Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2009, 03:37 AM   #1

SwingArm Bushings - Again

I saw a post on here once discussing options for swing arm bushings. I can't seem to find the one with the Yamaha part numbers..

Has anyone had luck finding 110cc Mini ATV swing arm bushings from a better supplier? My 110cc failed today and I have a double problem, I didn't bring the proper replacements up and am doubting I will find some up this way that will fit.

Apparently they either sent me the wrong bushings in the spare parts kit, or I grabbed the 50cc ones, assuming they would be the same but of course are not.

Sorry for rehashing this discussion but it would be great to know if anyone has had success here..

Old 06-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #2

How did you notice your swingarm bushing are dead?

Old 06-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #3

It threw the chain for the second time, and Weldandgrind suggested I check it while re-installing the chain...which I did and could see the left side was toast. You can grab the swing arm and see it moving excessively.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #4

OOOOOO, I might have to watch out. What I did was take it to a local bearing shop which I found on yellowpages. They cost about $5 each. You have the option to get the Japanese or the Chinese bearings but since the Japanese cost 3 times more, I got the chinese ones. He said they are brand name chinese ones and said the ones I have are very shit quality and are unbranded. I decided not to put it on my 50cc since I decided to sell it. Now, I have the 110cc.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #5

The thread you're referencing is http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ghlight=#75045

Unfortunately, the part number refers to the 200cc Gio Beast; you'll need to take one of the bushings to a supplier. I had good luck taking the Beast bushings to Yamaha and 125 Dirt Bike bushings to Honda. They generally keep all of the bushings together, so it's easy to rifle through the box and find a replacement.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-30-2009, 10:49 PM   #6

Couldn't find that post and looked everywhere..

I think I might have an odd beast. John from Gio tells me all the bushings are the same for the 50 and 110, however I have smaller ones that came with the replacement kit. When I get home I will have to check the other set I have to see if the inside diameter is the same smaller size.

Motorcycle shop today put some thick rad house into the shell and the inside bushing in the hole of the house. Works really well so far!

Old 07-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #7

Wouls u mind posting a picture of it buddy. Tks.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozalo
Wouls u mind posting a picture of it buddy. Tks.
I'd have to take the swing arm off again to show it to you now.

When I replace it with something better I will take a photo.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #9

Ok, no problem. Thanks Turbo T. I'm just pissed of at the stupid paint stain.