Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2016, 08:03 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
The clutch actuating LEVER is on the right side of the engine. I'm not talking about the handlebar lever here, this is the lever that the clutch cable pulls on to dis-engage the clutch. Traditionally, the right side of the engine is called the timing side, and the left side is called the drive side. The drive comes from the crankshaft on the drive, or left side. Then comes either a chain drive from the engine to the clutch, or a train of gears. The Hawk uses gears. so, while it is not impossible to drive the clutch if it was on the right, or timing side, I've never heard of it being done this way. I would like to see a photograph of a right hand mounted clutch on a Hawk. Then I will cheerfully admit I'm wrong ~ But I don't think so!

I know that is how it used to be, my old kawasaki f11 was set up that way, but the hondoid clones have the stator on the left, clutch on the right...here is a similar chinese motor in a quad...

I can also verify the pushrod engines are clutch on the right side, as my cg200 in my shinray/roketa db07a (similar to the OP's db07k,) came to me needing a full rebuild and i replaced the clutch disks whilst i had it apart.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:50 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I don't have a pic,but the wet clutch is inside the right engine cover, and the flywheel with stator is under the left cover on the chain side.The over run clutch for the starter drive is on the chain side,just above and forward of the output shaft.

OK, I'm cheerfully admitting that I was wrong. I've learned something new today, for which I'm grateful. Always good to learn something, right?

Old 10-03-2016, 12:47 PM   #123

Quote:
OK, I'm cheerfully admitting that I was wrong. I've learned something new today, for which I'm grateful. Always good to learn something, right?

Almost all of the Japanese engines are set up this way, from at least the 70's on.All of mine have been, and my current line up is.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:34 AM   #124

Question Chain / sprockets?

Hi time for me to get a new chain / sprocket. Iam not sure but I think my chain is a 428 so Iam thinking about getting this chain: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...iglink28144-20

I would like to get a little more top end speed so Iam thinking about this sprocket: https://www.amazon.com/JT-Sprockets-...eywords=JTR+45

Does anyone know if this is the right stuff to buy for this bike? Thanks

Old 11-18-2016, 11:24 AM   #125

It is a 428 chain and I really like both Unibear chains I've installed on my rolling stock, so in my book, that's a fine choice.
I'm not sure if the 269 sprocket will fit or not. It "should" if it's like other Hondoids. What's the measurement on your current bolt pattern and center hole?
The 45 tooth will give it longer legs, for sure.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-18-2016, 11:39 AM   #126

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
It is a 428 chain and I really like both Unibear chains I've installed on my rolling stock, so in my book, that's a fine choice.
I'm not sure if the 269 sprocket will fit or not. It "should" if it's like other Hondoids. What's the measurement on your current bolt pattern and center hole?
The 45 tooth will give it longer legs, for sure.
The middle hole is 58mm and the distance between bolt holes is 90mm. So if its a 428 chain that sprocket should be the one. Thanks for the info.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Hi time for me to get a new chain / sprocket. Iam not sure but I think my chain is a 428 so Iam thinking about getting this chain: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...iglink28144-20

I would like to get a little more top end speed so Iam thinking about this sprocket: https://www.amazon.com/JT-Sprockets-...eywords=JTR+45

Does anyone know if this is the right stuff to buy for this bike? Thanks
Everybody who has bought Uni-Bear Chain has liked it. One of it's good points is that the rivets are punched on all four corners. Another good point is that the chain is pre-stretched, or, in other words, broken in when you get it. It is a high quality chain.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:31 PM   #128

Ok received my new muffler and Iam wondering if it needs some HI temp sealant where everything slides together. If a sealant is needed would red Hi Temp silicon do it? If that wouldn't work what if anything is used to seal a new after market muffler? Here is a link to the muffler:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221555811730...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 11-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #129

Quote:
Ok received my new muffler and Iam wondering if it needs some HI temp sealant where everything slides together. If a sealant is needed would red Hi Temp silicon do it? If that wouldn't work what if anything is used to seal a new after market muffler? Here is a link to the muffler:
I have Permatex Ultra Copper but anything like that should work.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:22 PM   #130

The fun never ends. Got my Mikuni VM26 carb and a jet kit but the jet kit ended up being a wings kit that does not fit a VM26. Where can I buy a jet kit for my carb with out breaking the bank?

Old 11-20-2016, 07:06 PM   #131

Quote:
The fun never ends. Got my Mikuni VM26 carb and a jet kit but the jet kit ended up being a wings kit that does not fit a VM26. Where can I buy a jet kit for my carb with out breaking the bank?
https://jetsrus.com/carburetor/carb_...iew_parts.html

I ordered mine from Power Barn because they were a little cheaper. You must have missed that thread when I said the Wings jets wouldn't fit in the Mikuni card but they fit in the stock PZ30 carb that comes on the hawk.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:34 PM   #132

Quote:
That's a very nice muffler and exhaust pipe. One of the things I would do is to get a Honda 230 exhaust o-ring. It is made of copper, far superior to the asbestos clothe that comes on the Hawk. There are several videos on youtube showing how different guys installed this exhaust system.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:52 PM   #133

Quote:
That's a very nice muffler and exhaust pipe. One of the things I would do is to get a Honda 230 exhaust o-ring. It is made of copper, far superior to the asbestos clothe that comes on the Hawk. There are several videos on youtube showing how different guys installed this exhaust system.
I already have that gasket. I found out about it here. Thanks for making sure. Ive looked at those videos and they seem to install all the joints dry? Ive ordered a tube of the ultra copper silicon that I found out about here. Thanks for the input.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:56 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
https://jetsrus.com/carburetor/carb_...iew_parts.html

I ordered mine from Power Barn because they were a little cheaper. You must have missed that thread when I said the Wings jets wouldn't fit in the Mikuni card but they fit in the stock PZ30 carb that comes on the hawk.
No I saw that thread but when I bought these I didnt see anywhere in the ad that these jets where wings. Do you have a link for where you bought yours? Thanks for your reply.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:57 PM   #135

Merlin,
Since you have those jets, just rejet the carb that's on the bike now. Or is the carb on your bike not the same as the PZ that is on the Hawk? Just a thought. And hey, make sure you post up some pics of your upgrades. ME'Z likes some piktars