Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2017, 03:04 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradogoose View Post
...Also, did you happen to take measurements of the hub or know if they have them in their database now for calculating spoke lengths? I would love to have the spokes ready and waiting so I can lace the 21 as soon as the bike gets here. Thanks a ton, reading all your threads has been a great inspiration for getting an RX3!
I told Buchanan's to record my order number so I can reorder the custom spokes again, without sending in sample spokes. If you like, I will check my records and find the order number for you. Using this order number, you can directly order the spokes without taking any measurements, et cetera.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-28-2017, 04:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I told Buchanan's to record my order number so I can reorder the custom spokes again, without sending in sample spokes. If you like, I will check my records and find the order number for you. Using this order number, you can directly order the spokes without taking any measurements, et cetera.
If you are able to do that, that would be great! That's how Woody's did the spokes on my last build. It was on a Gen 1 KLR front hub and they had the data in their system. I really appreciate the time you are taking to help me out with this.

Old 04-28-2017, 04:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradogoose View Post
If you are able to do that, that would be great! That's how Woody's did the spokes on my last build. It was on a Gen 1 KLR front hub and they had the data in their system. I really appreciate the time you are taking to help me out with this.
You are very welcome. We are glad you joined us, and we are always happy to help.

I need to look through my records. Give me a day or two, and I will post my Buchanan's order number for the 21-inch spokes for the RX3 front wheel.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-02-2017, 12:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
You are very welcome. We are glad you joined us, and we are always happy to help.

I need to look through my records. Give me a day or two, and I will post my Buchanan's order number for the 21-inch spokes for the RX3 front wheel.
Spud,
Any updates on this? Also, do you recall what kind of turn around time they had to make and ship the custom spokes?

Old 05-02-2017, 02:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC View Post
Spud,
Any updates on this? Also, do you recall what kind of turn around time they had to make and ship the custom spokes?
Yes, I'm very confident I found the correct spoke information for Coloradogoose. I will call Buchanan's tomorrow morning to confirm I have the right data.

After they receive your order, I think it takes about 4-7 work days before Buchanan's can manufacture the spokes. After the spokes are completed they call you to confirm your order, and accept payment. If you pay by credit card, they ship the spokes by UPS that day. It will probably take about 2-3 business days for your spokes to arrive in either Portland, or Colorado, from Azusa, CA.

I believe it costs $104 for 36, single gauge spokes with stainless steel nipples. I think they charge about $10 for shipping.

Did you order your rim? They will want to know the diameter of the spoke hole so they can send you the correct size nipples. If you plan to order a Warp9 rim, which I recommend, I can measure the diameter of the spoke nipples for you.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220