Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2016, 07:47 PM   #31

After all you wrote about your issues--keep in mind, it is a Chinese bike after all, LOL Like the Geico commercials--'That's what they do...'

I threw in the SSR bike to show that several Chinese bikes are here or coming. Mysteriously, even after watching the youtube video of one being sold, Sunright told me on the phone that their TMEC 125 won't be available until September :( But it is in the works.

Kawasaki and Honda will be the 'real deal' in this segment, but why spend over $3k when you can have a real thrash bike? I imagine there will be some unknown bikes to arrive--heck your bike kind of 'appeared' as I had been watching the TMEC and SSR bikes. I wonder if this market segment stays robust, will CSC import the Zongshen version?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-18-2016, 07:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
After all you wrote about your issues--keep in mind, it is a Chinese bike after all, LOL Like the Geico commercials--'That's what they do...'

I threw in the SSR bike to show that several Chinese bikes are here or coming. Mysteriously, even after watching the youtube video of one being sold, Sunright told me on the phone that their TMEC 125 won't be available until September :( But it is in the works.

Kawasaki and Honda will be the 'real deal' in this segment, but why spend over $3k when you can have a real thrash bike? I imagine there will be some unknown bikes to arrive--heck your bike kind of 'appeared' as I had been watching the TMEC and SSR bikes. I wonder if this market segment stays robust, will CSC import the Zongshen version?
show us the zong version.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-19-2016, 12:25 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
show us the zong version.
It looks near identical to the TMEC version sold via Sunright but the TMEC version is a semi-auto, no clutch lever bike...
http://www.sunright.net/linhai-scooters/denali-125%20FX

Here is the Zongshen version:
http://en.zongshenmotor.com/?q=node/895

Also, if you look around the CSC blogs, Joe rode one while he was recently in China and has photos of it, too.

The TMEC bike is probably bought as a knock-down kit from Zongshen, but they probably use a semi-auto Zongshen engine rather than a clutch version. TMEC uses the Zongshen 163 FML in their full-size 200 enduro. TMEC are a good company, at least from the perspective of their full-size enduro.

However, the Zongshen version allows you to 'be cool, be funny' so is probably the better of the two bikes ...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 08-19-2016, 12:31 AM   #34

"Be cool, be funny"

Yes, Mr. Zongshen, I will!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RK.jpg (113.9 KB, 1070 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 08-19-2016, 12:34 AM   #35

Not as cool or funny, but far more likely to be available in the US in the next couple months...The TMEC125GY-5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumb_1003_996_20150929101828253.jpg (86.3 KB, 1039 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 08-19-2016, 12:36 AM   #36

I should have linked to the Chinese site as well as the US distributor, Sunright.

http://www.tmecpower.com/index.php?m...catid=15&id=18

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 08-19-2016, 01:03 AM   #37

I bet that Rapido would work for csc is LA. They could sell it just under the TT price at some point. Course csc might have to think about building on to their facility.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-29-2016, 02:20 PM   #38

I have the Vader 125 Grom Clone also. Mine is called a Boom. {BD125-15} All the issues Maxi had..i have too. Broken cheap brittle plastics...loose bolts....pinched hoses...etc. I also have a speedo that doesn't work. Might be from installing the speedo pickup incorrectly...don't know yet. Had to buy a decent battery already..even though i keep it on a Battery Tender Jr 24/7. Originally i planned to do an engine swap even before i bought the Boom, ...but the engine i wanted to use required moving the main frame tube for clearance...so i changed my mind. For now i'm fixing the plastics....removing the tip over switch and all the smog equiptment...and i ordered a Black Widow full exhaust already....$202.00 USD including shipping from the UK. A bore kit and a Mikuni carb are next after i do some research. I'll be paying attention to the engine hop up topics on here.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:20 PM   #39

The SSR Razkull got a great review from motorcycle.com in their ankle biter shootout.

Old 01-07-2017, 04:43 AM   #40

Thought i'd let you guys know...a aftermarket GROM exhaust will not fit on the Vader 125 aka Grom BD 125-15 aka Grom clone. I should have done better research before i bought it but didn't and had to cut up the stock header and the aftermarket header and fab {weld} the two together to make it fit. The rear half fits all the mounting holes on the frame...but the front half of the Grom exhaust doesn't fit. It seems the Grom exhaust port aims straight down...while these clones exhaust ports are angled outward about 15 degrees. I don't mind having to weld things to make them fit...but most folks don't have the equiptment...so i thought i'd warn everybody to save you the hassle.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #41

Should I Buy a Vader 125

Im really back and forth of whether I should buy a china bike or just buckle down and get a Japanese bike. the price is obvious but this would be my first bike and while Im experienced in turning wrenches and taking shit apart I don't necessarily want to be fixing a Vader all the time. Is it worth the slight investment for a first bike?

Old 05-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by himsaad714 View Post
Im really back and forth of whether I should buy a china bike or just buckle down and get a Japanese bike. the price is obvious but this would be my first bike and while Im experienced in turning wrenches and taking shit apart I don't necessarily want to be fixing a Vader all the time. Is it worth the slight investment for a first bike?
Only you can decide that. I can say from previously selling Chinese bikes, and currently still riding them, they are great bikes for the money. I personally have not regretted my decision at all, and Ive had to do very little to my bikes (other than the normal maint).

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 05-09-2017, 08:48 PM   #43

This was my first bike and decided to go for the cheap in case I lost interest and wouldnt be out much $. Now I got rapped up in this dam nut house China riders site and all I wanna do is read and ride.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:20 AM   #44

Hi guys, I'm considering getting the icebear fuerza, can anyone tell me if grom plastics will fit it, they look the same in the picks, please don't guess, tell me if you actually tried it, thank s

Old 07-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #45

I've been wanting one of these for a while, but my experience with Chinese RC has me thinking it's a waste. I just got a micro quad in and two motors are crunchy. I am sick of the Chinese and their shoving garbage down our throat. Luckily this time I got this one for free since they posted a bogus tracking number. Not paying them a cent. I can't imagine going through this with a $1500 purchase. As much as I want one, I feel like no bike is better than a Chinese bike. When a Grom clone is $600, I'll bite. They're not worth more than that.