Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2018, 05:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineman55 View Post
The Lifan Mini is a lot of bike for $1995.
who in the states is selling them currently?

Old 05-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
who in the states is selling them currently?
Woods Addict Cycles in Wisconsin. Another poster said good things about the guy and I sent him an email inquiry. He got right back to me. His pricing is in line and shipping to NJ was fair enough. I called him up and spoke about the bikes, he's a really good guy and I'm glad I gave him my business. His name is Kurt.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceasar1010 View Post
I know im new here but I literally just got a Lifan KP Mini a few weeks ago. I cant find anything on it so I made a video. There is more on the channel.

P.S. if this is not allowed please remove this post. I am super new here.
Most of the videos I have seen are either commercials from Lifan, or Russia bike reviews (one of them, the reviewer is flying ahead of traffic, so it definitely looks like it has power), or Asian reviews.

There is a series of riding videos taken from the helmet cam of a guy on a Hawk 250, with his buddy riding a Lifan. They admitted the videos are boring, but the point was he wanted to show that neither bike, being Chinese, fell apart after hundreds of miles. The guy on the Hawk did mention that it was difficult for him to keep up with the Mini, as I remember his Hawk was pretty much stock.

Edit: just watched your video, and you already mentioned the same ones I saw, LOL--I posted before watching...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-02-2018, 11:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
That Benelli looks pretty cool except for the fugly rear fender thing. Looks like it would be easy enough to remove though.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #20

Someone posted on my video a comment of the only authorized dealer that is allowed to ship the bike. It’s prommising because I’ve seen videos where people got them in a crate.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Someone posted on my video a comment of the only authorized dealer that is allowed to ship the bike. It’s prommising because I’ve seen videos where people got them in a crate.
I think this is true. I was told the bike is fully assembled, tested and ready to rock. I could only find Lifans, SSRs and Benellis at Brick and Morter dealers.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #22

Quote:
That was me--the other guy with Lifan videos, RJ Gould, his friend with the Lifan ordered his through Red Oak Cycles in Red Oak Texas. Lifan did this before when they were in the US ten or so years ago--one dealer was authorized to mail order their bikes, and come to think of it, it might have been Red Oak back then.

Funny enough, there is a Lifan dealer here in So. Cal. who offers the Mini, but states in their posting for pickup only; the reason I find it odd is the Mini is not street legal for California. I guess, when I first learned of these bikes a year or so ago, American Lifan had a press release of a track day, showing non-street-legal bikes being ridden around a track somewhere in China, I thought Lifan should promote their bikes in such a manner of a low-cost track bike. In other words, Californians could participate, in theory.

The ray of hope is that the last time I called American Lifan, they said they are working on a fuel-injected version of the Mini, and are supposedly working on CARB certification.

Before assuming this is the dealer, I do suggest calling them to make sure they can mail-order the Mini to you:
https://www.redoakcycles.com/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Thanks Chinabike. I guess the only downside to the Benelli is the after market support. I think I'll be happy with it out of the box so not a deal breaker for me. Another poster here recommended Woods Addict Cycles in Wisconsin. Kurt there was really helpful and I'd rather give him the business than buy from the local dealers as I have not had a good experience so far with these people. He had the Razkull,Lifan and Benelli and swore by the Benelli if it was in my budget. My other bike is an old Harley Sportster. It is a temperamental beast. I'm looking forward to not fixing a bike every few times I ride it.
I bought my Kp from Kurt, great guy very helpful and knows his bikes. If you're just going to scoot around on the kp then it would be perfect.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Woods Addict Cycles in Wisconsin. Another poster said good things about the guy and I sent him an email inquiry. He got right back to me. His pricing is in line and shipping to NJ was fair enough. I called him up and spoke about the bikes, he's a really good guy and I'm glad I gave him my business. His name is Kurt.
I got to meet him in person when I bought mine. Great guy, totally recommend buying from Kurt.