are glad you joined us.

I suggest you start a new thread in the Street Forum posing your question; you are likely to get more replies.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #105

thank you