Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2023, 11:33 AM   #1

Check and make sure there isn't an issue with the front sprocket....not likely, but something to check
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 04-14-2023, 01:30 PM   #2

Agreed. Having the splines rip out of the sprocket or its countershaft will definitely ensure you're going nowhere! Ditto with having all the teeth worn to nubbins, although that's usually also quite noisy.

On these Honda-inspired engines, the front sprocket is held in alignment on the countershaft by two small bolts. The torque is actually transferred through the splines on the shaft, not the bolts, but if the bolts come undone the sprocket can slide on the shaft to its removal position, i.e. where it is no longer engaged with the splines. If that's the case the bolts will probably be nowhere to be found, also, since they'll be ejected out the back by the chain.

If the sprocket cover on the Brozz is anything like the Hawks and my Bashan, and I'll bet you it is, it's got no holes or slots in it so you can't see what's going on in there without taking it off. It's just three (IIRC) 8mm head bolts.