Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #1

Giovanni 110cc Mini BeastReview

Giovanni has been dealing and selling in atv for a pretty long time. They continue to improve there quality compared to the previous quality but they still need more improvements compared to other companies. I did not really like there customer service. They no long respond to me even though I reply to them in a nice manner. My brake rotor that came with my atv came all damaged up, then they sent another one but unfortunately that one came bent too. I emailed them for another rotor but guess what they are not replying to me back. Anyways let's get back on to topic.

For the for most out of all atv's this one had the most assembly and took me 2 days to assemble. It looks good but there's a down side about that, but we'll talk about that later!

What do you have to assemble?

I had to assemble the following together:

Handle Bar - Pretty easy, bolts on

Muffler - It leaks a bit on the main pipe but it only happens on cold starts

Shocks - They bolt on east but the screws and nuts came missing so I
had to go buy some at the local part source store

Tie rod - I had to hammer this in with a little force for it to come in

Footpegs - Easy to put on, they bolt on

Side fairings - This was the hardest to put on. It looks easy but it does not fit on. But, don't worry I just cut the side of it off a little. I had to bolt it on the side but it did not fit, I got pissed of and left it the way it was hanging on one bolt which looked like enough for it to hold on.

The arrow is pointing at the bolt which did not align up when I was putting on the fairing. The rectangle is showing the piece I cut off.

The atv came damaged in shipping, the chain adjuster was not aligned.

I had to hammer it to get it as straight as possible but this is as straight as I could get it.

What I liked about this atv was that it came with a choke switch on the handle bar which was very convenient. My 50cc did not have this feature.

The paint quality of this atv was sh--. It is peeling of already when it has only been 2-3 weeks.

The 110ccmini beast needs some extra washers since you do not want the tires to come loose. As you can see it needs some washers:

Upgrades:

Here's some upgrades I did on my atv.

I upgraded the fuel lines and the fuel filter to higher quality ones. I also put a better fuel shut off.

Positives about the 110cc:

- Cheap and affordable
- Runs right out of the box with no carb tunning required
- Fast Shipping

Negatives:

- Bad Customer Support
I emailed then about 5 times that I needed a new rotor but they have yet to respond to me. The back brakes barely work since it is a little damaged and it not completely straight. The first rotor that came with the atv came badly damaged. I emailed them to send me another rotor and they did but guess what, it came damaged again. Now I emailed them about 5 times and not they are no longer responding to me.

- Chain adjusters came bent

- Brake caliper came broken. It was literally cracked but they sent me a replacement one.

- Warrant is bullshit, it comes with 6 months but you know what, after 45 days when you can no longer open a dispute they stop replying to you. I same thing happened to my 50cc.

Other than the customer support issue the atv was average. The main thing about an Chinese atv is the warranty and customer service. They have yet to respond to me about the rotor. Also there warranty is all a lie.

Here's a side vie of my little baby:

Anyways that's the review of my Giovanni 110cc. My cat's waiting to be pet.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #2

That paint thing would piss me off.

How do you like the ride and power?

Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 PM   #3

The ride is very good and soft. The shocks are soft unlike the 50cc. I can not really comment on the powers, it's still in break in.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #4

Ehhhh.....the paint is getting me mad. How do you think carbon fiber vinyl will look. I have a supplier for decals in thailand and I'm purchasing some decals for my bike. I'm gettin a 10 pack decal set.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #5

Your cat also looks angry about the paint.

You can tweak a rotor back into line if it isn't kinked. If you have access to a dial indicator and magnetic base (rather cheap at Princess), you can set the indicator needle on the rotor face. As you spin the axle (with the caliper removed and safely attached to the upper shock area), the dial indicator will show you which parts of the rotor need to be adjusted and by how much. You can use a large adjustable wrench (aka Crescent wrench) over the edge of the rotor as a lever, and gently bend the rotor back into shape. If you can't obtain a dial indicator, you can do it by eye; just take your time.

My buddy did this recently on his WR250, because the rotor wasn't grooved, only slightly bent. It worked great, and saved him the cost of a new Yamaha rotor. 8O

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #6

How much does the tool cost. I could get another rotor for about $20. I know Japanese parts are expensive.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozalo
How much does the tool cost. I could get another rotor for about $20. I know Japanese parts are expensive.
More than $20.00

Do you know someone who has an adjustable wrench you can borrow?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #8

I can buy a adjustable wrench at homedepot or canadian tire. Why???

Old 07-02-2009, 12:36 AM   #9

I think he was meaning the magnetic base and dial indicator. These can be relatively cheap or really expensive. Not the base itself but the dial indicator. The cheaper they are the less accurate they are, however you don't need something super accurate for what Weldandgrind is mentioning. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the 'how much does the tool cost" thing..

Here are two examples from princess auto, which would be quite cheap.

http://www.princessauto.com/tools/me...flection-gauge

http://www.princessauto.com/tools/me...-magnetic-base

I'm starting to get wise to the Gio business plan. Sell product cheap, kill people with replacement parts cost. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm missing my engine shop with all the tools, lathes, grinders and work areas now that I have these things!

Old 07-02-2009, 12:59 AM   #10

Lol, heh, it's a good buisness. But, why pay giovanni when you can buy directly from an atv factory. You guys are close to china.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #11

I just wanted to ask. If I heat the back chain adjuster and I take a hammer and a wood block will that straigeten it? Anyways there's a new update.

GIOVANNI is the BEST

Looks like they read my review or somethin and now there sending me new fenders and a back rotor.

Looks like John was little busy, what would you expect with such a large company with sooo many customers to deal with.

I'll edit my review once I receive the parts.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #12

Update: Got my parts! I am more happy then ever.

Yes! Giovanni sent me a whole new body even though I only needed side fenders. Also, they sent me 2 rotors for some reason.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:51 PM   #13

That's John's style. He once sent me some spare parts for our Beast and threw in some assorted spares. One of the items was a starter for a 50cc quad, and I no longer had one. John said he didn't want it back, so I donated it to Bladeguard from the old Giovanni forum; his had failed, and the timing was perfect.

I love these forums.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:07 AM   #14

I give John a lot of kudos for what he does.

I can imagine selling these things is not without it's challenges. I'm glad you got your parts and hopefully you can start enjoying your quad without any more problems.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #15

Giovanni is better than most companies in service and customer service. He usually responds within the same day or next day. Most companies ask you to send the part back and then they will send you a new part which is just ridiculous since it cost alot to ship and takes atleast a week from BC to ON. The only problem I have it the choke cable is too short on the minkuni carb and the slide does not go all the way up which means is not going to it's full potential.