Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2015, 11:41 PM   #2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
The Thinker, think no more. They are out in the Los Angeles harbor as we speak (unless the Coast Guard gets to them first) )))))) The company importing them California Scooter Company is in Asuza, CA right up from Diego. Go see them and they will let you ride one of the ones they have there now. We all are waiting for the ship to dock and get them cleared thru customs, rj
Thank you for the valuable information. Just reading this made me get a "child on Christmas eve" feeling of excitement and anticipation

I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend

Old 04-02-2015, 12:21 AM   #2642

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs91882 View Post
I have a few questions. Hopefully you guys can help me. So I am thinking I'm going to take the plunge and buy one of these great bikes. I live in Ny and am just curious how the warranty would work? Is there places that would service it or is it only in California?? Also do you guys pay cash or finance them?? If I bought it would it be able to be shipped assembled?? Just trying to get all the information I can before taking the plunge. Thanks.
Contact CSC via the phone number listed at the following link.

http://californiascooterco.com/

The good people at CSC will give you the complete, accurate information for all your questions.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-02-2015, 12:24 AM   #2643

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thinker View Post
Thank you for the valuable information. Just reading this made me get a "child on Christmas eve" feeling of excitement and anticipation

I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend
If you visit CSC and ride one of the bikes, please do post an update with us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-02-2015, 01:24 AM   #2644

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
If you visit CSC and ride one of the bikes, please do post an update with us.
Even better, I plan to go there this weekend with my cam and get a full overview of the bike. Of course I will also record while I ride it and do a mini review in the time they give me. I can focus on anything you guys want, just tell me what to look for

Old 04-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #2645

Quote:
Even better, I plan to go there this weekend with my cam and get a full overview of the bike. Of course I will also record while I ride it and do a mini review in the time they give me. I can focus on anything you guys want, just tell me what to look for
Just focus on what you can touch, hear and see. That'll do.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-02-2015, 12:23 PM   #2646

Quote:
TT:

Joe from CSC here. We are not open on the weekends (at some point we will be, but not yet). We'd love to have you visit and see the bike. If you want to ride it, I or someone else will ride with you. We ask that you call first to schedule a time to do this to make sure someone is here to go out with you. You can give us a call at 909 445 0900.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:17 PM   #2647

Pay attention to the throttle response. Many bikes these days are tuned too lean to satisfy the EPA mandates and that makes the bikes runny crappy. Some sporty bikes have aftermarket chips and other parts available and are easily retuned while running on a dyno. Harley does this at the dealership for $$$$ and $$$$, and then requires $$$$ to do what the factory should have done in the first place. Some fixes are as simple as soldering a resistor in a sensor wire to make the computer think the bike is running a tad leaner than it really is, which is a $2 fix. If this is going to be a problem I'd like to get started on a solution to getting the Federaling gooberment out of my bike.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post
TT:

Joe from CSC here. We are not open on the weekends (at some point we will be, but not yet). We'd love to have you visit and see the bike. If you want to ride it, I or someone else will ride with you. We ask that you call first to schedule a time to do this to make sure someone is here to go out with you. You can give us a call at 909 445 0900.
Thank you for letting me know. Next week is spring break so I will see whats going on and give you a call asap. Will you guys be having any kind of promotional sale on the new bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldqwerty View Post
Pay attention to the throttle response. Many bikes these days are tuned too lean to satisfy the EPA mandates and that makes the bikes runny crappy. Some sporty bikes have aftermarket chips and other parts available and are easily retuned while running on a dyno. Harley does this at the dealership for $$$$ and $$$$, and then requires $$$$ to do what the factory should have done in the first place. Some fixes are as simple as soldering a resistor in a sensor wire to make the computer think the bike is running a tad leaner than it really is, which is a $2 fix. If this is going to be a problem I'd like to get started on a solution to getting the Federaling gooberment out of my bike.
I was just thinking of this last night. I am sure the bikes are at least somewhat under performing especially since they are CA approved and CA EPA laws always screw up our bikes in stock config. Hopefully it will be an easy fix though.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:19 PM   #2649

Quote:
Thank you for letting me know. Next week is spring break so I will see whats going on and give you a call asap. Will you guys be having any kind of promotional sale on the new bikes

I was just thinking of this last night. I am sure the bikes are at least somewhat under performing especially since they are CA approved and CA EPA laws always screw up our bikes in stock config. Hopefully it will be an easy fix though.
There are no promotional sales planned and the first shipment is nearly sold out.

Regarding any hypothesized performance or throttle response issues, I think the folks who are forming opinions in advance of actually riding the motorcycle are going to be pleasantly surprised.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:26 PM   #2650

Quote:
Regarding any hypothesized performance or throttle response issues, I think the folks who are forming opinions in advance of actually riding the motorcycle are going to be pleasantly surprised.
That's always good to hear, I can't wait to experience it for myself! These bikes are going to sell like hotcakes for quite a while

Old 04-03-2015, 12:13 AM   #2651

Quote:
That's always good to hear, I can't wait to experience it for myself! These bikes are going to sell like hotcakes for quite a while
Hmmmmmm....

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=13980

Old 04-03-2015, 01:47 AM   #2652

Quote:
great minds phrase alike I suppose

I was just on the Tubes and saw this video:

At 2:10ish they rev the bike... That is definitely going to need a less restrictive exhaust in my opinion. It almost sounds and looks more restrictive than the one on my 200cc bike.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:38 AM   #2653

Quote:
great minds phrase alike I suppose

I was just on the Tubes and saw this video:

At 2:10ish they rev the bike... That is definitely going to need a less restrictive exhaust in my opinion. It almost sounds and looks more restrictive than the one on my 200cc bike.

The revving bit in the video really doesn't do the bike any justice.

The bike sounds perhaps a little like the video when cruising with a level throttle, but when you open her up she breathes deep and cracks in to life with a much deeper louder exhaust note that will put a smile on your face.

The bike doesn't give me the impression of being particularly restricted.

The balance of power, handling, Braking, MPG and hopefully engine life for me is about right.

My advice (often dubious) for anyone would be to forget the whole "MORE POWER" thing ,

just get out there and RIDE

Old 04-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #2654

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
The balance of power, handling, Braking, MPG and hopefully engine life for me is about right.

My advice (often dubious) for anyone would be to forget the whole "MORE POWER" thing ,

just get out there and RIDE
Very wise statements. Enjoy the bike for what it is.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #2655

Availability

CSCDude, what colors are arriving that aren't spoken for already? If I decide to buy, how long can I leave it at your shop in its crate, (i'm out of the country until August).
Thanks.