Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2018, 09:56 PM   #1

Vader 125 after a year and a half

So, I've had the good ol vader for around a year and a half at this point and I wanted to give sort of an update. The bike is still going strong and seems to open up more all the time. I've not had a single break down at this point and nothing major (or minor) has broken on me. I've had it on road, dirt road, gravel road, trails, fields, and all manner of places and have had no issues. It's sitting at about 1500 miles at this point and I really don't think it is going to give up anytime soon. If anything kills it, it will be me and my dumbassery on it.

I can't recommend the bike enough. It gets alot of attention and I'm always quick to sing it's praises to anyone that asks. Just today a fella on a 50cc china scoot was asking about it. I do believe he intends to get one asap.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*

Old 09-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #2

I've not had mine nearly as long or have that many miles, but I can say I am so far basically pleased with it . If I had to make any negative comments about it or point to what is lacking ,there are things on the frame that have no apparent use or purpose ( a few small brackets, etc that have nothing there ,not sure what they ever did but are clearly unused now ) some of the welds , while strong enough are decidedly ugly ,and the quality of the paint on the plastics is hit or miss , one side of my headlight fairing had pretty bad runs in the factory paint that are plainly visible , and would never have left a Japanese plant in that condition- No problem for me, i knocked it down with a sanding block, hit it with some clearcoat to seal it, then put a sticker over it that was going in that spot anyways and BAM good as new.

Mechanically I have had zero issues I can attribute to the Bike or it's construction, I did have to change the front fork oil but I knew that up front and the forks didnt fail, they just couldnt work as intended due to the factory fluid ( i use fluid bc i cant bring myself to call it fork oil )
was worse than laughable ,and i also noticed they were underfilled in my opinion.After a simple fork oil change to a quality brand and using 225Ml

they are completely different and 100% better.

The engine / tranny has been fine and actually has exceeded my expectations ,I did have to " fish" for neutral when it was brand new but after about 300 miles it ran in and worked fine.

All in all ,for the price I simply can't complain , it looks good, runs good ,
and aside from it having a finicky gas cap / keylock i absolutely love it.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 09-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #3

The beauty of these bikes are that they are really simple. Everything is pretty straightforward and pretty basic. This makes them easy to work on and replace parts if needed.

Good to see it running strong. Fun little bikes.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
I've not had mine nearly as long or have that many miles, but I can say I am so far basically pleased with it . If I had to make any negative comments about it or point to what is lacking ,there are things on the frame that have no apparent use or purpose ( a few small brackets, etc that have nothing there ,not sure what they ever did but are clearly unused now ) some of the welds , while strong enough are decidedly ugly ,and the quality of the paint on the plastics is hit or miss , one side of my headlight fairing had pretty bad runs in the factory paint that are plainly visible , and would never have left a Japanese plant in that condition- No problem for me, i knocked it down with a sanding block, hit it with some clearcoat to seal it, then put a sticker over it that was going in that spot anyways and BAM good as new.

Mechanically I have had zero issues I can attribute to the Bike or it's construction, I did have to change the front fork oil but I knew that up front and the forks didnt fail, they just couldnt work as intended due to the factory fluid ( i use fluid bc i cant bring myself to call it fork oil )
was worse than laughable ,and i also noticed they were underfilled in my opinion.After a simple fork oil change to a quality brand and using 225Ml

they are completely different and 100% better.

The engine / tranny has been fine and actually has exceeded my expectations ,I did have to " fish" for neutral when it was brand new but after about 300 miles it ran in and worked fine.

All in all ,for the price I simply can't complain , it looks good, runs good ,
and aside from it having a finicky gas cap / keylock i absolutely love it.
bringing my old post back from the dead here but neutral also became much easier for me to find after some mileage was put on. I know alot of people complained about that at first.

Now at almost 2 years of ownership and nothing to complain about.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*

Old 01-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #5

I'm getting close to 1200 miles on mine. Rain or shine and it's been doing fantastic. People ask me why I ride it instead of my gsxr and I tell them because it's a great bike and fun fun fun.