Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyDonkey
when I think of how much the big-name bikes cost (and they're by no means perfect), I'm willing to go through a little hassle, 'cause if it weren't for these China cheapies...I wouldn't be riding!
That, is the key to happiness when it comes to buying expensive toys on the extreme cheap...... Nicley put. :wink:

Old 03-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #17

I just wanted to let everyone know the clutch cable arrived yesterday, I instaled it this morning before work, and it seems to be good.

As I thought before from my measurement, the clutch cable that came on the quad was the wrong one. This new one measured somewhere around 3" shorter, and worked as its supposed to.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #18

:P :wink: Thats good news finally....................... :wink:

Old 03-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal_Diver
Quote:
when I think of how much the big-name bikes cost (and they're by no means perfect), I'm willing to go through a little hassle, 'cause if it weren't for these China cheapies...I wouldn't be riding!
That, is the key to happiness when it comes to buying expensive toys on the extreme cheap...... Nicley put. :wink:
Heh, ya know, I stopped by a motorcicle shop today to pick up a fuel filter for the Vbike, and of course, they make you walk all the way past all the new shiny Jap motorcicles and 4-wheelers to get to the parts counter. And ya know what? After seeing all them new expensive Jap bikes, I'm thinking "they don't have a thing on my v4sw!".

Instead of walking out of there envying the Jap bikes....I came out thinking "What suckers, paying all that money...if only they knew that some of the Chinx have really improved their quality lately!".

I came home to my Vbike, and I truly think I like it better than anything I saw at the dealer!

And I'll tell ya, my bike really earned it's keep today! I had a new calf born yesterday and one today- but one of them appeared to be MIA. So I used the Vbike to go looking for it- In looking for yesterday's calf, I discovered that today's calf had fallen into a sinkhole/ravine- about 8 feet deep. So I had to ride home and get my extension ladder...ride back to the ravine- get the calf out, and then went looking for yesterday's calf again...which I eventually found- safe and sound (it's mother had found it first!).

If I hadn't have gotten this bike...I'd still be out thetre walking around...and might never have found the calf in the ravine, and it would have died.

(At least now I can truly justify buying this thing as a "tool" instead of a toy! -I'm a bachelor....but I'm tighter than I imagine any of your wives might be!)

Old 03-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #20

Well I went for a ride this weekend in Reno Nevada when I was up at my parents new house. This was the first time I've been able to ride the quad.

Here are the good and bad:

GOOD:
1. Decent Power even at 6000+ feet
2. Started up and had no issues
3. Is a blast, and is truly worth every penny.

BAD:
1. Suspension is stiff and pounded the crap out of my arms
2. Front drum brakes really suck, even after adjusting out the cable @ the handlebar they have very little stopping power. The rear which is hydraulic disk is great. Needless to say I will be contacting Tim to see if I can buy a set of brakes from the V4S which are hydraulic disk.
3. Vibration broke the brakelight completely off the bike. The plastic housing snapped at the bolts and fell off.

I have some videos I will be posting along with some pictures

First Video: Break-in Ride

Second Video: Review at 7300ft.

Third Video: First Broken Part

Old 03-31-2009, 08:36 PM   #21

Great vids. Looks like a lot of fun. Makes me hate living in Florida even more than before. Thanks.

I am glad you all had fun and everything stayed together...... :wink:

Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #22

Nice vids, And great pics, Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #23

Yeah, that's a nice looking set-up ya got there, Creepy!

Old 04-02-2009, 01:03 AM   #24

Thanks for the appreciation guys. I'm putting the PZ30 on there soon, so I'm getting anxious to get that thing out in the dirt again.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #25

I'm very satisfied with the results from installing the PZ30 on my V4SW. It has much more power, and was only a $40 investment. I also added a foam air filter. I'm running a 110 jet and it seems to be right on.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #26

Heya daboostcreep, I live in Reno (well near Reno) and I was just wondering where you were riding at, looks fun! lol I'm stuck running in the low hills and dry lake beds around here.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboostcreep
I'm very satisfied with the results from installing the PZ30 on my V4SW. It has much more power, and was only a $40 investment. I also added a foam air filter. I'm running a 110 jet and it seems to be right on.
Now THAT is a mod I might just do! Well worth it for the money! (Not that the V4SW isn't already powerful enough...but when you can get even more thjrough such an easy and cheap mod...what the hey?!)

Old 04-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #28

I was riding in the new developement on Mt. Rose hwy....turn right at Callahan Ranch and go into the yet to be developed lots for homes. Go up to the top and you can ride all over there just for fun.

I got the PZ30 for $20 brand new on Ebay...actually bought 2 of them. Also bought a $20ish set of 10 jets to use. The PZ30 side by side with the PZ27 is huge...3mm doesnt seem like alot but it is.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #29

I think there's a PZ30 on my soon-to-come 300 Monster. Maybe I'll put that on my also soon-to-come) 250T, and get a bigger one for the Monster! What's the next step up from th PZ30?

Old 04-16-2009, 12:27 AM   #30

Quote:
I think there's a PZ30 on my soon-to-come 300 Monster. Maybe I'll put that on my also soon-to-come) 250T, and get a bigger one for the Monster! What's the next step up from th PZ30?
I think the only way to go bigger is to get an adapter flange that will allow you to clamp on a carb like a 34mm.