Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2022, 07:49 PM   #121

I looked closely at the guage cluster btw, and next the battery there is a fuel icon. It, by default, displays battery voltage, but have yal figured out how to change it to display to fuel level? Seems to me that I can display that, I just don't know how to function this cluster lol.

Old 04-21-2022, 09:12 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
I looked closely at the guage cluster btw, and next the battery there is a fuel icon. It, by default, displays battery voltage, but have yal figured out how to change it to display to fuel level? Seems to me that I can display that, I just don't know how to function this cluster lol.
Have you tried setting it to Wumbo? Jokes aside even the stock photo shows the gauge as battery voltage.

Old 04-21-2022, 09:37 PM   #123

Well my Speedo is just straight up broken.
It reads miles, RPM, and battery status, shows gear and light indicator, but will not read speed.
When I try to program it it is stuck in mode 3, and no type or number of button presses sets anything other than the preset tire sizes.
However, after an oil change this thing runs muuuuuuuuch smoother/quieter.
Really need an oil cooler though.

Old 04-22-2022, 03:45 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSwagnon View Post
Have you tried setting it to Wumbo? Jokes aside even the stock photo shows the gauge as battery voltage.
I did state that it does show a fuel icon inside the cluster... With the correct light shined on it, you can see it, and i'm sure it wouldn't show that if it wasn't displayable. Lots of clusters function widely different and this one literally has just one button so it's a matter of trying to figure it out.

Old 04-22-2022, 07:00 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
I did state that it does show a fuel icon inside the cluster... With the correct light shined on it, you can see it, and i'm sure it wouldn't show that if it wasn't displayable. Lots of clusters function widely different and this one literally has just one button so it's a matter of trying to figure it out.
The Fuel gauge would require a sensor in the tank, which this bike doesn't have.

I'm sure this cluster is used on multiple motorcycle/scooter, and the fuel gauge is probably on one with fuel injection, as they don't have a petcock, so no reserve, which make a fuel gauge needed
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 04-22-2022, 07:03 AM   #126

I've talked with my buddy at the DMV, and they implemented some new laws this year, and I can't license it with the "Offroad Motorcycle" on the Certificate of Origin......but they can be licensed in Tennessee (45 minutes from me) and once they are titled, can be licensed here.....so I'll see what I can do.
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 04-23-2022, 05:28 AM   #127

Anyone know the bolt pattern for the turn signal base?
My rears are bolted in properly, my fronts just fell out because they had no retaining nuts lol.

Old 04-24-2022, 10:58 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
Carbonator haha Carburetor I'm having to relearn English from all this China talk.. I should have added the suspension is great. It is made by KKE it has a full range of adjustment from compression, rebound adjustment, preload and the shock absorber adjustment. Each have 12 to 18 settings. I'm set in the middle on all settings will be fine tuning soon...
How’s that going for you?
I just started tuning mine. Same as you I set all my adjustments to “middle” and started playing with it. Got my front and rear sag measurements and it looks like I need to add some preload-I’m at 152mm rider sag and 50mm free sag.
I’m curious to see how the adjustments go and if they are linear, because if they are getting to 100mm rider sag will leave me with 0 free, which means I need a stiffer spring (I think). That wouldn’t surprise me as I’m about 230lbs.

Theres no preload adjustment on the forks though is there? Just compression and rebound?

Old 04-25-2022, 08:08 PM   #129

Man suspension adjustment can drive someone mad and start rediculious forum feuds... I go off a lot of feel so I've adjusted mine to we're I'm satisfied. I to have set my weight at 230lbs. I have 95mm rider sag and 0 free sag. And 1 inch of rear preload travel. The bike already has a 350lb spring. I believe theres an exception to the rule depending on your type of riding. I'm trail riding very tight turns with backpack, equipment.
Even working on a chainsaw mount up front..

I understand the exception to this rule is when you have a really heavy guy with a big spring on a light bike. The big heavy spring will push the light bike up too easily under its own weight and can give misleading information. In this instance, its best to measure how much preload is on the spring once the sag has been set. If it falls within your normal preload working range, then you have a suitable spring. If you have too little or too much preload, then you will need to change the spring.

