Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2017, 07:17 AM   #1

RX4 talk

Just saw this post on mychinamoto regarding the RX4. Of course, any time period discussed regarding China and the RX4 will be pushed back somewhat for those whose importers will need to emissions and road certify the bike, but it does give some vague time periods as to when we could possibly see these bikes (later 2018 is my guess and is a time period I think has been discussed before). Also, mentioned by the poster (a European ex-pat in China) is the test ride coming up in a few months, which I am guessing Joe Berk will be on. The person I am writing about goes by the handle 'prince666' and he has some photos. Scroll down to find it.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...en-450cc/page2

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-15-2017, 10:30 PM   #2

rx4

Ktm390 adv?

I might have the full Monty saved by the time either decides to go up for sale ...rats
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #3

I wonder if the RX4's looong timeline to release has anything to do with their bikes burning up in the Dakar?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #4

I imagine it's still ongoing development of the product.(Aka prototype phase) I know all manufacturer in my industry will rush stuff out to compete then will continue development after rollout with retro fits, svc bulletins etc. They always want to delay until the last min possible to weed out all the weakest links. competition always accelerates the process . I'm sure bmw KTM etc don't consider zong competition so mabey zong will sneak this rx4 in as an outstanding product and value as was the rx3 that made the Japanese builders wake up in this segment.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-16-2017, 06:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I wonder if the RX4's looong timeline to release has anything to do with their bikes burning up in the Dakar?
Actually, one bike burned after a crash. Most of the others DNF due to rider issues.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:14 PM   #6

Culcune was just being a little flip as signified by the in his comment. He knows the difference between the rx4 and the 450cc enduro Racer with the expansive frame fuel tank.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:23 PM   #7

I wished, and still wish, that Suzuki will pursue development of the GW250 based V Strom 250. They have certified the GW250 several times via the EPA, and just recently, the GSXR 250 and the V Strom, like the GSXR 250 is GW 250 based. It would have been quite easy for them.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-20-2017, 08:47 PM   #8

Genuine (scooter company) has suffered delay after delay in bringing their ShineRay based 400cc standard motorcycle to market in the US. Getting 50 state emissions certification on a large thumper is getting more difficult and costly.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #9

New pictures from Zong on the RX4

Zong has posted about a reveal and this is what they posted. New new photos and angles of the RX4. Interesting but I'm actually more interested in the RX3s with the parallel twin 390 but that's another year further out than the RX4 according to some material I read.
https://www.facebook.com/ZongshenMot...94276534056409

Old 12-22-2017, 10:04 PM   #10

I am also more interested in the proposed RX3S. I think that would be an ideal size lightweight adventure bike with enough power for longer, faster highway trips when needed.

It will have to be priced attractively however, the Versys seems to be selling well and has great reviews. I think RX3S will have to cost less and come with more standard features to remain competetive.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:49 PM   #11

Anything lighter than the RX3 with Tourfellas becomes a kite when a speeding semi passes. Happened to me on my RX3. Adventure bikes catch a lot of wind with windshield, hand guards, double front fenders raised rear fender rumpflyer styling, and luggage. I'm not sure the RX3 modded with more speed would be safe when the luggage was empty. Loaded, no problem. 2 up, no problem.

As for the mechanical excellence of the RX3, I must have a lemon. Both brakes warped rotors, rear pads cracked linings, coolant and oil leaks, parts falling off, hardware falling out, etc. Reminds me of Japanese bikes of the early '60s. Then, way too much time for simple maintenance like an oil change with so many filters/screens/plugs, way to much time to get to the valves for adjustment, then reassemble the bike, etc. I can do a complete service on one my TW200s in about the same time it takes to adjust the valves on the RX3. Working on the road days at a time I resent the hours of riding lost to maintenance and repairs on the RX3.

The RX3 is a wonderful bike, rides and handles well (19-inch front a big improvement on the street), stops well (with upgraded brakes), good lighting (especially with 35watt HID headlight), comfy with accessory seat, etc. The RX3 is pretty good at lots of things, but excellent at not much. Typical bike with widely ranging capabilities, dirt trails to highways and everything in between. It is a great performing package at a very good price, but mine has been a maintenance nightmare compared to my significantly modded TW200 adventure version with practically identical capabilities, other than the TW will walk away from the RX3 in soft terrain because it has so much more traction. For those who don't know, the TW's front tire is bigger than the RX3's rear tire, and the TW's rear tire is bigger than the tires on some cars, and that kind of traction requires a significantly different riding style some people can never adapt to to function well, so if you're one of those, the RX3 is a much better choice. Don't forget the modded RX3 costs about half the modded TW200, weeks less labor and minds less knowledge, and gives up only the extreme traction which some people actually find threatening.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:21 PM   #12

Seriousyl, why are people still using photobucket?!??

I really, really would like to see the pictures, but:

Name:  RX4.JPG
Views: 662
Size:  83.0 KB

Old 12-25-2017, 10:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondaChondaChonda View Post
I really, really would like to see the pictures, but: ...
Exactly why I don't post photos. I've used three different photo host sites over the years and they've all gone greedy. I don't have hours to sit behind the computer and retrain myself for jumping through different hoops and/or redoing thousands of links, again, repeatedly, over, ... . Internet access is expensive when one's business requires so much travel one can not justify a permanent address, and all the loading, reloading, uploading, etc., adds up. Every time Microsoft shoves another unwanted, uninvited upgrade package to Windows 10 it costs me $45 to $90 if I'm not hooked to a free source, and Microsoft runs those upgrades in the background, no way to shut them off. My opinion is turning to the notion that all techies are thieves selling tainted software, just like the government's they will never use against you. My next laptop will be Apple for that reason.

Old 12-26-2017, 07:38 PM   #14

Here:

Regards!

EDIT: Video seems to be down now

Juanro

Last edited by Juanro; 12-28-2017 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Original video is down

Old 12-26-2017, 07:59 PM   #15

Thanks Juanro.