Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2017, 10:18 PM   #1

Csc rxr

I see on the CSC blog as well as cscman150 having a video on YouTube that CSC has introduced a striped down version of the RX3 called the RXR. From what I can tell its got no crash bars, luggage , or strangely passenger foot pegs. Its also sporting IMHO a very attractive smoked windscreen. $400.00 cheaper than the fully kitted bike.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:17 AM   #2

Pretty cool. No funny striping either. Bare bones RX3.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-29-2017, 08:31 PM   #3

Here is a press release and pic of the RXR. Its better lookin than I expected.
http://blog.motorcycle.com/2017/05/1...xr-model-3495/

Last edited by wheelbender6; 05-29-2017 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Forgot to add links

Old 06-30-2017, 08:02 PM   #4

First review of CSC's RXR 250

I purchased a RXR 250 and have been breaking it in according to the suggested limits on Rpms, brake use, fuel and top cylinder lubricant. I put another 80 miles on it today.
In the past I have read and heard about the poor quality brakes on the RX-3 and how you can't get the rear tire to skid, even when pressing extra hard on the rear brake, and no matter how hard you squeeze the front brake lever the bike doesn't want to stop. Well I used my past method of seasoning the front and rear brake pads and find my brakes can lock the rear wheel and the front is so strong I can use it alone to stop my bike.
So the complaints about the RX-3 poor brakes must be due to improper break in, or my RXR's lighter weight compared to the RX-3, (at least 50 pounds lighter) so the brake shoes or discs may be inadequate for the heavier RX-3.
Maybe the poor brakers may have glazed their pads or warped the discs.
Anyway, the brakes are as good as a lot of my past and present bikes.
I'll post more as I progress.

Old 07-01-2017, 12:02 AM   #5

I've found my stock RX brakes to be more than adequate....however should I upgrade I will follow the excellent advice posted on this board.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-01-2017, 11:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I purchased a RXR 250 and have been breaking it in according to the suggested limits on Rpms, brake use, fuel and top cylinder lubricant. I put another 80 miles on it today.
In the past I have read and heard about the poor quality brakes on the RX-3 and how you can't get the rear tire to skid, even when pressing extra hard on the rear brake, and no matter how hard you squeeze the front brake lever the bike doesn't want to stop. Well I used my past method of seasoning the front and rear brake pads and find my brakes can lock the rear wheel and the front is so strong I can use it alone to stop my bike.
So the complaints about the RX-3 poor brakes must be due to improper break in, or my RXR's lighter weight compared to the RX-3, (at least 50 pounds lighter) so the brake shoes or discs may be inadequate for the heavier RX-3.
I'm glad you are enjoying your RXR.

The rear brake of the RX3 is plenty strong; it locks the rear wheel easily. The front brake is also strong, but the brake rotors are bad, and will pulse the front brake after a few thousand miles.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Pictures ? We havent seen one yet, youll be the first.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-01-2017, 12:29 PM   #8

Oh No It's my wife's bike!!!!

Spud,
Glad to know that the brakes on the RX3/RXR are not inherently under spec'd.
Actually the RXR was purchased for my wife. She's letting me ride it to do the break-in routine. After everything is stabilized and adjusted properly, she'll take the bike over!
It really doesn't fit me too well. I'm kinda of crowded in the seat to bar distance and the seat to pegs distance. But other than that I'm enjoying the bike.

Old 07-01-2017, 12:34 PM   #9

Oh No It's my wife's bike!!!!

Spud,
Glad to know that the brakes on the RX3/RXR are not inherently under spec'd.
Actually the RXR was purchased for my wife. She's letting me ride it to do the break-in routine. After everything is stabilized and adjusted properly, she'll take the bike over!
It really doesn't fit me too well. I'm kinda of crowded in the seat to bar distance and the seat to pegs distance. But other than that I'm enjoying the bike.
Here is a photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (20.5 KB, 370 views)

Old 07-05-2017, 10:23 AM   #10

Quote:
I know what you mean about that. I changed to the tall seat and put on the Tusk risers and it made a world of difference.
Glad you're enjoying the bike. You'll find it will grow on you with every ride.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I know what you mean about that. I changed to the tall seat and put on the Tusk risers and it made a world of difference.
Glad you're enjoying the bike. You'll find it will grow on you with every ride.
I have the risers and the low seat, which I don't find very comfortable. How is the tall seat for long rides?
Farkles: CSC Skid Plate, Seat Concepts Low Seat, Genssi LED, Center Stand, USB/Cig Pwr, GPS mount, Spotlights, Sintered Brake Pad, 13T / 45T, Shinko 804/805, Side Stand Pad, Tourfella Luggage, Heated Grips, Sheepskin Gel pad, Progressive 465 Shock

Old 07-07-2017, 08:55 PM   #12

I just saw this thread and was pretty excited by the RXR. There are many threads of people replacing the stock RX3 gear with something more fitting of their use case, so a stripped down version would make sense.

However, I just checked the CSC website and there is very little difference in price ($170):

RX3:
Our Price: $3,895.00
Assembly Free
Your Bike Will Arrive Fully Assembled!
DOC Fee Free
Crating $150.00 (waived for in-store pickup)
Free Shipping!

Total: 4045

RXR:
Our Price: $3,495.00
Assembly $195.00
DOC Fee $35.00
Free Shipping!

Total: 3875

Old 07-08-2017, 01:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich+PRCBike View Post
I just saw this thread and was pretty excited by the RXR. There are many threads of people replacing the stock RX3 gear with something more fitting of their use case, so a stripped down version would make sense.

However, I just checked the CSC website and there is very little difference in price ($170):

RX3:
Our Price: $3,895.00
Assembly Free
DOC Fee Free
Free Shipping!

Total: 4045

RXR:
Our Price: $3,495.00
Assembly $195.00
DOC Fee $35.00
Free Shipping!

Total: 3875
They are waiving assembly and Doc fees for the RX3 . . . so, actually, if you had the same charges on each one, the RX3 is $4,275 and the RXR is $3,875. It's a $400 difference for the bike itself. They're just running a special on the assembly and documentation fees for the RX3.

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off"