Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2018, 04:40 PM   #1

Lifan kp mini 150!!

So as the title says I'm going to be picking up a KP mini 150 from a Lifan dealer tomorrow here in the midwest!! I've thought long and hard about which mini to get and the Lifan just seems like the best deal to performance ratio. I haven't seen any one really make the plunge yet so I will and I'll keep you guys updated on it. I would have went the Tao Tao route but I'm going to do long distance rides with groms and such and not sure if the tao tao would hang so I went with the lifan. If you guys think I'm making a mistake than let me know before!! haha

Old 01-26-2018, 06:34 PM   #2

The Lifan KP150 is a very nice bike. I checked it out last year at the AIMExpo in Columbus, Ohio. I looked at all the bikes on the playbike category. The Lifan was high on my list and it’s a great deal for the money too. My final choice was the KYMCO Spade because of its 4-valve head and counter-balanced engine. The Spade costs $1000 more though. My health requires a counter-balanced engine.

Please post pictures and tell us about your buying experience. I don’t think you’ll go wrong with Lifan. They make some nice bikes. My Spade thread is in the Street section.

Congrats!

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 01-26-2018, 07:09 PM   #3

I am not sure if either guy is a member here, but the guy filming owns a Hawk and obviously the guy on camera just bought a new Lifan KP Mini. There is actually a series of videos from 'RJ Gould' from when the two of them went for a long ride together. They admit that the videos aren't too exciting, but wanted to post them to show that one can take China bikes on long-ish rides. RJ Gould on the Hawk mentioned on some of the videos that he couldn't keep up with the Lifan.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-28-2018, 10:28 PM   #4

I can see the KP150 and similar bikes stealing a lot of customers from the motor scooter industry (I'm a scooter owner). Scooters have more storage space but the KP150 looks to be easier to maintain and it can go off road.

Old 06-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #5

Get it

Me and one of my good buddies both order a kp mini 150. They should be delivered to my house some time next week. I can't wait. I've already been scouting parts to make my own exhaust and to retrofit a better carb. I wish the aftermarket support was there for these bikes.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:24 PM   #6

Is there a web site to buy them from, or can they only be purchased in store?

How much do one of these units cost?

Old 06-01-2018, 07:26 PM   #7

Member Caesar1010 started a thread about his experiences and has several youtube videos on modifications he has done.

Lifan has a factory performance exhaust available as a dealer option. Caesar1010 might know a carb for the bike, or he might be researching them. Aftermarket will start becoming more available as these start getting more popular. I do have a connection to the exhaust if you are hands on and prefer to do the work yourself as I believe they are supposed to be a dealer installed option.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21233

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Last edited by culcune; 06-01-2018 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Adding the thread

Old 06-24-2018, 12:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Member Caesar1010 started a thread about his experiences and has several youtube videos on modifications he has done.

Lifan has a factory performance exhaust available as a dealer option. Caesar1010 might know a carb for the bike, or he might be researching them. Aftermarket will start becoming more available as these start getting more popular. I do have a connection to the exhaust if you are hands on and prefer to do the work yourself as I believe they are supposed to be a dealer installed option.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpA...04mrwxaHa4Hkdg

Thanks! Man, you will love it. It has its flaws being first gen and all but I love it. I rode 70+ freeway miles all around Houston (death freeways) in a small 3 pack and it was a blast. Of course I swapped my rear sprocket to a T34 from a T36 and 5th gear is pretty much a freeway gear now.

P.S. My rear fender mod? Be sure to loctite your bolts. My license plate fell off on the freeway and my friend drove backward on the service lane to get it. I yelled for me to not do it but I cant control what other people do.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceasar1010 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpA...04mrwxaHa4Hkdg

Thanks! Man, you will love it. It has its flaws being first gen and all but I love it. I rode 70+ freeway miles all around Houston (death freeways) in a small 3 pack and it was a blast. Of course I swapped my rear sprocket to a T34 from a T36 and 5th gear is pretty much a freeway gear now.

P.S. My rear fender mod? Be sure to loctite your bolts. My license plate fell off on the freeway and my friend drove backward on the service lane to get it. I yelled for me to not do it but I cant control what other people do.
What is your top speed now? You went taller on the gearing for acceleration, but does it affect top speed? Or does the exhaust put all things equal? There is something about these bikes and license plates falling off, lol.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-24-2018, 10:03 PM   #10

Quote:
What is your top speed now? You went taller on the gearing for acceleration, but does it affect top speed? Or does the exhaust put all things equal? There is something about these bikes and license plates falling off, lol.
Don't have the exhaust yet :( sadly - but maybe in the middle of next month. I haven't really done a top speed run because I was riding with a bunch of groms and didn't want to leave them behind and make them feel bad.

Got the plate back on but now I'm paranoid its gonna fall off. Tomorrow I will record a speed test with the current mods. We will see, I'm on vacation so all I have time for is to do videos (and play with the kids).

Old 01-09-2019, 01:17 PM   #11

Where can I get the exhaust? I have no problem doing the work myself.
Thanks,
Chris

Old 01-09-2019, 04:05 PM   #12

Quote:

if i remember correctly didnt his lifan motor inhale a bolt or nut? what ever happened after that?

Old 01-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #13

He has been posting videos on youtube. Not sure if he has been here before or after his accident, but he hit his front brake trying to avoid a guy doing wheelies during a group ride, dropped his bike, and broke his collarbone, but has since been back on the Lifan. Of course, this was after he got his bike running.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150