Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #1

Watch Out For Debit Card Skimming

This video says it all. As a point of interest, that's my nephew that discovered it!

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/Debit...016/story.html

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #2

Just hate people who don't turn in an honest effort for their money. :evil:

Old 04-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #3

It's quite annoying, I went to pay for something one time and it turned out TD cancelled my debit card, apparently it was used somewhere that people had been scamming cards... I was lucky I didn't go out an have a meal at a restaurant or stuck in the middle of nowhere at a gas station because they gave me no warning my card was cancelled... I had to phone and find out what was going on. They later phoned to notify me about it, approx 2 days later.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #4

i had someone steal my card, the bank cancelled, but being the person i am i got the charge list made the phone calls and managed to find the address where they had one of their meals delivered and also got a picture of the door to knock on (it was in another state) made many more calls to the credit card company local, state and the local police there. nothing was ever done :evil: my garage was broken into they know who done it,,,,nothing :evil: i just wonder whats this world is coming to
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 04-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #5

They told me they can't tell me anything about where the card might have been scammed from.

In the past, I had a $200 cable bill show up on my credit card, while I had never had cable, and it was billed from the next province over... The cable company fixed the issue for me before the credit card company ever did anything, they also said they were now investigating the guy for fraud, so hopefully they got in touch with the police.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #6

if the bill shows on your charges, like mine, it shows who got paid, google and get a phone # , call them give them your old card # and ask for the address. some people are helpful when you tell them its stolen,, some arent and its funny one place told me i would have to talk to the owner, then i asked for who was in charge of the credit card machine and they wouldnt be back for a week, a chinese restaurant told me you eat here you pay here we ask for id
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next