Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2016, 01:27 AM   #31

Where did you end up getting the spokes and rim from?

Old 10-10-2016, 02:19 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Where did you end up getting the spokes and rim from?
I ended up buying the rim which came with spokes already at http://www.myscootersandatvs.com I called them first and they told me to just email them what I was looking for and they would respond with prices. I did everything through email. For the Rim with spokes already installed was $80. I did not get to choose rim color not sure if i had the option. But i like the black rim better. I also ordered the front forks and that was $100 for the set. If you should need any more info just shoot me a message.

Old 10-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneedeepinit View Post
Awesome Thank you for the advice/info. I don't currently own a multimeter But i will get one asap and test everything. And i didn't know about batterystuff.com I will check that site out.

You're welcome.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:39 PM   #34

Quote:
I ended up buying the rim which came with spokes already at http://www.myscootersandatvs.com I called them first and they told me to just email them what I was looking for and they would respond with prices. I did everything through email. For the Rim with spokes already installed was $80. I did not get to choose rim color not sure if i had the option. But i like the black rim better. I also ordered the front forks and that was $100 for the set. If you should need any more info just shoot me a message.
Nice find, (RPS wants $150 for the rim and $100 a piece for the forks). I'll PM you later a few questions.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:51 PM   #35

I forgot to mention.If you drop a bike with a wet cell battery,the acid will run out of the vent and get everywhere.An AGM battery is completely sealed, and has gel instead of a water based electrolyte solution for charging.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:51 PM   #36

Quote:
That is where I bought my Hawk.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #37

Quote:
Hello everyone, It's been sometime since I first put this post up. I have recently been able to get the parts needed to fix my Hawk. I replaced the Upper connecting plate, front fork set, and Front rim/ innertube. As you can imagine i'm super happy. A couple things on the bike were kinda frozen in place I guess from not getting used. So i had to remove the throttle and went through it just making sure everything was clean. Didn't really see why the throttle was sticking but after removing and putting back togther it seems to work fine. And the other thing I had to play with was my clutch as it wasn't engaging and disengaging properly. I would have the bike in neutral and when i engaged the throttle and drop bike into first and still had clutch pulled in it would give a little hop and stall out. I was able to follow the clutch line and clean what i could. I also clean the clutch arm (silver thing that the clutch line runs too.) It seemed pretty stiff so i cleaned it up. After that I was able to put bike in and out of gear without to much problem. It does still feel a little off to me. Any suggestions?? The last problem I seem to be having is the starter (possibly) and Battery. I tried to start the bike and I was getting a lot of just clicking sounds when trying to use electric start. So I just decided to kick start it. which worked. After i got the bike up and running I took it for a very small ride down the block and back. After i got back to the house I noticed fluid Dripping from Battery. Took some paint of the bike and everyting. So any suggestions to these problems or any Advice is greatly apperciated. I have added some pictures of my bike put back togther and also where the Battery was leaking. I think I would like to change the battery and starter out if anyone has some good upgrades they could suggest. Thank you all for your help and suggestions!

SaveSave
Save
Save
Hey Kneedeepint, did you purchase your inner tube from that same site as well? http://www.myscootersandatvs.com i need a new inner tube for my bike.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:11 PM   #38

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/search?term=sti+tube

I bought the STI HD tubes. They are 2mm thick and the two models above them are 3 and 4mm thick.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #39

[QUOTE/]I bought the STI HD tubes. They are 2mm thick and the two models above them are 3 and 4mm thick.[/QUOTE]
Can you share what sizes you ordered for the Hawk ?