Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2023, 10:43 AM   #1

Bucks Lifan KPX 250

Well I did it. Pulled the trigger on the KPX from Venom. After some negotiations I was able to come to a deal at a minor discount from the website. I see some sites do have it listed for right at $3k but but the reviews of Venom on this sight and the little bit of extra warranty may be worth the ext $50 bucks.
A little background on myself seems to be in order. I am a very seasoned rider. I have had many, many bikes over the past 15 years. I use to pick up “projects” all the time over the winter months and fix them up.
Last year I sold off my last two bikes, one was a GSX650F and the other “my wifes” 2016 Ninja 650. Both amazing bikes, true “point in a direction & ride” bikes. But they both had literally sat for 2 ½ yeas. I have a 5y/o and neither of us have an opportunity to ride these days. This left me bike-less last year. I just feel uncomfortable without something setting around atleast, even if I never ride it.
I am also a Motorcycle instructor here in Ohio. Have been for years. Weeeellllll, Im enrolled to be certified in the new class here in ohio that allows students to ride there own bike in the course. So I will actually need my own bike to ride. Using this as an “excuse” I begun looking.
I don’t need another “project”. I don’t really have the time. I was eyeballing the Hawk 250 EFI really hard and just considering going “cheap” and keep a dirt-bike in the back shed. Im sure it would have been fine for my very limited needs but then I caught some images of the KPX. I didn’t realize this was actually a completely different bike from Hawk. I was also really looking at the KPM 200, but the styling just wasn’t quit doing it for me.
Back in 2016 I also purchased a brand new CRF 250L. I liked the bike, but it was to slow for me, atleast back then it was. I fully understand that this KPX is the same, if not less power and im kinda ok with that. If I dig around on the used market I can find 250L’s for the 3500$ range. But honestly, I don’t care for the headache of dealing with a privet party sale. Something about the convenience of setting on my couch, texting a sales guy on my phone. They sent me a custom invoice and then just pay via PayPal. Lol really? That easy? I hope so, we will see. Should be here within a few weeks. Perhaps Ill put an assembly video together, but there seems to be a lot of those already on Youtube.