Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #106

Nice photography and some really nice neighborhoods. Looks like a great place for the street side of our little 200cc dualsports.

The closest city to me is Spokane, about 125 miles to the north. Portland and Seattle are both 200 miles away.

Walla Walla, a small college town 60 miles east of here has a similar look, but only for a few blocks.

I sure am country out here, thats for sure.

The area where I live, the Tri-Cities (Kennewick, Richland, Pasco) have about 200,000 people but there is no real cohesive, planned downtown area per se.

I miss that.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #107

Thank you for posting the beautiful photos, Oengus.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #108

That Campus is evolving…its fascinating to me because they are doing such a nice job creating people friendly spaces. It could be that the University has a college of Urban Planning it may help with that, they makes spaces that make you want to hang around. That section is just one they also have another side that is going into construction soon. That will be very big and they will be removing parking lots add housing and retail spaces, they will offset the parking with multilevel garages.

This is all part of the Euclid corridor, downtown, midtown and uptown, talking about cohesive, that area if fully developed is fairly large.

See map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...2,0.31929&z=12

Part of state route 322.…It is about 4 miles from Downtown to Uptown.

The University is just west of the Innerbelt Freeway, it is trenched through the campus. That whole section of freeway is getting redesigned. The bridge that crosses the river replaced and all the ramps an the surrounding areas getting redone. Its a $200M bridge the whole project will be in the billions, that’s federal stimulus dollars. The bridge got the fast track for that money, its beginning already, crazy and called a build design process, as in all at once.

In the city they are redeveloping the exiting convention center $500M

It slowly transitioning from a manufacturing city to a service city….healthcare and education. Then they are also developing arts and entertainment. The goal is 30,000 living in the urban center, they I believe have about 10,000 people currently living downtown. They have numerous housing development plans, from converted older buildings to new condominiums. Any new construction in the city that is owner occupied is property tax abated for 15 years and gets a 1% interest rate discount on the mortgage.

Since the bubble popped it all slowed and nearly stopped, it is now moving again.

http://www.uptowncleveland.com/

This project is really fascinating and will really bring some people right into the circle to live. It is huge and incorporate a train station retail housing and a museum and all in an area saturated with culture.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #109

I earlier posted pictures of an area called Cedar and Fairmount, Cedar begins at East 21st street downtown near the CSU campus, about a block south of it. That street then runs east to Gates Mills and the Chagrin River Road.

So the earlier pictures were at Cedar and Fairmount, traveling east from there you hit Cedar and Lee and then University Square which is at Cedar and Warrensville Center Road. These pictures are of the next area….I did not post any pictures of the other two areas only Cedar and Fairmount.

This is Cedar and Richmond,

Cedar is less then 15 miles in length, the part before it hits the bluff and rises into the Heights is very blighted. That length is about 3 miles and some things are going in that area, most of that is on the south side of the CCF campus. The Cleveland Clinic is expanding and it now is reaching that area and clearing and building there.

I usually go someplace were I can get a cup of coffee or a burger and a beer usually a Great Lakes Dortmunder, that’s my favorite beer.
http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/

Old 10-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #110

Before Richmond is Green Road it is north south road just like Richmond.

Green Road and Harvard Road, there is the highest point in the county called the Chagrin Highlands.

That the Eastern Campus of Tri-C and also a University Hospital facility that was just built. The Marriott and the shopping center is few years old...its a nice area very green.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #111

Spring is in the air…I have one of these in the garage.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #112

Hi Oengus, it's been awhile.

What is that? A RE?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #113

No idea what that is but its cool! 8)

Old 04-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #114

It’s a Moto Guzzi, it is a 1959 GT235
Gran Turismo Ladola…not mine a friend bought it and is storing it at my place.

It is going in for some work….I fixed the brake cable and that’s about all I can do for him other then store it and ride it :wink: runs good but is leaking oil. It has huge oil reserve 2 liters or something like that twice as much as a typical engine.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #115

That is a big unit motor, but does it also have a separate oil reservoir?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #116

That’s also not the actual bike…the actual bike has a single seat? No passenger part, guess you would say.
It is red though and identical to the bike in the picture.

I was asked to research it for him…go figure? I found him some resources and good mechanic….I will also transport it for him.

For ridding privileges….

I will have some photos of it this summer he and I are both anxious to take it out and about around town….The little bike will have a photo shoot in the Chagrin River Valley this summer for sure.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
That is a big unit motor, but does it also have a separate oil reservoir?
Yeah it does I think...I will have more info on it when it goes in to a shop.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #118

Evidently the bike was the last bike model designed by Carlos Guzzi before he died it is a 235cc OHV single, the bike also came with a 175cc OHC.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
That’s also not the actual bike…the actual bike has a single seat? No passenger part, guess you would say.
It is red though and identical to the bike in the picture.

I was asked to research it for him…go figure? I found him some resources and good mechanic….I will also transport it for him.

For ridding privileges….

I will have some photos of it this summer he and I are both anxious to take it out and about around town….The little bike will have a photo shoot in the Chagrin River Valley this summer for sure.
That's a beautiful bike, Oengus. If you have time, please start a separate thread for this bike in our Other Stuff forum. We eagerly await you photos, and other information you have gleaned regarding this beautiful, classic motorcycle!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #120

I may Spud, but the bike is a companion for the XP adventures and will likely show up in this thread, this is just to introduce it.

I sort of wish that this site supported <A HREF="http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/2514-How-to-Embed-Photos-and-Slideshows-from-Picasa-Flickr-and-Photobucket
">Bb code for photo bucket slide shows</A>…it would then allow a single set of photos in compact form rather then endless streams.

It is too bad this site does not support video streaming or slide shows, even creating a hyper link or an image requires the use of some html.