Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2024, 11:42 PM   #1

Db36 Mods/cosmetic ?

I need a new shifter lever not oem i know where to get oem
parts if you guys need anything https://www.orionpowersports.com/aftermarket-exhaust/

but what after markey parts work for a db 36 250 rx?

levers

exhuast

carbs
cdi box 6 pins
i found a perfect small battery on amazon but youll need the rubber thing wih the hooks so it doesntt slide back and fourth lmfaooo

battery style YTZ7S

Old 02-21-2024, 11:15 PM   #2

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Rx Db 36 View Post
I need a new shifter lever not oem i know where to get oem
parts if you guys need anything https://www.orionpowersports.com/aftermarket-exhaust/

but what after markey parts work for a db 36 250 rx?

levers

exhuast

carbs
cdi box 6 pins
i found a perfect small battery on amazon but youll need the rubber thing wih the hooks so it doesntt slide back and fourth lmfaooo

battery style YTZ7S
Soooo lets start from the beginning on what I have discovered so far with my DB 36 I purchased last June.

#1 thing I thought I needed was a carb I could adjust, First I purchased a Nibbi FL-28 which would probably be perfect for the bike if it fit, the problem with the Nibbi flange model.is it pushes the carb back just barely too far on the bike where the throttle tube hits on the subframe, scratch that idea I instead went with a generic PZ 30 that wasnt tamper proof so I could rejet and adjust the mixture, for my bike a 40 pilot, 105 main, needle 3rd notch from the top and 1 1/4 out on the mixture was the sweet spot.

I say I thought I needed a carb when infact I think the issue with my bike initially was the valves were too tight causeing the bike to run rough once it warmed up when the valves couldnt fully close, I would highly recommend adjusting valves first thing.

Everything else I have done to the bike has been for my comfort of ride. For me the DB 36 handlebars were way too high, I actually cut the lower portion of the handlebar risers in half and put a shorter 70mm set of phoenix handlebars on the bike. Also during this I replaced the stock throttle tube with an aluminum one from Tige sold on Amazon as well as a stubby clutch lever from Tige which were both plug and play. Ive also replaced my shifter with the JFG racing shifter on amazon which is much shorter than the orginal but more comfortable for me. As far as the battery I got the closest size gel battery from OReillys and cut out one side of the battery box. I have also replaced the chain with an o-ring chain from Niche.

I will say with these modifications I love the bike, I rode a crf over the weekend and I genuinely like my Apollo better than it, 120 hours on it and going strong.

Old 02-23-2024, 06:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWBTR View Post
Soooo lets start from the beginning on what I have discovered so far with my DB 36 I purchased last June.

#1 thing I thought I needed was a carb I could adjust, First I purchased a Nibbi FL-28 which would probably be perfect for the bike if it fit, the problem with the Nibbi flange model.is it pushes the carb back just barely too far on the bike where the throttle tube hits on the subframe, scratch that idea I instead went with a generic PZ 30 that wasnt tamper proof so I could rejet and adjust the mixture, for my bike a 40 pilot, 105 main, needle 3rd notch from the top and 1 1/4 out on the mixture was the sweet spot.

I say I thought I needed a carb when infact I think the issue with my bike initially was the valves were too tight causeing the bike to run rough once it warmed up when the valves couldnt fully close, I would highly recommend adjusting valves first thing.

Everything else I have done to the bike has been for my comfort of ride. For me the DB 36 handlebars were way too high, I actually cut the lower portion of the handlebar risers in half and put a shorter 70mm set of phoenix handlebars on the bike. Also during this I replaced the stock throttle tube with an aluminum one from Tige sold on Amazon as well as a stubby clutch lever from Tige which were both plug and play. Ive also replaced my shifter with the JFG racing shifter on amazon which is much shorter than the orginal but more comfortable for me. As far as the battery I got the closest size gel battery from OReillys and cut out one side of the battery box. I have also replaced the chain with an o-ring chain from Niche.

I will say with these modifications I love the bike, I rode a crf over the weekend and I genuinely like my Apollo better than it, 120 hours on it and going strong.

So this shifter would work and I love to get a new carb everthing i got on it is stock right nowhttps://www.amazon.com/JFG-RACING-Mo...e58ef977a56467

Last edited by 250Rx Db 36; 02-23-2024 at 06:50 PM. Reason: forgot amazon linke

Old 03-05-2024, 09:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Rx Db 36 View Post
So this shifter would work and I love to get a new carb everthing i got on it is stock right nowhttps://www.amazon.com/JFG-RACING-Mo...e58ef977a56467
Yep that one works, but is shorter than stock.