Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #1

OK, I got my bike

Ok Guys,
I got the Zongshen Sierra 200.

I went ahead and bought it from Scooter Escapes in St. Petersburg FL. I tried to talk them down to $1200.00 for it but the owner would only go as low as $1600.00.

But for that I knew exactly which bike I was getting, that it had 1.5 KM on the odometer that they would do the prep work and take care of the paperwork. So after taxes and fees out the door I paid $2000.00.

I took it on the road today and toped out at 62mph with my 240 lbs on it.

The Zongshen does have it’s quirks though, The choke lever is located on the left handle bar between the grip and the turn signal switch and when it is in the full open position it blocks thumb access to switch.

Speaking of the choke it has a ratchet action that isn’t firm enough to overcome the spring that is pulling it into the closed position. So the idle starts creeping up as the choke slowly closes. I wired it open for now but I will be returning to the dealer for that. I pulled the plastics off to see if there is an adjustment for the choke spring at the engine side but there isn’t.

The front fork guards are about a ½ inch to tall for these forks in my opinion. When the forks are fully compressed they hit the reflectors on the fork sides.

I was surprised that the fuel tank is steel, under the plastic covers. The paint on the tank is decent too. The service technician at the shop mentioned that he is thinking of buying one and pulling all the plastic off and riding it like a standard. It came with street tires, witch is ok with me since that is where I will be doing all of my riding for now. At some point I may want to get another set of wheals and mount some knobies.

So far I am pretty happy with it. here is the link to the pics http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/...g2_itemId=2738
I guess it is time for me to change my avitar.