Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2019, 10:35 AM   #31

I just glue a socket or attach a rubber hose to that fuel mixture screw for now. Still waiting for new screw with slotted end to show up...

Keihin PZ30 Main-115 Pilot-38 Needle-1Washer Fuel Mixture-1/2

BSR Chronicles - "Project leads to more projects!"

Yamaha WR250R
Suzuki GSX-R 600

Old 09-25-2019, 11:43 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AresROC View Post
I just glue a socket or attach a rubber hose to that fuel mixture screw for now. Still waiting for new screw with slotted end to show up...
The head of mine stripped out last night. Went to turn it with a standard screw driver as normal and pop! O well.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 09-26-2019, 08:07 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaesarVis View Post
Alright guys, I figured out the issue and I feel dumb now! I NEVER use the choke so didn't really know what direction was what. I thought up was off but apparently up is ON. I have had the damn choke on this WHOLE freaking time. Thank you so much to everyone that assisted me and I'm sorry to have wasted your time. At least some other good discussions took place!!! Thanks again guys! This community really is amazing!
I did the exact same thing yesterday. No choke, runs like a scalded dog!

Old 09-26-2019, 10:22 PM   #34

I got mine sorted out tonight. I backed out the air fuel screw 1 1/2 turns and it was still not wanting to run unless the choke was on.
Took the choke off again (new carb has a slotted head screw) to get to the screw, backed it out another 1 1/2 turns, and turned the idle screw in a bit.

Finally, runs good with the choke off for once, revs good, and no popping when you let off.
I'm sure it still needs some fine tuning, but it runs now.
Going for a ride in the morning !

Old 09-26-2019, 11:03 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandog View Post
I got mine sorted out tonight. I backed out the air fuel screw 1 1/2 turns and it was still not wanting to run unless the choke was on.
Took the choke off again (new carb has a slotted head screw) to get to the screw, backed it out another 1 1/2 turns, and turned the idle screw in a bit.

Finally, runs good with the choke off for once, revs good, and no popping when you let off.
I'm sure it still needs some fine tuning, but it runs now.
Going for a ride in the morning !
Best use the tool for the air screw - open till best idle and close off 1/8 turn.
It is adjustable for a reason and no 1 setting in correct for all.

Tags
bogging, carb, dies, tuning