Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2017, 08:51 PM   #1

Hello from Plano, TX

Hi boys & girls,

I wanted to join the group to meet some fellow Hawk 250 owners before I actually start to learn how to ride. This will be my first bike. I've already put the bike on a payment plan because I don't want to finance my first bike until I fully learn how to ride so I can purchase a cafe racer after. Here's the bike! I drove all the way to Grand Prairie, TX to check it out and start the process.

I would like to join up with other female riders if there are any. If not, if there are guys that would care to take a girl under their wing and teach her the ropes of the road I would be much appreciative. With this bike, I will be loading up the old truck to head outside of dallas and hit up some trails. I have decided to learn how to ride off-road first then ride the bike on the streets after I am 100% positive I have full control.

Here's my future first new bike!!

Old 07-21-2017, 10:04 PM   #2

Welcome aboard. We have a few Texas member her. I'm sure one of them will chime in. The Hawk is a good bike when maintain regularly. Just head strait to the dual sport section. There's lots of good reading there.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 07-22-2017, 01:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IISanitariumII View Post
Hi boys & girls,

I wanted to join the group to meet some fellow Hawk 250 owners before I actually start to learn how to ride. This will be my first bike. I've already put the bike on a payment plan because I don't want to finance my first bike until I fully learn how to ride so I can purchase a cafe racer after. Here's the bike! I drove all the way to Grand Prairie, TX to check it out and start the process.

I would like to join up with other female riders if there are any. If not, if there are guys that would care to take a girl under their wing and teach her the ropes of the road I would be much appreciative. With this bike, I will be loading up the old truck to head outside of dallas and hit up some trails. I have decided to learn how to ride off-road first then ride the bike on the streets after I am 100% positive I have full control.

Here's my future first new bike!!
Did those decals come on your Hawk?

That person has a Hawk but all of us can help and give bit of funny stuff.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19508

Old 07-22-2017, 10:54 AM   #4

Welcome!

Old 07-22-2017, 12:58 PM   #5

Welcome aboard. Not sure if there are many other gals on here besides 1 in Florida that I know of. Women are a very small minority in the world of bikes, although I have noticed more and more are taking an interest in the 2 wheeled life. I bet you can find someone local easy enough.

Starting in the dirt is a good idea, but if you are doing so because you believe you are less prone to injury, then just know that hard sharp objects are everywhere, and often harder to see. Protective gear is always a good idea no matter where you ride. The only difference in the dirt is a lack of cars.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
Did those decals come on your Hawk?

That person has a Hawk but all of us can help and give bit of funny stuff.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19508
Yes they do, I even asked the guy the same question lol.
I was like I never seen these decals on any of the videos before. Maybe it's there stamp or something yea?

Last edited by IISanitariumII; 07-22-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Typo

Old 07-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #7

Welcome! how's Plano? used to live there 20 years ago.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IISanitariumII View Post
Yes they do, I even asked the guy the same question lol.
I was like I never seen these decals on any of the videos before. Maybe it's there stamp or something yea?
They are using the decals that Hawk250 made. I bought the red and the black ones. They come in sheets of 4.

https://www.zazzle.com/s/hawk250

Old 07-22-2017, 08:13 PM   #9

I believe since 2009 texas motorcyclists require the weekend , $250 course to get the M on your licence so just be aware of that. This will make a confident rider of you. Texas has 2 trailers i believe full of motorcycles (they may use Honda grom's now) that park around the state and teach the course every weekend. Mine was at a local junior college. And yes get the basics worked out off road before you go for the certification.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLice...cleLicense.htm

Also, know your way around a toolbox, you will be using them. (Garage light and Texas bugs, ask me how I know)

Good luck, PS, my instructor was a girl that road a BIG harley.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-23-2017, 09:44 PM   #10

Welcome aboard and congratulations on starting the process towards your first bike! The mandatory class is a great thing....it will help build your confidence and make you a safer and better rider.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-24-2017, 12:13 PM   #11

Welcome! Learning in the dirt is a great way to develop your skills. I recommend suitable body protection for that.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-28-2017, 05:53 AM   #12

Hehe Great information

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I believe since 2009 texas motorcyclists require the weekend , $250 course to get the M on your licence so just be aware of that. This will make a confident rider of you. Texas has 2 trailers i believe full of motorcycles (they may use Honda grom's now) that park around the state and teach the course every weekend. Mine was at a local junior college. And yes get the basics worked out off road before you go for the certification.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLice...cleLicense.htm

Also, know your way around a toolbox, you will be using them. (Garage light and Texas bugs, ask me how I know)

Good luck, PS, my instructor was a girl that road a BIG harley.

This just pointed me in the right direction. Wow thank you so much.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:01 AM   #13

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
Welcome! how's Plano? used to live there 20 years ago.
It's overly congested now since Toyata has moved in. 5000 more cars have been added to the roads :(. Now you see why I want a bike lol. I'm moving back to North Frisco to kind of get away from it all for a while.

Even though I travel 33 miles back and forth to Irving for work. Yikes!!!

Tags
beginner, dallas, hawk 250, newbie