Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2023, 05:43 PM   #16

well if the PR250 (172fmm-5) engine fits in a tt250 frame you would get the same power/6gears...

Just comes down to the counterbalance case protrusion and head clearances...

Old 06-23-2023, 11:17 AM   #17

@Hunnicutt, XLsior: Your posts are extremely helpful. They are a bit off-topic, but so good, I'll should start a new thread.

Old 06-24-2023, 01:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunnicutt View Post
Welcome to China Riders!!!
I LOVE my TT250's. I get 63 MPG out of them. Max sustained speeds are 60-65 MPH. I'm 6' 1" tall and weigh 230+ pounds with full ATGATT. My body is a sail in a tropical storm at those speeds, which probably slows me down a bit.

I swapped the stock jets with a 112 and they all purr. They are torque monsters. I'm glad I bought them. At the time (October 2020) they were the best China Bike on the market. I'm a huge cheerleader for CSC Motorcycles.

That being said, I bought them before the KPX250 came out. If I were in the market for dual sports right now, I'd buy the KPX250 hands down. Fuel injected 6 speed with plenty of low-end grunt. LOTS of other members here got them and are absolutely thrilled with their choice. Please read through this thread (it's a Sticky) and every other thread on the KPX250.

https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31083

https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...d-street-legal
At that price...
2023 Honda XR150L
BASE MSRP: $2,971
Destination Charge: $200.00
Freight Surcharge: $100.00

https://powersports.honda.com/motorc...AaAgo_EALw_wcB

Although Idk if you could actually get it at that listed price lol.

Old 06-25-2023, 01:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7sithis View Post
At that price...
2023 Honda XR150L
BASE MSRP: $2,971
Destination Charge: $200.00
Freight Surcharge: $100.00

Although Idk if you could actually get it at that listed price lol.
The temptation to get an actual Honda is a good point. But, apparently, the KPX has upgrades that the Honda does not. Not to mention the top speed of the KPX makes it suitable for freeways.

The KPX is kind of like how the SS3 aka KPMini 150 out-Groms the Grom. The SS3 does it at around $500+ less than the Grom, whereas the KPX is around the same price.

Resale is probably where the Hondas would beat the Lifans in the long-term, but the Lifan bikes are starting to 'grow' on people, so they might not take significant hits on resale later on.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-25-2023, 03:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The temptation to get an actual Honda is a good point. But, apparently, the KPX has upgrades that the Honda does not. Not to mention the top speed of the KPX makes it suitable for freeways.

The KPX is kind of like how the SS3 aka KPMini 150 out-Groms the Grom. The SS3 does it at around $500+ less than the Grom, whereas the KPX is around the same price.

Resale is probably where the Hondas would beat the Lifans in the long-term, but the Lifan bikes are starting to 'grow' on people, so they might not take significant hits on resale later on.
I'm curious as to what these upgrades are?
From a quick google search
KPX 250 top speed stock - 80MPH
Honda XR150L top speed stock - 70MPH

Where I live the highest speed limit you will see is 65 - so either would do fine, with the honda just slightly behind. Personally, I would never take either on the highway/freeway, as I need something that can get up out of the way. (Speed limit may be 65 but everyone and their mom is doing 90)

My main reason for the honda over the KPX would be the warranty. Problems with the Honda would be Honda's problems to fix - Problems with Chinese bikes (KPX?) are typically your problems to fix.

Old 06-25-2023, 10:53 PM   #21

Rear disc brake (debatable) is one upgrade people would prefer (we have had this argument before with dual-sports--rear disc vs. drum). The KPX has upside down forks is another. Again, debatable as to how 'necessary' they are.

Lifan does have an actual warranty, but if you aren't buying from a brick-and-mortar dealership, you will have to have the parts shipped to you.

The Honda is a good choice over any Chinese bike as far as warranty goes and resale, but one has to resign themself to having a smaller engine which may or may not matter to some people; as you indicated, this is not an issue for you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-26-2023, 12:31 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Rear disc brake (debatable) is one upgrade people would prefer (we have had this argument before with dual-sports--rear disc vs. drum). The KPX has upside down forks is another. Again, debatable as to how 'necessary' they are.

Lifan does have an actual warranty, but if you aren't buying from a brick-and-mortar dealership, you will have to have the parts shipped to you.

The Honda is a good choice over any Chinese bike as far as warranty goes and resale, but one has to resign themself to having a smaller engine which may or may not matter to some people; as you indicated, this is not an issue for you.
I'm not trying to argue, I simply ask out of curiosity and for my own information.

Is the Lifan warranty any good? I have the X-pro hawk and the warranty was only 3 months long lol.

Funny reading that, considering it's still mostly a chinese bike lol, just with a japanese engine and some accessories thrown on it.

Oddly enough it has a smaller engine, yet it's superior to most of the larger Chinese engines, besides the KPX, that is.

I understand now, picking the KPX for performance reasons based on the stronger engine, top speed, and brakes. I'm just not someone who looks for performance from cheap bikes.

Old 06-26-2023, 01:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7sithis View Post
I'm not trying to argue, I simply ask out of curiosity and for my own information.

Is the Lifan warranty any good?
That is a good question. I don't recall hearing about anyone on here being serviced at an actual brick and mortar dealership or via mail for a warranty on their Lifan. Starting with the KPR200s and KPMinis and then with the proliferation of the X-Pect 200s leading to the numerous KPX 250s reported being purchased, hopefully someone can chime in!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Tags
tt250 csc help cg250