Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2020, 10:31 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicbobs View Post
I'm with you on that. Colorado is bi-polar as hell right now. I'm riding at 34 degrees with a 110 main and it's doing ok, but the 95 was running too lean and killing after a couple minutes of riding.

I also took that charcoal canister out because I felt it was either pinching my fuel line or choking it somewhere. I'm going to try and tune it again. It'll be in the 70s this weekend.
I have a Brother-in law lives up in Delta, Co. One day its nice and sunny the next day there's snow. Here in south Louisiana it's either hot or wet and hotter. lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 09-10-2020, 11:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicbobs View Post
I'm with you on that. Colorado is bi-polar as hell right now. I'm riding at 34 degrees with a 110 main and it's doing ok, but the 95 was running too lean and killing after a couple minutes of riding.

I also took that charcoal canister out because I felt it was either pinching my fuel line or choking it somewhere. I'm going to try and tune it again. It'll be in the 70s this weekend.
The sooner the smog equipment is removed on these bikes the better. The tank vent is usually kinked by the tank plastics causing running and starting problems. I had to reroute mine to get it into a position that wouldn't get smashed down by the plastics. Ever since I did the carb swap, changed out every fuel line, and emissions delete the little bike has ran great.

Old 09-13-2020, 02:07 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
The sooner the smog equipment is removed on these bikes the better. The tank vent is usually kinked by the tank plastics causing running and starting problems. I had to reroute mine to get it into a position that wouldn't get smashed down by the plastics. Ever since I did the carb swap, changed out every fuel line, and emissions delete the little bike has ran great.
Yeah both of the crank case vents were bent on our bikes, so I fixed that, removed the charcoal canister, blocked off the removed evap from the engine and it definitely cleans up the look and breaths a lot better and is much less to worry about.

Tags
boom, grom, mikuni, vader, vm22