Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2023, 10:31 AM   #1

Put The Intruder Into Service Today

Today was the day to insert the Intruder into the rotation for riding to work. That was really the only thing good about it. :(

The seating position was worse than I thought it would be. My back couldn't take it. Admittedly, my back is bad to begin with (L4-L5-S1), but this one can't stay in the stable very long.

Vibrations at interstate speeds were a bit much. my hands were tingling after 45 minutes on the bike riding it in.

My arms got a workout with the wind at speed. A small screen of some sort would help a lot.

On the positive side, other than vibes, the engine was very comfortable at highway speeds given that it's only a 5 speed. I don't think this one is going to make an iron butt trip though.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.