For all other tuning I'm still set in the middle I adjusted my front compression to 9 clicks is all..

Old 04-25-2022, 10:39 PM   #130

I just finished playing with mine. It’s better now at about 20mm free sag.
Middle on my adjustments is a bit rough going over washboard sections of road, but it feels like it’s soft enough that I’m not getting as good of control of the bike as I could. Especially going through gravel the bike really just kinda does its own thing. I’ve ridden it at full soft (as it came from the seller) and now halfway, I guess I’ll try full hard and see how that goes.

Driving this thing around where I am (mostly trails/gravel roads) it really feels like it could use some taller gears. I’m still well within the break in period though-somewhere between 50 and 100 miles.
I contacted the seller via Amazon about my Speedo and they replied immediately with a few troubleshooting questions. They seem eager to get it fixed but time will tell.

One thing that keeps surprising me though is that this bike doesn’t feel cheap, at all. The more I ride it the more solid it seems. Time will tell but its still impressing me.

Old 04-26-2022, 07:59 AM   #131

What size is the chain? Is it a 428?
And does it feel like you are getting 20 hp out of it?
Claim is 19hp and a 520 chain on the powersportsmax website.

If the sprockets really are 13T front, 49T rear, the final drive ratio is geared way down !
That's 0.2653

That's even lower than OEM Hawk gearing!

My Storm came with 17/46 (0.3696)
Expect 15/46 (0.3261)
Hawk 15/50 (0.300)

Old 04-26-2022, 08:19 AM   #132

stealth plated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
I've talked with my buddy at the DMV, and they implemented some new laws this year, and I can't license it with the "Offroad Motorcycle" on the Certificate of Origin......but they can be licensed in Tennessee (45 minutes from me) and once they are titled, can be licensed here.....so I'll see what I can do.
Fortunately, these bikes are obscure and unknown so you can loan your plate from your Hawk or Expect and no one will have a clue! Hey, it has turn signals, a battery, ... Everything needed to be street legal except a certificate of origin that says "dirtbike" !

Old 04-26-2022, 12:24 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Well my Speedo is just straight up broken.
It reads miles, RPM, and battery status, shows gear and light indicator, but will not read speed.
When I try to program it it is stuck in mode 3, and no type or number of button presses sets anything other than the preset tire sizes.
However, after an oil change this thing runs muuuuuuuuch smoother/quieter.
Really need an oil cooler though.
I am starting to think more seriously about this bike. I REALLY want a GPX TSE 250R, but they are over $5000 now. It looks this Templar can still be had for under $2k, delivered. Maybe it doesn't make over 35hp like the TSE250, but It has lots of upgrades.

Old 04-26-2022, 01:28 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
Mine got dropped off at my work Monday, I started putting it together after work, but had to go pick up one of my Grand babies, so finished it yesterday,
Brakes need to be bled, and took my a few to realize, I had to hold the front brake to make it crank with the button......I'll have to by-pass that feature....
Started right up once I put gas in it, rode it around the house, but still need to replace the oil, before I really test it out....taking my AJP PR4 out to the trails Saturday, but hope to get some time to go over all the bolts and change the oil soon...Also, the front wheel was missing one outer bearing seal...but as you can see from the pic of it being off loaded, the wheel was exposed, so probably fell out when the box got damaged..but overall, I'm very impressed with it, a lot of bike for the money for sure.
Nice looking bike. I am curious about something, though. In the second picture off post #96, what is located just below the tank between the frame and forks? It looks like a radiator or cooler.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 04-26-2022, 02:34 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
Nice looking bike. I am curious about something, though. In the second picture off post #96, what is located just below the tank between the frame and forks? It looks like a radiator or cooler.
That is just fins to make it look like a radiator......but a good place to mount an oil cooler..

And it is a 520 Chain (or looks to be), I still haven't had mine out of the Subdivision to see how the gearing is, but should be easy enough to change that to what ever one wants out of the bike.
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member