Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #46

looking at these..
wonder why some cast the barrel fins in the opsite direction to the air flow...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 07-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #47

What does a radio controlled micro quad have to do with motorcycles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I've been wanting one of these for a while, but my experience with Chinese RC has me thinking it's a waste. I just got a micro quad in and two motors are crunchy. I am sick of the Chinese and their shoving garbage down our throat. Luckily this time I got this one for free since they posted a bogus tracking number. Not paying them a cent. I can't imagine going through this with a $1500 purchase. As much as I want one, I feel like no bike is better than a Chinese bike. When a Grom clone is $600, I'll bite. They're not worth more than that.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:14 AM   #48

I like the rapido but they lost me at automatic.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:11 AM   #49

Taotao now has a glv (Grom-like vehicle); I know it is nothing special since several minis are already on sale, but I think I would put this one above all but the SSR Razkull on my shopping list because Taotao have vastly improved their quality the past couple years.

http://taotao.us/index.cfm/electric-...es/hellcat125/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Taotao.jpg (31.0 KB, 1473 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #50

Are there any of these play bikes that is big enough to fit the Daytona Anima 190cc 4V engine? The Braap Superlight is available with that engine but I haven't really seen anything else with it. The Pirahana 190 dirtbike is available with it but it's a dirtbike. And when I say available, the Braap is sold in Australia. They're not in the US yet.

I wish the SSR Razkull 125 was big enough to fit the Daytona 190. That engine would be a tight fit, and if it's doable, it would a sweet bike.

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 10-12-2017, 03:38 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM View Post
Are there any of these play bikes that is big enough to fit the Daytona Anima 190cc 4V engine? The Braap Superlight is available with that engine but I haven't really seen anything else with it. The Pirahana 190 dirtbike is available with it but it's a dirtbike. And when I say available, the Braap is sold in Australia. They're not in the US yet.

I wish the SSR Razkull 125 was big enough to fit the Daytona 190. That engine would be a tight fit, and if it's doable, it would a sweet bike.

SamM
I have a zs190 engine which is the same as a Daytona 190 but with a 2v head and electric start in a Razkull clone (Lil Duc). Slight clearancing of the brake pedal and it bolts right in. The engine makes 18-19HP so the power is great and the 5-speed transmission is super smooth. It runs well with the carburetor but I've converted it to EFI.
Stock

ZS190

Old 10-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumter View Post
I have a zs190 engine which is the same as a Daytona 190 but with a 2v head and electric start in a Razkull clone (Lil Duc). Slight clearancing of the brake pedal and it bolts right in. The engine makes 18-19HP so the power is great and the 5-speed transmission is super smooth. It runs well with the carburetor but I've converted it to EFI.
Stock

ZS190

I was also wanting to use that engine in my Grom clone. I have an Ice Bear Fuerza and I thought that the zs190 would be a perfect upgrade. Did you get yours through Pitster Pro? I saw they had it available for a fairly reasonable price with all the necessary parts to get it running. What did you use for your fuel injection?

Old 10-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAcid View Post
I was also wanting to use that engine in my Grom clone. I have an Ice Bear Fuerza and I thought that the zs190 would be a perfect upgrade. Did you get yours through Pitster Pro? I saw they had it available for a fairly reasonable price with all the necessary parts to get it running. What did you use for your fuel injection?
Yeah I got it through Pitster Pro. We have 7 of us in Vegas with these engines in our bikes. It's 2 motor mount bolts and 5 wires to do the swap. I used a small engine efi kit that was $270 shipped complete. I just rode my Z125 with a lightened primary and modded intake today and it's crazy how much slower it is. 8HP 125 vs 18-19HP 190 though.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #54

Quote:
Yeah I got it through Pitster Pro. We have 7 of us in Vegas with these engines in our bikes. It's 2 motor mount bolts and 5 wires to do the swap. I used a small engine efi kit that was $270 shipped complete. I just rode my Z125 with a lightened primary and modded intake today and it's crazy how much slower it is. 8HP 125 vs 18-19HP 190 though.

That sounds great. As far as additional pieces I was referring to the cdi, wiring harness, carb, etc that is supposed to be included in their kit. What efi kit did you use?

Old 10-12-2017, 04:36 PM   #55

Quote:
That sounds great. As far as additional pieces I was referring to the cdi, wiring harness, carb, etc that is supposed to be included in their kit. What efi kit did you use?
I chose No.4 for 150-200cc

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/micr...786077851.html

The ZS190 does come with everything needed. Even the oil cooler. You just have to solder the 5 wires into the clones harness which is already color coded correctly. Just use the clone bikes cdi and coil and everything. It was very simple.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:57 PM   #56

Quote:
I chose No.4 for 150-200cc

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/micr...786077851.html

The ZS190 does come with everything needed. Even the oil cooler. You just have to solder the 5 wires into the clones harness which is already color coded correctly. Just use the clone bikes cdi and coil and everything. It was very simple.
That is good news I was curious how that engine would work out. Only information I have seen on it is from Russian users. Have you noticed an increase in performance or throttle response with the efi vs carb? The only other review I have seen for one of those efi kits is from a Vader 125 install. It didn't work for his application. Considering that the engine in those Grom clones can't even keep the battery charged with the headlight on, I figured the electrical output wouldn't have been sufficient for the efi.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #57

Quote:
That is good news I was curious how that engine would work out. Only information I have seen on it is from Russian users. Have you noticed an increase in performance or throttle response with the efi vs carb? The only other review I have seen for one of those efi kits is from a Vader 125 install. It didn't work for his application. Considering that the engine in those Grom clones can't even keep the battery charged with the headlight on, I figured the electrical output wouldn't have been sufficient for the efi.
The EFIis slightly more responsive but the carburetor is actually really responsive. I did notice while watching my tablet with the bike running that it doesn't charge if the rpms are under 1600-1800rpm so either have to raise the idle a bit or keep it at 1% tps. Honestly the engine is perfectly fine with just the carburetor. I only did the EFI just to test it and possibly run a turbo later on.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:14 PM   #58

Sumter,
That’s a cool bike that you have there. T-Bolt sells the Daytona Anima engine in all the configurations. I’m surprised that it fit. Is the head on the 2-valve engine smaller? Can you post the length of the engine. That would be helpful. If I was going to do the swap, I’d go for FXD street version of the Anima engine. Pricey but it would rip.

Thanks!

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E

Old 10-13-2017, 12:04 AM   #59

Thanks. The zs190 is 18 inches long.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:37 PM   #60

Thanks for that measurement. You really have me thinking about a Razkull again. My local dealer has one in white.

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E