Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2020, 12:52 AM   #1

Thumbs Up from knowing nothing about motorcycles/mods, to this. The boom vader

My first post explained that getting a moped gave me the itch to learn to ride a real motorcycle. This forum gave me everything i needed to not only build confidence in wrenching, but riding as well. This week I finished all my tuning and tweaking. Finally I'm ripping around town. I still have to get it inspected and go grab plates so I have been keeping it close to home. Just wanted to show some before and after pics and say thank you to everyone here that shares their experience for the newbs. Yall rock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vader after pic.jpg (97.3 KB, 516 views)
File Type: jpg vader after pic 3.jpg (97.9 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg vader before pic 2.jpg (89.0 KB, 489 views)

Old 07-25-2020, 01:10 AM   #2

Looks good man, i love my Vader , more smiles per mile than any of my other Bikes!

Welcome to the Grom clone club ,and to Chinariders.net as well !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-25-2020, 11:48 AM   #3

Congrats! Now it’s time to enjoy the lil bugger. I got two of them. So much fun bombing around town. How did you get that muffler to mount up to the stock heaped pipe? Looks good!

Old 07-25-2020, 11:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaguy23 View Post
Congrats! Now it’s time to enjoy the lil bugger. I got two of them. So much fun bombing around town. How did you get that muffler to mount up to the stock heaped pipe? Looks good!
So you know that the stock mufler/exhaust system is two pieces. One from the engine mount up to the slip on exhaust/muffler. So what I did was cut the muffler off and cut under the bend that leads into the muffler to where it was just the straight verticle pipe. Bought a connection link and slip on muffler from amazon and it fit on there nicely with a clamp.

I am still wanting to do a complete exhaust mod but for right now it works and sounds pretty good.

Old 09-06-2022, 04:45 PM   #5

Hi all,

I have just joined your community and I’m in need of help. As you can see I didn’t even create my own thread lol! Well, I am a first time rider and took a nasty spill recently that broke my clutch shift handle, side mirror, moved my dash over a little, and my turn signal lights were damaged. I have the determination to work on it, but I don’t know we’re to begin. Can someone help? I’m actually still financing my boom Vader/ jumper/grom clone BD-125-10 2022 if my memory serves me correct.

Old 09-06-2022, 04:55 PM   #6

If you did that much damage you need to insure that your forks are not bent.

The rest of what you mention are simple E-bay purchases and a little time wrenching.

Old 09-06-2022, 05:09 PM   #7

What are the forks? And I would like to make mods while making repairs. Any suggestions? How will I find upgraded parts for this scooter/ motorcycle?

Old 09-06-2022, 05:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
What are the forks? And I would like to make mods while making repairs. Any suggestions? How will I find upgraded parts for this scooter/ motorcycle?
First step, start your own thread rather than take up Seant's thread with your problems. Basic forum courtesy.

Is English your first language? Asking because you don't know what the forks are. Not trying to be a d*ck here, but that's almost like asking what is a tire? Go start your thread then take it from there.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 09-08-2022, 11:01 AM   #9

Might want to take out the exhaust baffle, sounds better and I honestly feel more acceleration from it.

Testing a YouTube Channel

Tags
beginner, modifications, vader, vader 125