Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #1

Gio 110cc Mini Beast Assembled - Pics

Hey Forum,

Thought I would share some pics of the newly assembled toy for all to see.

Here is the wheel nut problem I'm concerned with. The nut sits too far in for the cotter pin to sit in the spaces. I'm worried it will loosen and give me wheel shake and do damage. You can see I have extra washers in there!

Pretty extensive assembly. John at GioBikes tells me the Mini Beast comes with the most assembly of all his models. Nice to know that after the fact! Will be firing it up later today and will let all know how it goes.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #2

Does it come with front drum brakes.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #3

Front drum brakes are an option on checkout. I never ordered them because I didn't feel my daughter would be screaming around enough to need them, but they are available but I do think it was $150 more or so, don't remember exactly.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #4

It was $30, anyways. How is the quality of the atv compared to other brands.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #5

Mate I have no idea this is my first QUAD of any kind.

I haven't even started it need to move it outside, change out the shipping oil and gas it up. Waiting for my wife to get home as I need a hand lifting it over some things. (Long story)

I will write a full review for everyone once it starts and I give it a test ride.

I would say some of the threads in the frame were horrible. I was concerned I was going to strip bolts. I'd recommend a tap set for anyone putting one together to run through especially the handlebar clamps and the foot pegs areas. Some of the welds look dodgy to me, or certainly not that clean, and where the foot peg goes on the right side I can move the peg and the receiving area with my hand so I'd hate to land a jump with my foot on it might break it off. All just early impressions though.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #6

Please tell me how it goes since I was interested in purchasing the same exact quad. I was also interested in the bull quadro but it is too heavy and has a small engine. Anyways, tell me how things go. I was interested in purchasing one before the weekend is over.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #7

Neat looking little bike!

I know a little girl who's gonna be real happy.....

Old 05-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #8

Yes, she was quite happy!

Took it for a little burn on the school field across the street (shh, don't tell anyone) and she had a big beaming smile the whole time. It ran for about 2.5 hours on low speed for the kids for a good break-in. Will try to get it out again in the next couple days to get through the tank of gas then change the oil out.

I would say the bike does do okay. It has a tendancy to lock up the back brake, I do think it's when you come off the throttle fast. The manual says it will do this but it took me some time to figure out why I couldn't get it to move on the first few times. Anyone with any tips on this is helpful.

I'd say it's a bit gutless for me but that's fine I'm not the primary rider. Shocks are pretty squishy too.

Low end torque is bad, for my youngest daughter I had to screw the govener screw in all the way and it struggles to get her going on the lowest setting, but I didn't want to open it up more as she's a little small for it.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #9

I had the same problem on my 50cc. The brake just lock up. Is your back axel aligned?

Old 05-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #10

It's as aligned as it would be out of the box! I don't really have a way to align it properly. If you have any tips on how I would do that with hand tools I'm all ears err eyes!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #11

Mini beast brakes

I have never encountered this problem with the brakes! One test I'd do first would be to block up the back end and rotate the back tires by hand watching the brake disk to see if it's running true or not. Does not make sense to me why your brakes would lock on after the throttle is realeased.
Let us know how you are making out. :?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #12

Wheel nuts on mini beast

As far as the wheel nuts are concerned, I've had a few of the smaller 50cc gio's come in where the axil is shifted too much to one side or the other. What I've done in that case is tighten the side that has less room first, thus causing the axil to shift a little in the proper direction, then tighten the other side once they are even. Have not had this problem with the mini beast yet, but sounds similar. Hope this helps a little.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #13

Wheel spacing and brake......

Actually now that I'm awake and thinking of it, that may have something to do with the brakes grabbing too, if the axil isn't sitting where is should be. If your axil is too much one way or the other, then the brake will grab on one side of the disk, because the caliper will not be centered on the disk. Only a thought, but let us know if this helps.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:28 AM   #14

Yah the brakes probably of kilter and maing contact at all times, That would explain the low power and the lock up.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:58 AM   #15

Hey guys thanks for the tips and insight.

It's been parked in the backyard for the past couple days with a few start ups to keep the gas flowing but no riding. (Not great weather and been working)

To be fair, the brake locked up on me a couple times initially but after riding for a while it seemed to stop. So perhaps it needed to spin some and seat in, and I did fiddle with it a little. I will check the alignment and see if it spins straight now.

As for the lack of power. I did notice after I tightened the nuts on the back axel it didn't seem to spin as easily as without the wheels on. I don't know why this would be. Once sliding on the spacer tube and tightening the nut, it was hard to turn. I can't imagine the alignment would be the cause as it seemed to correlate to my tightening the bolt. I will loosen them off and see if it rolls better when doing another check through.