Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2020, 05:44 PM   #1

No spark

Hello Everyone i hope you can help me out with this. This is my first time doing something with an atv. I am mostly working on cars so this was something new to me. I picked up this atv for free with no information about it. I believe it to be a 50cc 4 stroke engine but i am not positive. owner gave it to me for free because he could not get it to start at all.

I ordered a wire harness off amazon this one to be exact: Link

I got It all hooked up and wired and nothing. I found out the chain connected from the starter to the flywheel where the stator sits in had fallen off. so i put it back on. After that the engine tries to start as i can hear the piston moving up and down the can see the flywheel moving. now with that i do not see any spark coming. I put the spark plug in the coil and set it on the cylinder head and nothing. Just want to know where i should start and how to go thru troubleshooting this.

The old hacked up wire harness has been removed and switched to the new one but i am keeping the old parts as spares for troubleshooting and such. Once i get some pictures of the quad with the new harness taken i will upload them. Most likely later today if i have the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0815201730.jpg (157 Bytes, 1102 views)
File Type: jpg 0815201731_HDR.jpg (157 Bytes, 1116 views)