Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2020, 10:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeus685 View Post
Nice.. I am going to keep an eye on how you mod out your bike. Yes: I have the same problem with a vapor lock happening that shuts the engine down after running high rpm or a good engine load on. This is quickly remodied by removeing, reseating the gas cap.. No big improvement made by removing the larger outter gasket.. I am debating if its worth the effort to install the vented style off road style gas cap?

The problem was the vent hose probably kinked within the plastics of the top housing on the tank. Also, the check valve attached to that hose must be mounted upright or it wont work correctly and will definitely block the tank from venting or depressurizing. I recently got a Boom and found this problem on mine. The check valve in the pic is upright to work as shown. My finger also points to a pinch in the line as it wasn't routed very well

Old 11-20-2020, 10:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narofive View Post
I don't speak much English, so I translated everything with Google

Hello friends, I am a new owner of a 2020 Boom Vader Gen 2, bought on December 2 through Kronik Racing and a week later I was already in my hands, it is the blue model and here are some data.

1 - PURCHASE
I chose Kronik Racing after reading here and in other places so good reviews about them, I really didn't go wrong with them since everything went very well.

2 - DELIVERY AND ASSEMBLY
Two days after buying the company that handled the shipment, he was already calling me to schedule an appointment for package delivery.
On the day of delivery the package looked good, some holes showed the little Vader inside, so I opened the box to check that everything looked good and sign the sheet to the carrier.
When I wanted to take it out of the box quickly I realized that the screw and nut of the rear shock absorber were not, just as the front axle nut was not in place, well it is a long trip from China and something would have to be lost, So it is not a great loss.
After putting the battery, adjusting the bars and mirrors, the next day I got nuts and bolts to be able to remove it from the metal structure and to be able to continue with the first initial steps, right there I asked for axles and shock absorbers from Honda Grom OEM to ensure that it would solve problems with my weight (240 pounds), the next thing was to follow some recommendations that I read here, I changed the oil for something better, by the way he had it was quite chip and dirty enough would say, I'm glad I changed it, look inside the tank of gasoline to see if it had some dirt but it looked very clean, so I added some gas and see if it would start, and it did, that first start was really successful, I just had to touch idle.
Lubricate the chain and remove some tension since it came very tight was the following.

First Start

I have created this youtube channel to upload several videos that I made and that I will do soon about several things of the Boom Vader, do not forget to subscribe

3 - FIRST SETTINGS
In the first week came the first adjustments to be able to leave it well optimized. I started noticing that I had too much strength and very revolutionized, then I checked that it came with a pinion of 14 and I already had a 16 and 17 at home, I tried first with the 16 and the thing improved a lot but I ended up installing the 17 to go lower RPM The first miles of shooting.

The odometer came with a lot of difference with respect to the GPS, marked 7 miles more than the real one, today after trying some top end, it climbed to 62 MPH, being 55 MPH real, in some descent, so thanks to Some information from the forum followed the steps and I managed to put it exactly with the GPS, now super real and the miles in the trip fail 1 or 2 more in every 100 miles traveled.

With the Motorcycle of stock my real speed data with the pinion of 17 as the only change:

56 MPH at some descent with a lot of air near 7500 RPM

50 MPH in flat terrain with a lot of air, it costs a lot to maintain them but it is possible, at 6750 RPM

45 MPH is the speed you like most in any situation at 6000 RPM, it goes very smooth and nothing forced.

40 MPH is on any rise in gear 3 to 7000 RPM, a lot of strength to face big climbs where the 4 simply dies.

These numbers are real compared to GPS and 240 pounds with temperatures from 40 to 60 F. In Texas.

4 - PHASE 2, Optimize Engine

The next thing for the Vader is to remove everything from the Emissions to take it with the Cleanest Air to the Engine, if any good post explaining how to do so would appreciate it.

Change the Gas Lines for better ones from Autozone.

And check everything when I decide to remove the Tapas, I haven't done it yet.

5 - PROBLEMS FOUND

-There seems to be some pressure problem in the gas tank, the Vader will not start well until you remove that vacuum from the tank, pressing the lid takes it out, then it does not give problems on the fly.

-My plate light was melting, I made the change for something better.

-With pinion 17 the chain made a lot of knocking noise somewhere, cut some metal on the pinion cover and solved.

-Many vibration in the area of ​​the lighthouse, a lot of cable and connections, not yet solved but I will open and see what I can do.

-Ruid when making gear changes, it seems to be softening with use, but still continues.

-Neutral was lost, now seems to be more easily, almost 300 miles to this point

Well friends I will update this as things change or there is new news ... If anyone can give any advice for improvement I would be grateful.

The problem was the vent hose probably kinked within the plastics of the top housing on the tank. Also, the check valve attached to that hose must be mounted upright or it wont work correctly and will definitely block the tank from venting or depressurizing. I recently got a Boom and found this problem on mine. The check valve in the pic is upright to work as shown. My finger also points to a pinch in the line as it wasn't routed very well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1062.JPG (25.0 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1059.JPG (27.5 KB, 365 views)

Tags
125, 2020, boom, texas, vader