Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #91

Together, decaled, and test riding.

I got the stock carb to stop popping and snapping, but with the mild stock jets, I can't wait to put the mikuni on it with the bigger jets.....it should MOVE.

I didn't have a helmet on, so nothing too wild.

Enjoy.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #92

Outstanding result.

I'm sure you will like the Mikuni. :wink:

Old 05-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #93

Your bike looks really good. Looking forward to the Mikuni test.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #94

Thanks, the decal kit REALLY set it off. I took it to work in hopes of taking it for a ride, but I got distracted by broken trucks.....oi..

Toyota 2.4 filling it's oilpan with gasoline...and not just a little, almost a gallon of gasoline. I got her fixed though...Injector stuck and was simply dripping fuel in the cylinders and it was running pas tthe rings.

I am betting on that carb landing here either this week or next week. I still need to get jets...turns out my yamaha "dealer" is the same store that bashed the Gio to begin with....so Ebay jets it is for me!

Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyexponent
I still need to get jets...turns out my yamaha "dealer" is the same store that bashed the Gio to begin with....so Ebay jets it is for me!
Idiots, one would think money is money. What does it matter what you plan on using the jets for, you would think they are single handedly trying to put china bikes out of business.

The real kicker is these people are the same ones that complain when people spend money across in the US or ebay.

They need to shut the F_ck up and just take the money already.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Pocket Bike Canada is a deceitful retailer.
Stay away from them.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #96

I hear that Jaloos!! It drives me NUTS how people won't sell you anything for a cheap alternative.

I bought a snowbear plow and put it in my F250 4x4...mostly for ym own driveway, but I plowed quite a few driveways this winter with it. I needed to get some bolts....some simple hardened bolts...which are universal between my plow and a fisher to hold the cutting edge on....and the fisher plow store pretty much mocked me and said they had nothing there to fit the cheap imitation snow plows.

So I said screw you, you are just a bunch of @$$holes....I went to fastenal and got what I needed....and at about 1/3 of the price too!

If Procycle won't help me, then the money I needed to spend on a tire, jets, decal sheet, and a few other odds and ends will go to the states through Ebay. I need parts and I don't have time to play these games with those idiots.

I had a NASTY rattling in my muffler and it was driving me INSANE....so I took it apart last night to find out why. There was next to NO packing left, the spark arrestor screen was blown out and missing. The "baffle" (pipe with all the holes in it) ws loose as a lone peanut in a coffee can and it was rattling around. I took it out and then I seen teh packing was all blown to crap. So I hauled it out...I need to replace it. I put the hollowed out muffler back on, and to my surprise...it's NOT that loud.

I am going to buy a bunch of steel wool and put that muffler back together better than factory. I HATE any rattles and shakes......this coming from someone who drives a diesel pickup...lol

Old 05-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #97

Four stroke packing is easily found and is probably less expensive than steel wool.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #98

Well, my Mikuni showed up today. I brought it home, and HAD to put it on. I went out to the garage with a couple cold ones, the carb and I was in a GREAT mood.

I put the carb on the bike, and started adjusting it. It works WAY better than the PZ 30. The idle is WAY smoother, there is no poooing and coughing and stalling at ALL.

So I got it somewheres close and took it for a drive around hte house.....WOW! It REALLY came to life. You can REALLY feel a difference in the quality of the carb.

Now, the mood killer. The bike had a hard time returning to idle. After a few minutes it was idling at about 4000 RPM....GREAT....NOW what?!

The throttle cable is frayed where it goes into the throttle housing, and it wouldn't pull back hard enough to let the slide close all the way.

So, now the bike is sitting in the garage, all apart AGAIN, and I am looking for a throttle cable.

I think I am just going to order one online and now try screwing around with the local "dealer" because they are no help at all.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #99

Glad for the good result.

You either have a sticking slide/throttle cable or an airleak. Pretty much has to be one or the other.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #100

Bummer about the frayed throttle cable housing. :( Maybe you can find a matching Motion Pro cable that will do the trick. With measurements and pics, perhaps an email to them would answer the question.

If you're successful, please post the part number here.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #101

Good news on the carb. Wonder how the kids knock off mikuni will work on his X35.

For the cable try the higher end mountain bike shops, you may find one that makes custom cables.

You could always find a longer cable than what you need to and do the small end on your own.

I usually cut the cable to length then wrap the end with a wrap of some thin wire. I then use some flux and solder on the end. If need be you can sand the nub for lack of a better word so it fits well into the slide.

Stay away from them.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloos
I usually cut the cable to length then wrap the end with a wrap of some thin wire. I then use some flux and solder on the end. If need be you can sand the nub for lack of a better word so it fits well into the slide.
Jaloos, I've never tried that. How do you form the nub while the solder is hot? Have you ever tried some type of form?

I've heard of making a new lever end with JB Weld and a drinking straw as a form, but I don't know how well it lasts.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloos
Jaloos, I've never tried that. How do you form the nub while the solder is hot? Have you ever tried some type of form?

I've heard of making a new lever end with JB Weld and a drinking straw as a form, but I don't know how well it lasts.
The wrap around the end is big enough, to stop it slipping through the slide. The solder just holds it there. The sanding is in case it winds up being a little too big. I use some of that really thin stainless wire that is used to tie the paper shipping/lableing tags to things.

Fool around with some old cables you will figure it out fast enough.

Stay away from them.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #104

Well, another update.

I picked a fight with a Yamaha Grizzly 700 EFI. From a dead stop, he will pull 5 feet away and stay there. He's 4x4 and I am not. But if we start from a rolling start....I can gain 5 feet on him and keep it.

The Gio is working REAL good now!!

But, the bad news. The cam tensioner that broke on me when I did the engine work, came back to haunt me on my first real trip out. We went for about 1/2 an hour and stopped. I shut the bike down, got off for a walk and a rest. I got back on and kicked it over, INSTANT knocking!!

It ran, idled but it knocked like a you know what.

I turned around and headed back to the house. I knew what had happened. Sure enough, I took the two bolts out og the cam cover, and pulled it off. Chain was slack as it could get.

I removed the starter, then the cam tensioner and done a little redneck repair to it and put it back on the bike. It's running now, but I don't want to take it far now...it might screw up again. So not I need to find either a factory Zongshen cam tensioner OR modify the one I have to make it a manual adjustment style. Jus tth matter of drilling it out, tapping it and using a bolt and nut to jam it when it's tight on the follower.

OH, and I just ordered a 90/100 16 Kenda Millville Intermediate rear tire for her....it should go where I point it now.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #105

OH! I might also make a "block off plate" for my starter. I don't like the electric start, but I don't want to completely remove it from the bike 100% in case I sell it.

I will remove the trigger wire to the solenoid, tuck the starter power wire away and have a block off plate made...save a pound or so too lol.