Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2011, 01:40 AM   #1

who rides the zongshen250gs? Please post here!!!

Thanks David,..Weldngrind!!!!! it was amazing to get her running again..wanted to just give up like Doc did and hand my problems over to someonelse. But i pushed through...Thanks again Doc....you had a hand in this too....if youre reading this.....
NOw I may have misinterpreted about the neutral gear situation. As a rule, i too leave it in 1st when coming to a stop without thinking about it.. But as i had mentioned../ Sometimes its really hard to get it back into neutral though, when i stop for a bit.
I did change the oil in the crankcase with Castrol GTX formulated for motorcycles 10w40 before taking it out the other day. Maybe everything has to wear in as it only has 500 miles on it now?
So i take you ride the same model,..You as well Weldngrind? Is there an initial adjustment to begin with on the cable located at the crankcase?.... , or is it by feel in response? Maybe you can direct me in the right direction......
Weldandgrind.....shes idling around 1150 just before the lights flicker to substantially charge the battery correctly. The dipstick appears to show signs of interference with a gear somehow,.. so thats why i wanted to remove it to prevent any further damage.
But if youre saying that its ok to remove the dipstick so as far as i can still get a correct oil level through the site glass,. ill gladly take your advice...!
Well fellows....thanks again for your advice...im just a little closer to working the kinks out!!
You know now that im thinking about it....i do have another question... Once i run through the gears and get her up to around 55 maybe 60...i can hear the valves kinda ticking or as if the lifters or raising a little cain.
Although its hard to hear anything going down the road besides wind noise,...,,,,I do have a keen ear when it comes to engine sounds.... but IMO, being the rpms are running 55 to 6k at that speed,,.. they probably have a right to make a litle noise.? ? anything up to around 50mph sounds comfortable.... is it me or just thinking too deeply.?
Thanks Bobby...