Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
If that means the operator, you might be right.

BINGO you win a xtra large double double .....we'll buy

Old 02-21-2011, 06:11 AM   #122

I worked on the exhaust a bit more sunday mainly making a clamp and sizing the pipe for a tighter fit, no picture sorry. (no big deal)

I did take a picture of the hideous wiring mounts I made,....I dont know why I took the picture but here it is.

I like the nuts welded where things get mounted it just makes it easier to work on later.
(I try to limit the amount of loose nuts I have to deal with )

I still have to make a mount for the ignition switch and wire in the headlight, taillight, nuetral indicator light and high beam indicator light as well as the clutch switch.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #123

Sounds like it's coming a long

Old 02-21-2011, 11:11 PM   #124

I say abandon this project now. That engine belongs in your new mini bike.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-22-2011, 05:54 AM   #125

That engine is bigger than that minibike besides I have a 250cc polaris with CVT that I want to stuff in the minibike.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #126

Ok some fresh pictures.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #127

Hers a vid of me getting a little crazy in the yard.
Its running pretty good but I did have to put a 107.5 main jet in it and I may still have to fine tune some more.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #128

Hey that looks great! Congratulations on your project!

Old 04-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #129

looks very good awesome job..

i wonder what the blaster frame weighed compared to the china frame.. it seems it might be a good bit lighter cuz my 200cc quad with mods and a rejet cant ride a first gear wheelie that good with out some serious yanking up and mashing the throttle at the right time..

Old 04-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #130

Thanks for the kind words guys I am very happy with it so far.

So far it seems to be working well but I wont call it done until I get several trouble free hours on it.
It does have a lot of nit picky things that I have to do to it and I plan to paint the frame red this fall if its still running and in one piece.

It will pull the front end somewhat easily but I think the weight bias has a lot more to do with it than people think.

My wifes raptor 350 is almost impossible to get the front end up on which is what I wanted for her.
My 300ex is a wheelie machine and will pull the front end up with ease which is what I like when having to climb over a fallen tree.

The blastard is in the middle of those two.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #131

oh believe me buddy i more then understand just how much the power to weight ratio means.. thats how a turbo'd 4banger honda can run with a cobra. the honda only needs about 350-375whp or a little less to run with a 500hp cobra due to the cobra being some where in the 4000-4500pd range and the honda 2000-2500pds..

if you remove 4lbs off the rotational mass of a cars flywheel, it has the same effect as removing 100pds off the body of the car in terms of acceleration..

Old 04-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #132

That looks store bought! I'd be worried about busting spindles on my China quad riding on both right wheels like that.

There's horsepower hiding in that muffler.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #133

I wasnt talking about the power to weight ratio's I was talking about the weight bias/weight distribution having an effect on on how easy or hard it is to pull a wheelie.

At some point when you have gobbs of horse power it will just easily overcome the weight but on a little 200cc atv with modest HP its more of a matter of where the weight is on the ATV overall.If I had put that engine farther forward it would take a lot more to pull the front end up.
I jammed the engine as far back as it could go for chain reasons more than weight distribution.

Weldandgrind It does have a bent left spindle already (I have another) but I have no worries with that frame although they will break.
There is all the work I did to it to worry about but overall I can beat it hard and it will come back for more.
That exhaust is more open than I thought and I will most likely have to rejet it again.
I'm sure your ATV would hold up just fine.
7" of suspension travel is nice and I hope I can use it all soon, I cant hardly wait to get it up to the trails..

Riding it on two side wheels like that is easy and fun I love how easy the blasters are to ride.

I have to do some serious work on the rear brakes because they are almost unnoticable.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #134

OMG
I just came in from checking the intake manifold I made for leaks and............its a leaker.....well was a leaker, I got a lot of them welded up but I still have to clean/grind on it and recheck.

I took it off the quad because I ran it and noticed a backfire and seen a small jet of fuel shooting out of the manifold side when it backfired. :roll:

I removed it and made a couple of block off plates for the ends and one has a air hose fitting that I was putting about 15-20psi into then checking with some leak detection solution you can buy most anywhere.

It still has a few very very small leaks that I'll take care of sunday.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:12 PM   #135

Maybe you could tap the intake tube for pipe thread, which would allow you to install a small barb. The benefit is that you could connect a vacuum gauge to confirm that there are no leaks, and you could use it for tuning. As I understand it, the air / fuel screw will be at the correct point (at idle) when the vacuum signal is the highest.

BTW, if there is a vacuum leak, the gauge will bounce.