Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2016, 03:43 PM   #1

Recall Notice 2015-2016 RX3

Hey guys! Sorry for my long absence. I relocated to NY state and finally got all settled in. More about that at another time.

I just came across this recall notice. It basically is just a Brake Fluid sticker that is missing and will throw you out of compliance to state laws.
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/reca...e/#more-125617

Figured I would share if you have not already seen it. I have to go check my bike. For those that do not want to click on the link...here is what is said:

"CSC Motorcycles is recalling 392 units of its Cyclone model, as the motorcycles might not have a label that reminds the owners to clean the brake reservoir before adding brake fluid. and to use DOT 4 brake fluid from a sealed container.
The recall affects only 2015 and 2016 CSC Cyclone models, which were manufactured between April 4, 2015 and November 10, 2016, and comes about because the motorcycles thus fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 122, “Motorcycle Brake Systems”.
This is because the absence of this label could lead a CSC Cyclone owner to fill their bike with the wrong brake fluid, which could result in a crash, the recall has been issued.
As such, CSC Motorcycles will notify affected owners, and will provide the customer with the missing label, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin this month, December 2016.
Concerned owners may contact CSC Motorcycles’ customer service department at 1-800-884-4173, and reference CSC’s number for this recall: 16-0023810-18747-10."

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 12-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #2

Thanks for the info and re-surfacing! Hate to lose good members!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Thanks for the info and re-surfacing! Hate to lose good members!
Thanks! That really means a lot. It just took so long to get settled and every moved. It's my first move as a married woman. It was easier when it was just me. lol A few boxes, a motorcycle and my car. I didn't realize how much men collect!

Pay it Forward!

Old 12-15-2016, 06:02 PM   #4

Welcome back, Rania! And I too thank you for posting the recall info. I'll make sure to take the decal and add it to the folder where I keep the muffler decal.

I hope that you and your hubby are enjoying upstated, New York! If you think men have a lot of stuff, wait until you see the 2nd truckload arrive with all the boxes for the garage!

Old 12-16-2016, 06:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post

"CSC Motorcycles is recalling 392 units of its Cyclone model, as the motorcycles might not have a label that reminds the owners to clean the brake reservoir before adding brake fluid. and to use DOT 4 brake fluid from a sealed container.
The recall affects only 2015 and 2016 CSC Cyclone models, which were manufactured between April 4, 2015 and November 10, 2016
Interesting, does this indicate sales numbers for the RX3?

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 12-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Welcome back, Rania! And I too thank you for posting the recall info. I'll make sure to take the decal and add it to the folder where I keep the muffler decal.

I hope that you and your hubby are enjoying upstated, New York! If you think men have a lot of stuff, wait until you see the 2nd truckload arrive with all the boxes for the garage!

OMG...I was so laughing when you said that, cause I was thinking to do the same darn thing!
NY is beautiful! So much different than NYC. The mountains remind me of being in Tennessee in the Smokey's. Just beautiful!

Pay it Forward!

Old 12-16-2016, 08:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
Mark, they only mention dates. However, it does say that CSC will be calling those affected. In the meantime, you could reach out to them if you are concerned.

Pay it Forward!

Old 12-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #8

The recall notice mentioned less than 400 units so I'll take that as the number of RX3's sold in the US.....actually not bad when you consider the number of dealers (none) and the advertising budget (zero).

Rania, does the move to NY mean that you now have a real garage where you can work on the bikes? That alone will open up great possibilities. Next you can start looking for a Handy Lift (http://www.handyindustries.com). Welcome back to the campfire!

Peter Y.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
You are correct, Mark.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:40 AM   #10

So 200 bikes a year? Is that enough to stay afloat? Guess works out with the additional tt250 sales and oncoming rc3 s . Hope they watch their pennies.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-17-2016, 08:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post

Rania, does the move to NY mean that you now have a real garage where you can work on the bikes? That alone will open up great possibilities. Next you can start looking for a Handy Lift (http://www.handyindustries.com). Welcome back to the campfire!

Peter Y.
YES! We have a huge garage! I have my tool box, Luke has his huge SnapOn one. Both bikes with plenty of space to move around. The garage has power, so I can put my space heater in there and be just fine and cozy. There is room to roll the car in for changing oil and basic work on that too. I just can't fit the car and the bikes. Without putting the bikes a certain way. I want to work on them, so that isn't happening. The car can stay out in the snow.

Pay it Forward!

Old 12-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
So 200 bikes a year? Is that enough to stay afloat? Guess works out with the additional tt250 sales and oncoming rc3 s . Hope they watch their pennies.
Well, they sell parts and gear. They also are a full service repair shop. They must be holding their own. When I was working for RevZilla, I actually took a few calls from people that were just buying the RX3, TT250 and even the new RC3. People were looking for parts and accessories. I would just tell them to hit up CSC...you can't bet their prices. Parts are cheap for these bikes. Gear like helmets and jackets, sure you can buy that anywhere.

The new Naked bike should be a hit. If I had spare cash, I would have one of each model. Because why not! lol

Pay it Forward!

Old 12-17-2016, 10:48 AM   #13

Even if it's 200/year the key is keeping overhead low. CSC is a pretty lean operation. I think it's smart to grow slowly and steadily. Let's compare to Moto Guzzi NA. Guzzi sells about 350 V7 models in the US every year (that's a guess based on information the factory does release). Against that they have to carry an advertising budget big enough to pay for all those slick ads in the magazines. Then there is the cost of the regional reps, and head office folks. Somehow Guzzi NA has kept the doors open. Granted, the V7 sells for 2X what the RX3 sells for so there are more absolute dollars in play. Still, the overhead is a killer.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #14

welcome to the most beautiful part of the country Rania!!! I live up in Palmyra, other end of the lakes from you... LOL maybe we should meet up sometime! once this white crap is off the ground that is... LOL

Old 12-20-2016, 07:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
welcome to the most beautiful part of the country Rania!!! I live up in Palmyra, other end of the lakes from you... LOL maybe we should meet up sometime! once this white crap is off the ground that is... LOL
Sounds like a plan!!

Pay it Forward!