Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2024, 02:35 PM   #1

Help w/ my kids Xpro 12 please

So I got my 8 year old kid his first bike for this past Christmas and it's been a flawless bike.... starts every single time, hasn't left him with so much as even a flat tire.... UNTIL, my 17 year old decided to "borrow without permission" because his friends were going riding and he didn't feel like bolting his quad wheels on so he could ride his new tires, so what happens???! Exactly, we get a call he's at his grandparents "stuck" because he broke the kickstand. Keep in mind I didn't even know he had taken it, he knew he wasn't allowed to, etc. Anyways, he knocked/lost the spring off the kickstand, no big deal. I leave it at my parents, order a spring, go back and pick it up the other day. Bike won't start. Went over the bike, found a loose battery bolt, tightened it and trickle charged it overnight. Battery reads 100% charged. Still won't start. Start looking over the bike again, now I notice the brake switches have no wires to them. I can't recall if they did previously to be honest, BUT, the bike did require brakes to start as it's an automatic bike. Both brake levers have switches and both have absolutely no wiring connected, nor can I find any showing disconnection anywhere either.... but my mind cant get past the fact that these are the culprit somehow. I've taken the plastics & tank off, cut the zip ties holding the wiring harness tight to the frame and I don't see anything missing or torn. If there was never any wiring to either of these switches why did we need to pull the brakes in to start before?! Theres gotta be something im missing here. I can jump the solenoid and it tries to start. I have checked, undone, and plugged in the red Deadmans kill switch 30 times. Doesn't seem to be an issue here either. I just need someone to confirm or deny these brake switches missing wires. I am stuck on it and logically can't get past it until I know for certain one way or the other. Please & thank you. I greatly appreciate it all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240424_135715.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	31334   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240424_135721.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	31335   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240424_135704.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	31336  

Last edited by RobbieGreene508; 04-24-2024 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Spell check blows

Old 04-24-2024, 05:48 PM   #2

You have way more problems than a dead bike but this is an easy one to fix.

You take the 17 year old down to the line of fast food joints along the busy road. You kick him out of the car and tell him not to come home without a job, he's buying his brother a new bike!

Second alternate plan. Take him down to the military recruiters office and stand him in front of the Marine desk. They are giving a sign up bonus that will cover the cost of a new bike.

Old 04-26-2024, 02:08 PM   #3

It does seem likely that whatever happened that caused the kick stand spring to disappear probably damaged something else on the bike.
1976 Yamaha DT175
1974 Honda MT125

Old 04-26-2024, 02:14 PM   #4

That said, when reviewing the Xpro 12 assembly video here I'm not seeing any wires connected to those switches:
1976 Yamaha DT175
1974 Honda MT125

Old 04-26-2024, 02:17 PM   #5

Is there a kickstand-down no-start switch that got torn off the bike when the spring went somewhere?
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 04-26-2024, 04:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Is there a kickstand-down no-start switch that got torn off the bike when the spring went somewhere?
I was thinking the same. Ask the 8 year old if it would start when the kickstand was down. My guess is it would not. Look for an ignition lockout swith, or wire(s) that would have been connected to them where the kickstand is mounted, up by the pivot/mount.

If it was/is there, that switch acts EXACTLY like the kill switch when the kickstand is down. The switch has a sprung button that needs to be "pushed". Then it will start. Chances are it is STILL there, or the bike would probably start!