Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #31

Yeah I am going to take it over first thing in the morning and drop it off. At this rate, I may be pushing it half way there. it is really bad at this point.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #32

They now have the bike. I don't think they are taking me seriously which is borderline pizzing me off at this point, but I believe in giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. This morning when started the bike made a weird howling sound and by the time I was 4 miles down the road the vibrations were really bad. Once again, pull in clutch and vibes are gone.

So has it been only the counterbalanced motors which show the transmission problems for you guys?

Old 03-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #33

Quote:
They now have the bike. I don't think they are taking me seriously which is borderline pizzing me off at this point, but I believe in giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. This morning when started the bike made a weird howling sound and by the time I was 4 miles down the road the vibrations were really bad. Once again, pull in clutch and vibes are gone.

So has it been only the counterbalanced motors which show the transmission problems for you guys?
Mine is the old-style, no counterbalancer. I made sure I drove mine to the dealer and had him ride it before it cooled off. He was itching for the prep-H after about a mile.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 03-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #34

I had my counterbalanced motor die and after installing the non counterbalanced ohc motor I realized that it doesn't vibrate any more or less than the counterbalanced did. I think that the trannys are definately the weak spot with these bikes. Hope the new motor holds up.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #35

Matt there may be other factors involved in that, I know my counter balanced engine is incredibly smooth compared to the non balanced one I had, although it wasn't a problem.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #36

It may have something to do with the fact that the new motor I purchased is an ohc type. I don't know if they tend to be smoother, but in all actuality I don't think that either of the engines vibrated anymore than should be expected. These are single cylinder motors not honda goldwings and it seems to me that a little vibration should be expected. when I was kid I had several two smoker mx bikes that would make you pee red if you rode them all day so I guess I don't expect much in the vibration catagory.

Btw your gy6 looks to be a much better engineered bike than the supposed grey market that I bought.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT
I had my counterbalanced motor die and after installing the non counterbalanced ohc motor I realized that it doesn't vibrate any more or less than the counterbalanced did. I think that the trannys are definately the weak spot with these bikes. Hope the new motor holds up.
According to AL they've not had any reports of problems with the trannies on these bikes. That is hopefully good news for me.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #38

Good luck Zapkin, Matt what bike do you have?

Like I said with my 5, uncounterbalanced, there wasn't any unnexpected vibration (until the motor mount broke), but the balanced one is incredible.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:43 AM   #39

I have a rabbit scooters/galata motorsports/lifan wholesalers 2007 model gy5. Weird thing is that some of the other members on this forum purchased bikes from them after I did and they didn't get the counterbalanced motor. Oh well I guess I am paying for my hasty decisions now.

Hey Zap I know that American Lifan is supposed to have a better quality bike than I do but I have to doubt the truth in that statement. They had to have some tranny problems.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #40

The only ones so far that I know of are the Non A. Lifan bikes with the counter balanced engines, that have had transmission problems. I tried to get parts for them but at the time they didn't have parts in the country. The parts are on there way though.

There where some problems with the earlier A. Lifan {2005-2006 LF200GY-5} bikes that had to do with the clutch drum & the cogs/splines that where not correct, but that was corrected in 2006.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 03-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #41

4500 miles and my trans is holding up. Regular (ab)use. I have a may 2006 built bike with the pushrod motor.

Allen

Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #42

I am hoping that it is something simple that I overlooked. The dang thing is running so good right now, except for the vibes. I miss it already. But, I always have had a habit of attaching myself to my car or bicycle or whatever. Heck, my cats all think they are human.

at least the weather is going to be crap for the next week. so i wont be jonesing to ride.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT
I have a rabbit scooters/galata motorsports/lifan wholesalers 2007 model gy5.
Oh ok, yeah yours is probably pretty similair to my old gy5 then, I just saw you said my gy6 was engineered better then your grey market one I thought maybe you found a gy6 down there somewhere... I don't think there is really anything wrong with the gy5 in general, mine was a lot of fun, but I really like the new one too.

Zapkin, good luck, how long do they figure they'll have it before you get it back?

Old 03-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #44

Jim, I am not sure. There were other bike's in there to be fixed so I figure im in line behind them. I am sure they have bigger fish on their platter than me so I will be patient.

i will feel like a fool if it is something stupid i overlooked but at the same time I'll be happy.