Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2024, 11:14 AM   #1

Tbr7 wheels on a hawk

Surely someone has done this? I did a quick search and I found a guy SAYING he was gonna do it....but never updated. lol. Seems common.

Anywho, back to modding the hawk...I've got new forks and a zx10r shock on the way. I've got a weird issue with my front end where my tire is closer to the shock on the brake side than it should be. I trued the wheel and it helped some...but not quite fully. If the new forks don't fix it was thinking of trying a whole new rim next....

Tbr7 rim should fit, right? Forks are the same...rim should be the same.

2 inches smaller, though. But way cheaper lol

Has anyone done a full swap(front and back)? I imagine finding more street-oriented tires for the tbr7 (17/19) is easier? Anything I need to consider before hand? My speedo will need settings changing....probably have to adjust the chain?

Just trying to consider all factors before blowing the money on rims, tires and tubes.... would love to get some knobbies for the larger setup and street tires for the tbr7 setup and be able to switch on "the fly". Suppose I would need another set of rotors and a rear sprocket for that.

Thoughts/opinions?

Edit- 100th post bby lets gooooooo

Old 04-05-2024, 01:07 PM   #2

I would say they would work , just fine. More people have probably used Hawk wheels on their TBR7 than vice versa. Your speed O will obviously be thrown off.