Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #16

Yeah, doc, I understand the distance problem. Just a week before my wife bought the Hensim for me she saw a 05 700 PoPo on craigslist the guy wanted 2600.00 for with 350mi. Wow, we thought after looking at the pics. It was darn nice looking, but he was in montana. Besides, I'm not a big polaris fan anyway. I like a challenge, hence the reason we ride mic quads, but polaris is to much of a challenge. I read and hear to many problems with them to want one that bad 8O

So true on the happy wife, W@G. I might still buy that 400. According to the guy that has it all it needs is the a shifter pawl that sits just inside the flywheel housing. An easy fix if the part is available. The problem is, he traded for it after someone had taken the broken pawl out and appearently tossed it. Might be able to fab one if I knew what it looked like.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
. I read and hear to many problems with them to want one that bad 8O
So true, you don't wanna hear the stories from my friend with a Sportsman 500. It's one thing to put up with maintenance/reliability issues on an inexpensive Chinese quad but when you drop ~$8k CAD expectations are raised.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 02-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #18

I have a friend considering a 700 polaris too. I told him to stay away unless its really cheap. I didn't mind the little problems with my china bikes. I didn't pay much for them and it was expected.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #19

Defintly all the way. In the fall of 83 I bought one of the first quads built, the LT125 suzi. It was a darn good machine and lasted 15 yrs before I gave it to a friend. I gave 1200.00 for it then. When I think back about it, the china quads remind me alot of it's simple old school design. Sure they have a few problems, but in my opinion they're worth the money.