Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #1

Jianshe JS80py 2002 spark plug?

I have no owners manual on this bike i picked up for my kids. I have noticed that it is running a BPR7hs NGK plug but i am going through plugs like crazy. It seems that the plug is always fouled and wet. The carb seems to be running lean enough and i cant find any info on what the right plug is.

I was told that this bike is a knock off of the Yamaha PW80 and that calls for a BP6HS NGK plug. Basically 1 level hotter and non resistor type?Is the resistor vs non resistor an issue

Also is it normal to only have to add oil to the oiler every 3rd or 4th fill up.(since this bike has an oil tank under the seat and mixes it automatically)

Thanks for any help

Old 07-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #2

Yeah, if it's fouling that often, I'd move to a hotter plug. The resistor just stops the plug from interfering with the CDI, although you probably have a resistor in the plug boot. If it won't run properly with a non-resistor plug, that's why.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #3

http://jianshe.com.au/js80py

As two strokes are slowly being legislated out of our lives spark plugs are starting to be hard to get. As was suggested: try a "6" (BPR6HS), but watch it carefully, as it seems that one heat range is a bigger jump than "normal", or what one would expect. (running the engine too hot can get costly)

Where I live 6's and 7's are easy, while 8's are a problem, and have to be ordered by the box.

Yes, depending on the size of the oil tank, multiple fill ups to one oil fill is normal. You may want to switch to a synthetic 2 cycle oil if plug oil fouling is a problem.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #4

I noticed on a pw50 that I fixed that it smoked alot. It had a automatic oiler too. Was wondering if it was mixing too rich.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #5

Thanks for the help everyone. Going to try the hotter plug and see what the plug looks like after a good day of riding